[0.2.1] Se7evidas (RPG mod for Doom) | Updated 2018/11/30

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Should I make dev logs?

Yes - Dev log videos.
26%
Yes - Dev log posts.
20%
Yes - Some videos, some text.
54%
No.
No votes

Total votes: 35

Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [0.2.1] Se7evidas (RPG mod for Doom) | Updated 2018/11/3

Post by Captain J »

Crap Crappo Crap... I played it for the moment but then i forgot reply... To give you some feedback and thoughts, of course. Anyway this mod is very impressive; has non-stop action, enemies are now decent and more aggressive and makes me to think and purchase what i truly need to handle the encounter. RPG style level up mechanism is also clever too! But now, here are my feedback;
Spoiler:
And that's it! It's kinda hard to adapt, but it's Super Stimulating and the choice of buying stuff is very detailed yet informative. I also love the special effects and the zombies' voice as well. Seems like they still have their own personality, while being possessed by the evil!

I would like to see even more weapons to buy, but not with more ammo variants, though! This would make it even more complicated. Can't wait the completion of this mod.
SeriousWeasle
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by SeriousWeasle »

Great mod, I have had a lot of fun over the past few days, but I found some bugs after playing with the mod for a while.

Technical info
Game version: gzdoom-x64-g3.6pre-73-g0e6af7137
Mod version: 0.2
Load order: Se7evidas first and mappack after
Mappack on which all of this occurred: sf2012

Gameplay related
- The Empress would cast some sort of shield spell and remain invulnerable even after the effect wore off. This happens irregularly and only on a small percentage. Out of the 100 or so Empresses I encountered only 3-5 of them stayed invincible.
- Like Eggs pointed out as well, attempting to melee with a medkit or stimpack equipped results in your weapons disappearing.

Shop related
- In the shop the Butterfly has an option to specify an amount of this item being bought, you can't put it on a higher value than one but it feels kind of off with all the other weapons not having this option.
- When attempting to sell more than 16 Type A energy cells, the counter does not stop or go to 17, but instead jumps up to something like 288 and is stuck on that value. The same happens with Firebrand cells if you try to go higher than 11 and it jumps up to 256.

EDIT:
I forgot to say that when running the game in 21:9 the blursphere's shader only covers part of the screen. This is only applicable to the blursphere, the invulnerability works just fine.
Last edited by SeriousWeasle on Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Hold on. You actually can sell something in this mod? Because i don't know how do sell them... Silly me. I would like to see some loots(like shotgun shells, weapons and Stimpack/Medikits) i have collected for that matter, but how?
SeriousWeasle

Post by SeriousWeasle »

If you press the [Tab] key in the shop menu it switches from buy mode to sell mode, you can then pretty much sell everything you want.
UnbornDecay25

Post by UnbornDecay25 »

SeriousWeasle wrote: - Like Eggs pointed out as well, attempting to melee with a medkit or stimpack equipped results in your weapons disappearing.

THANK YOU! I lost my weapons at some point and I couldnt figure out how to replicate it, been fighting with the mod for two days trynna figure it out. Been trying to report that to Phantombeta
phantombeta
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by phantombeta »

Spoiler: Replies to Captain J's posts
Spoiler: Replies to SeriousWeasle's post
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Spoiler: Replies to phantombeta's Replies
Anyway thanks about the info! I seriously forgot about the Extra sell info below the armory menu. Also hey, Ion Cannon DOES kills me. Just tested it out by typing Freeze in the Console. It turns out i somehow haven't deactivated the God mode. Derp...
phantombeta

Post by phantombeta »

