The Arcane Wanderer - Updated 05/12/19

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: The Arcane Wanderer - Updated 05/12/19

Postby Dr_Cosmobyte » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:08 pm

Thanks for the feedback, i'll work some of those things and a bit more in the next weeks =)
Dr_Cosmobyte
Demons are a disease. Meet the cure.

Postby theroguemonk » Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:44 am

the pistol should be wider .. it feels off... and i think it is ruining the experience... because in my personal opinion the gun feels very flatt. and in reloading its too long.
am i wrong?
theroguemonk

Github ID: monk
Operating System: Other OS Not Listed Here
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Clifford21 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:18 pm

A recommendation of the compatibility range of zdoom source ports, if any, on the OP would be nice...
Clifford21

Postby Dr_Cosmobyte » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:23 pm

theroguemonk wrote:the pistol should be wider .. it feels off... and i think it is ruining the experience... because in my personal opinion the gun feels very flatt. and in reloading its too long.
am i wrong?

I've thought that in the beginning but if you watch some videos about that pistol, you'll see the size is proper =)

Clifford21 wrote:A recommendation of the compatibility range of zdoom source ports, if any, on the OP would be nice...

Sorry bro, indeed i should specify this mod isn't compatible with Zandronum, because of some commands.

If possible, maybe i can upload a build which is compatible with Zandronum or even adapt it for more plataforms, but i highly doubt that's possible, unless i nerf some magic.

=)
Dr_Cosmobyte
Demons are a disease. Meet the cure.

Postby Clifford21 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:02 am

GAA1992 wrote:
Sorry bro, indeed i should specify this mod isn't compatible with Zandronum, because of some commands.

If possible, maybe i can upload a build which is compatible with Zandronum or even adapt it for more plataforms, but i highly doubt that's possible, unless i nerf some magic.

=)

Never mind.

Lol. You don't really need to do some extra hard work hindering your development progress, simply because of my curious enquiry.

Would you mind giving a bit more details on the range of GZDoom version supported by this mod?

For example, your Kriegsland II mod supports GZDoom 3.2+.

With that info, I can make a better guess on which mods can be run along with your mod.

Edited: tested with earlier builds of GZDoom, it works fine. Great to play with other mini-QOL mods.

Satisfactory weapon & reload sound, smooth animation, well-informed in-game message, easy-to-read hud, excellent work!

I think the sound of Mosin-Nagant rifle is too loud compared to the others. It is for realistic purpose, may be?

Also, why is the Mosin-Nagant rifle so inaccurate at longer range, that's definitely not realistic... I thought it was a SSG replacement, and ended up using it like a mid-range weapon....

Fureyon wrote:-The meditation feels good, I foresee it could become a bit annoying to hold a key for longer periods of time when your mana gets up there, but I also believe that is intentional as you still got the mana pickups.

Such issue can be solved if there is a "toggle mediate" key, when it's pressed, the mediation process is performed automatically until either of the following happens:
a) mana fully recharges
b) player moves, shoots or casts spell
c) when the same key is pressed again
Last edited by Clifford21 on Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Clifford21

Postby theroguemonk » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:06 pm

the pistol rubs me the wrong way .. i cant really feel the snappy ness in this as in your other mods... you knwo your pistols have always been my favourite but this one is so strange..
theroguemonk

Github ID: monk
Operating System: Other OS Not Listed Here
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods