Hearts of Demons - REVENANT [0.3.0 Beta]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Someone64

Re: Hearts of Demons - REVENANT [Early Alpha Release]

Post by Someone64 »

Died, pressed Use to start again, this happened:
[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/QJzZPj5[/imgur]
Brohnesorge
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Win10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Brohnesorge »

Yeah that's an issue all my mods have with CH right now. If you get frozen and then crushed by anything it causes that crash. Thankfully you can just pause and reload. I am working on fixing it now. thank you for the report.
YasuoProjectX
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YasuoProjectX »

I guess this was reference of "Big Enough Meme"
-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

Actually it's a copyrighted decryption key and should be removed. But seriously, don't you know what a Revenant is?
MrRumbleRoses

Post by MrRumbleRoses »

this mod is pretty cool
NTSM
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by NTSM »

A promising mod, which I certainly keep in mind. ^^
Lord_Greyscale

Post by Lord_Greyscale »

Heyo, AWESOME mod, but I've got a minor bug report for you.

You can pick up weaker armor while still having more points left in your current heavier armor. (EX: I had the red one, with 257 left, stumbled over a green while dodging fire, and the green was picked up)
The good news here is that it didn't change my armor type, I still had 257 pints of red, its just that it picked it up and played the sound.

EDIT: and I'll have a look at the code for it later, I've allready got a suspicion as to why it did that. Right now, time to keep kicking the shit out of the middle third of Scythe II!

EDIT the Second: My suspicion was not accurate at all, but I think I see the problem anyway, the armor pickups are custom inventory items, and so they don't get to use Doom's native check for "do you actually need this" (which is purely numbers, if you have more armor points remaining than it would give, it won't pick it up)

I'm not well-versed in z-script, is there a particular reason you've done it this way? (since I can see the actual armor items right after the custom pickups, why haven't you just used those?)
Brohnesorge

Post by Brohnesorge »

Short answer is the mod is still in a very early incomplete state, so most things are just done in a way so they work, even if not in the best way. Eventually, armor pickups will be smarter, but unfortunately for now, everyone just kinda has to deal with it.
Lord_Greyscale wrote: I'm not well-versed in z-script...
me neither lol

I do plan on returning to HoD - REVENANT and getting it to a more proper and playable Beta state some time in the next year, but I'm glad to hear you are enjoying it, even in it's current premature wonky state.
jablon1000

Post by jablon1000 »

Hi.

I have played several hours this mod and overall i enjoy it so much. Balance is pretty good, spriting is A+, gameplay is fluent and addactive i think. But there is some minor issues that you should repair in future:

1. Souls/grave is pickable when player is on full health/grave and its going to waste. I think this should be unpickable or it should give player other bonus (for example armor bonus), same thing with armors.
2. Bahamut its good weapon but it should be stronger i think. Leviatan is lower tier weapon and is ultimate fuckupper at this moment. Maybe bahamut should have bigger ammo pool and should be twin linked like other weapons.
3. While leviatan its out of ammo it shoots pity missiles but it uses 10 grave. I think you should boost it because standard weapon cost only 1 grave when out of ammo.
4. Please rebalance grave usage for weapons, revenant should use 5 grave i think, belial and moloch should use 2 or 3 grave, grave bolt should (spell) use 10, heal should use 2.
Brohnesorge

Post by Brohnesorge »

Pick up shenanigans can be attributed to the early alpha state of the mod, and will be ironed out in time. I'm also not surprised the Bahamut balance isn't quite there yet as that was the last weapon added before the hiatus. When I come back to this mod (which my goal of the year is to get it to Beta state before the end of the year) I'll be sure to mess with it and Grave usage some more.

Also Leviathan's Grave shot does 10x the amount of damage, so it uses 10x the amount of Grave. It just doesn't explode.
Brohnesorge

Post by Brohnesorge »

Brohnesorge

Post by Brohnesorge »

Hey ya'll, coming in with a bit of a progress report! Putting together the final parts of a new HUD, and after that's done, I will be officially announcing the beta release for Hearts of Demons - REVENANT! So what exactly does that mean? Well, mostly, changes will start being announced and tracked, instead of them just going on and everyone being left in the air about what's been up. If you want to play it now, download the WIP branch of the repo!

Expect to see version 0.1.0 by the end of May, early June at the latest! Features some neat features like

Code: Select all

-Fancy new HUD with appearance options
-Updated punching and hand gun animations
-New powerups and upgrades
-More meaningful melee
-Improved movement
-????
-And More!
baddude1337

Post by baddude1337 »

Can't wait! Baron is great fun to play, this looks just as good!
EnriksD8

Post by EnriksD8 »

I have only one thing to say and one thing to say only:

DOOT!
elCreyo
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 12/Windows 10

Post by elCreyo »

It's very cool. Going super fast, shooting shotgun and cannons at the same time is awesome.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”