[Zscript] Physiccal monsters mutations [4/7] ver 0.0.2

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Apeirogon

[Zscript] Physiccal monsters mutations [4/7] ver 0.0.2

Post by Apeirogon »

Couple of simple little mods which change a little monster behavior when damaged.

To use it you must download base file
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mX2LYi ... HFN6w/view
and load it before any other mod.
Now you can load all mods in the same time, choose what kind of mutation have greater chance to appears, and choose chance of appearing mutations at all.

First, not by value, fractal mutation simple mod which divide one killed monster on several monsters of the same type, but with smaller size and damage output, which than can be shoot or stomped. Just like old Fractal Doom(LTM, All right reserved) mod, but more customable, since you can setup how much monsters "child" can be spawned and how much times it can be splitted from options menu.
Work with all custom monster mods. In case of brutal doom and similar mods, which use hitboxes, it can glitch.

Must work with all gzdoom version higher than 2.4, but last stable version of gzdoom is preferable.

This all looks like this
Screenshots and video by Yrvyne (how make link to the user?)
Spoiler:
Video (outdated. Means source of lags on 03:41, 04:00 and 05:36 fixed...or at least I think so)
Spoiler:
Download
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1egNCaY ... ieui9/view

Second, size mutation AKA light version of fractal mutation.
Simple as...I dont know much of english idioms, so...piece of cake????? It just change monster size, height and radius, the more damage its takes, while also decreasing amount of damage such monster can inflict.
You can customize limit of how small it can be from menu. Or I dont create such possibility...
Download
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZJlsqO ... Bipx2/view

Third, phase mutations.
Maybe one of the most interesting. Each monster throw around self bunch of its afterimages, which can make you try to hit such enemy a little bit...TRICKY, hehe.
May cause motion sickness!!! Consult with your doctor before use!!!
Video
Spoiler:
Download
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wnb62m ... 4tX7R/view

Number which go after three, transparent mutation.
Force monster to lose value in its alpha channel together with its health, which looks like a monster become more and more transparent the closer it come to death.
You can also set how transparent monster can be, to not lose it from crosshair.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rLcCo5 ... 4Zex-/view
Last edited by Apeirogon on Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
UnbornDecay25

Re: [Zscript] Fractal monsters mutation ver 0.0.1

Post by UnbornDecay25 »

Hell I might play just for "Dragonforce intensifies"
Apeirogon

Re: [Zscript] Physiccal monsters mutations [4/7] ver 0.0.11

Post by Apeirogon »

Update it a little bit and add some more mods.
Mostly for finding bugs, so if someone interested in this bizarre, half made, mods and while playing with it find a bug, post it here.
Matt
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian Bullseye
Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: [Zscript] Physiccal monsters mutations [4/7] ver 0.0.11

Post by Matt »

I really like the way you did that afterimages effect!
Apeirogon

Re: [Zscript] Physiccal monsters mutations [4/7] ver 0.0.2

Post by Apeirogon »

Since someone still playing it, or at least commenting video about it, another little update.
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

This is a fun set of mutators! I really like the effect of the after image mutator.
Have you thought about making one where monster speed increases as health drops?
Apeirogon

Post by Apeirogon »

Yes, I have an idea of something like this, monster which have a LOT of health and veeeeeeeeeeery slow at max health and inflict ridiculous damage, but become more and more faster and deadlier the less health he has left.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”