- Yeah, i get it now. But now let's talk about the Healing Potion. Its max amount is 2000. Small or not, few of them are sufficient enough to be refilled and you just can use them very quickly than Medical Items, at any time. Also it's everywhere because it replaces Health Bonus. Kinda makes Stimpack/Medikits a bit obsolete or is it just me? Perhaps you should decrease the volume of the Potion items to keep the Balance.
It is a bit OP, yeah. I made the canteen refills spawn more often and contain more stuff a bit before the first release of the mod, so I haven't had the time to really balance it. It's supposed to be something you can use if you need to heal right now, but that you shouldn't rely on for healing all the time.
And i see you already put bullets on those casing sprites, as you can see the HUD. Spriting live rifle round won't be so hard, is it? Or was it edited by someone else?
The sprites on the HUD actually come from your casing spritesheet. You added versions with bullets for the upright, perspective-less versions, but not for the versions with perspective.
This is the spritesheet I'm talking about. It's in your resources thread, under the "Little bit Twitched Other people's Weapon 'n Ammo Sprites" spoiler.
You can see it doesn't have versions with bullets of these circled sprites:
- Oh, sorry about that! I just misinformed about this. What i meant to say was Ammo. Their Dropped Ammo. It gives very small amount of ammo and yet they're not diverse. So i have to buy different ammo in the Armory and it's like a chore.
Ah. I've already changed it so they drop whatever they have loaded in their weapon when they died, so in the next release they should drop a bit more ammo sometimes.
But... But that Bulk Chaingun dude's sprite actually has Chaingun as a Weapon? With Ammo belt even! Would be nice if you can replace his Chaingun into Rifle or some sort of. I'm certain there are some certain Sprites out there.
Oh. I thought you meant that the Zombieman replacement should drop random types of ammo instead of just clips. The Chaingunner replacement does indeed have a machinegun, and it'll drop some ammo once I finish the chaingunner.
will183
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Win-10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by will183 »

What classes use what weapons?
and can they use the AK-47 or Super shotgun or what?
SeriousWeasle

Post by SeriousWeasle »

will183 wrote:What classes use what weapons?
Runner: Kronos SMG and some grenades, can double jump and has some medical supplies
EMT: Deathbringer revolver and some grenades, can double-jump and has some medical supplies
Battle Medic: Same as EMT, except has no double jump and starts with more ammo and medical supplies
Infiltrator: Same as Runner but gets a Manx Carbine in stead of grenades and both weapons are silenced
Infantry: Raptor Pistol, some grenades and some medical supplies
Rifleman: Mars assault rifle, Raptor pistol, some grenades and some medical supplies
Enforcer: Lucifer 20 Gauge shotgun, Deathbringer revolver, some grenades and some medical supplies
will183 wrote:and can they use the AK-47 or Super shotgun or what?
Yes, just assign the "Player Menu" control to a key and assign them under "Weapon Assignment"
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Any chance of a more classic pump shotgun making it in? The ones you have are cool, but that first shotgun you can get doesn't really feel like it fits progression-wise, like it's stronger than a starter shotgun, if that makes sense. It'd be nice to have a regular pump shotgun initially, then work up to the other 2 types as you get more credits.
phantombeta

Post by phantombeta »

-Ghost- wrote:Any chance of a more classic pump shotgun making it in? The ones you have are cool, but that first shotgun you can get doesn't really feel like it fits progression-wise, like it's stronger than a starter shotgun, if that makes sense. It'd be nice to have a regular pump shotgun initially, then work up to the other 2 types as you get more credits.
I don't really want to add a single-barrel pump-action shotgun, myself - it would be pretty much made completely useless by the Lucifer double-barrel pump-action SG and the double-barrel break-action SG.
There's also not many angled shotgun sprites with reloading sprites that fit well, unfortunately.
phantombeta

Post by phantombeta »

I really ought to post some updates or dev logs/videos here from time to time...
So here's some videos:

I might make some dev logs if enough people want them...
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

Will you be able to load different grenades at the same time? In the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games you could load any combination of buckshot, slugs and dart rounds into either the Mossberg Maverick 88 or SPAS-12 :P
phantombeta

Post by phantombeta »

DabbingSquidward wrote:Will you be able to load different grenades at the same time? In the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games you could load any combination of buckshot, slugs and dart rounds into either the Mossberg Maverick 88 or SPAS-12 :P
Yup! This grenade launcher and its 7 or so ammo types were already in the very first release, too, I just made some changes to the explosion effects and damage so that it felt better.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”