DoomKrakken's Monster Randomizer [v5a] (21-12-19)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [WIP] DoomKrakken's Monster Randomizer [v5]

Postby baddude1337 » Sat May 25, 2019 2:08 am

Looking good! Can't wait for release.
baddude1337

V5 released!

Postby Dutchygamer » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:37 pm

And that's a wrap! V5 of this mod is now available for download in the first post. Optional compatibility patch for Guncaster players is available as well.
I wanted to create a fancy trailer / release video, but due to a lack of time and experience I decided to pass on that. You can expect some recordings with the Guncaster patch later on.

Let me know what you think of this release! What is good, what is bad, what should be replaced in your opinion, what can stay, etc etc :)
Dutchygamer

Re: DoomKrakken's Monster Randomizer [v5] (22-09-19)

Postby baddude1337 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 3:42 pm

Congrats on the release! Been looking forward to this for a while!

Had a quick blast on a few maps and everything seems to be working great so far - effects, gore etc all good, and liking additional variants for the marines so far! Definitely a permanent addition to Guncaster for me.
baddude1337

Postby baddude1337 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:32 am

I'm halfway through a mapset, and wanted to say have been really enjoying it! The removed enemies aren't missed, and the new ones add to the variety! Haven't encountered any bugs so far, apart from the green blood pool looking a bit off. I have customised some of the item drops (I like the bosses dropping a diamond + loot chest, and also made the tanks drop a backpack, to hepl with maps where backpacks are stingy). Nice work!
baddude1337

Postby Dutchygamer » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:45 pm

baddude1337 wrote:I'm halfway through a mapset, and wanted to say have been really enjoying it! The removed enemies aren't missed, and the new ones add to the variety! Haven't encountered any bugs so far, apart from the green blood pool looking a bit off. I have customised some of the item drops (I like the bosses dropping a diamond + loot chest, and also made the tanks drop a backpack, to hepl with maps where backpacks are stingy). Nice work!

Nice to hear you enjoy it :) The green gore is a recolour of Guncaster's gore. What do you mean with that they look off? The colour? The texture?
Dutchygamer

Postby baddude1337 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:16 pm

The green blood pool looks like this for me:

https://imgur.com/a/DhWsxt4
baddude1337

Postby Dutchygamer » Mon Sep 30, 2019 10:29 am

baddude1337 wrote:The green blood pool looks like this for me:

https://imgur.com/a/DhWsxt4

Hmm, will look into that. Seems like it is displayed in a wrong angle or something.
Dutchygamer

Postby Dutchygamer » Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:07 am

A quick status update on what's to come:
  • added custom menu to enable / disable extra projectile particles
  • GCP: fixed Cyberdemon fire offset (still used vDoom offset)
  • added menu option to make GCP boss monsters drop additional loot besides the loot crate
    -doesn't do anything when you don't use GCP
  • GCP: fixed bug that blood pools of Hell Knights, Baron of Hells and Slime Worms were drawn oddly
  • GCP: fixed bug that Ghoul never dropped Mana potions (it now does on its final death)
  • GCP: modified Demon, Spectre and Revenant's XDeath to use the new XDeath animations the default mod uses
  • GCP: reverted the changes that the new monsters could be rezzed after XDeath
    -not being able to get rezzed after XDeath is apparently a feature of GC
  • GCP: fixed various monster's duplicate (X)Death states
  • GCP: fixed Mancubus fire offset (still used vDoom offset)
  • GCP: fixed various monster's Pain states using incorrect frames
  • GCP: added missing compatibility for Apprentice
GCP = Guncaster patch

I have yet to try the updated version with the new Guncaster release. If the changes in GC 3.5 do not cause any new conflicts with the mod, then you can expect this update somewhere this month :)
Dutchygamer

Postby baddude1337 » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:22 am

Glad to see this is getting an update! It is permanently in my load order for Guncaster. as well as Trailblazer. Looking forward to the option for additional loot for bosses, I personally always quite like them dropping some money alongside the chests.

I recently played a megawad with the GC 3.5 and this and it had no issues besides those previously mentioned.
baddude1337

Postby Dutchygamer » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:35 pm

Did a quick run with GC 3.5, encountered no errors / conflicts as far as I was able to test, so that is no blocking issue :)
Dutchygamer

Postby Dutchygamer » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:36 pm

Bit later then intended, but version 5a is now up! Download the main file here and the Guncaster patch here. Note that you need to replace both files if you want to use the Guncaster patch.
Contains the following changes / fixes:
  • added custom menu to enable / disable extra projectile particles
  • GCP: fixed Cyberdemon fire offset (still used vDoom offset)
  • added menu option to make GCP boss monsters drop additional loot besides the loot crate
    -doesn't do anything when you don't use GCP
  • GCP: fixed bug that blood pools of Hell Knights, Baron of Hells and Slime Worms were drawn oddly
  • GCP: fixed bug that Ghoul never dropped Mana potions (it now does on its final death)
  • GCP: modified Demon, Spectre and Revenant's XDeath to use the new XDeath animations the default mod uses
  • GCP: reverted the changes that the new monsters could be rezzed after XDeath
    -not being able to get rezzed after XDeath is apparently a feature of GC
  • GCP: fixed various monster's duplicate (X)Death states
  • GCP: fixed Mancubus fire offset (still used vDoom offset)
  • GCP: fixed various monster's Pain states using incorrect frames
  • GCP: added missing compatibility for Apprentice
  • added XDeath for Cacodemon
    -custom made sprites, yay!
  • GCP: modified Cacodemon's XDeath to use the new XDeath animations the default mod uses
  • GCP: fixed graphical bug with Overlord when killed by special effect weapons (Shocked death, Tib death, etc)
  • GCP: fixed bug that Satyr used green gore on XDeath
GCP = Guncaster patch
Dutchygamer

Re: DoomKrakken's Monster Randomizer [v5a] (21-12-19)

Postby baddude1337 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:21 pm

Horay, another release! Really glad about the extra loot options!
baddude1337

Postby saladofstones » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:47 pm

Been playing, and enjoying it, since the update but there are some minor things

1.) Nightmares are a bit hard to find. Being that they are an imp spawn without a ranged attack, is invisible, and has a distinct howl, this can lead to nightmares wandering around out of bounds, with no way for the player to easily track and dispose of them. They also trigger blood when shot, which when used with things like nashgore is a bit weird.
2.) A lot of the monsters no longer leave wall decals if their projectiles hit the wall
3.) Slime worms are invisible nightmares, since they have a fair amount of health and are really, really rapid and aggressive with their slime attack.
4.) The BFG marine causes all sort of issues. As rare as he is, he can cause unwinnable states without cheats. The ability to drop BFG Projectiles mean they can ruin your day behind cover, and they will also frag a lot of their own team.
5.) This is pretty minor, but the netherdarkimps' sprite shows them having green blood, but their puffs are regular red blood
saladofstones

Postby jabberwok » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:00 pm

I love this mod. I do wish there were some replacement variants for the Wolfenstein SS, though. I've been searching for other mods that do that, but they all seem to modify the other monsters....
jabberwok

Postby panzerfaustmna » Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:43 am

Is it possible to add tracers for enamies with weapons?
There is no universal tracers mods for doom, only for vanilla enemies.
Your monster pack one of the best, but i hate hit scan system, it is unfair.
If it possible, plz make it, i will be so happy!!!
Have a nice day)))
panzerfaustmna

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods