XParkour 2.2 (Xaser's old mod but it's new)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TDRR
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 12/ Manjaro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

XParkour 2.2 (Xaser's old mod but it's new)

Post by TDRR »

Some time ago i played Xaser's Parkour mod, which was really awesome! But i thought it could be better, and started adding a bunch of things to it until it become this.

The basic premise of this mod is the fact that it adds new content without adding a single graphic or sound, everything is done 100% with code!

Almost everything that the Parkour mod has is still kept in this new version, along with new stuff, including a modified version of Scalliano's "ShuffleLite"
Here's a full changelog:
Spoiler:
DOWNLOAD NOW
Last edited by TDRR on Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: XParkour 2.0 (Xaser's old mod but it's new)

Post by wildweasel »

Did you ask Xaser first?
thedeathrunner123
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro

Post by thedeathrunner123 »

This is a pretty good little modification. But i think the scope really needs to go on the RL, either keep the flamethrower, or add a, uhhhh. missile barrage? idk.
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

wildweasel wrote:Did you ask Xaser first?
No, but there isn't any need to, as the text file that came with the mod states that it's fine to use his mod as a base as long as credit is given, which i did.
If you really want, i'm going to ask him via PM.

Yeah, maybe i might give it something like UT99's hold button function, or make alt fire act like a Grenade launcher.
Spoiler: Here's what the text file says, just in case
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

The grenades don't emit an explosion sound and are missing a pickup message and the shotgun displays a black bar in the top left corner of the screen. :?

Edit: The chaingun doesn't stop firing until the ammo has run out once the left mouse button is clicked.

Edit #2: The left akimbo pistol can only be fired once until de- & subsequent reselection. Firing the akimbo uzis also doesn't deduct from the single uzi's mag like the pistols do.

Edit #3: The shotgun and autoshotgun have the FBF_NORANDOM flag while all other weapons don't. Always dealing 120 damage per shell seems a bit overkill.

Edit #4: The left akimbo super shotgun also doesn't stop firing once it enters the fire state.

Last, but not least: all new weapons de/-select slower than the original Parkour weapons and the chaingun "jumps" if it's deselected again before its raise animation is finished.
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

DabbingSquidward wrote:The grenades don't emit an explosion sound and are missing a pickup message and the shotgun displays a black bar in the top left corner of the screen. :?

Edit: The chaingun doesn't stop firing until the ammo has run out once the left mouse button is clicked.

Edit #2: The left akimbo pistol can only be fired once until de- & subsequent reselection. Firing the akimbo uzis also doesn't deduct from the single uzi's mag like the pistols do.

Edit #3: The shotgun and autoshotgun have the FBF_NORANDOM flag while all other weapons don't. Always dealing 120 damage per shell seems a bit overkill.

Edit #4: The left akimbo super shotgun also doesn't stop firing once it enters the fire state.
1- I'm aware of the Shotgun issue, the grenades not emiting an explosion sound is definitely related to me always testing without sound, whoops!

2- That isn't what happens in my PC?

3- That doesn't happen either, i'm not sure if you are loading anything else. Yeah the akimbo uzis thing is on purpose because i thought it would get too complex, but i might try doing it.

4- It actually isn't overkill (well at least not for the regular Shotgun) But yeah the SSG does get ridiculous at times, i will leave it as is but decrease accuracy (the SSG is meant for powerful close range combat, whereas the Shotgun does great at mid ranges)

5- Alright this is getting stupid, are you sure you don't have a problem with your mouse? It works 100% fine on my end and even on my brother's PC. Also the Akimbo SSGs aren't supposed to be used anyways, i left it in there so you can get them with IDKFA, but they aren't meant for regular gameplay.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

With developer mode set to 2, I get this message spammed a lot.

Code: Select all

ACS: 'Casings DISABLED': Unknown actor class.
and this message at startup (to be fair, variants of it can be seen in many mods)

Resolved self-referencing texture by picking an older entry for M_DOOM
Resolved self-referencing texture by picking an older entry for TITLEPIC
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

@TDRR

I just double-checked by temporarily removing every mod from my autoload and it stopped happening. Now I just need to find out what causes the conflict.

My autoload contains:
  • menusliders.pk3
    gzd_brightmaps141.pk3
    damnums_1.0.1.pk3
    WideID.wad
    simpleuiaddons.pk3
    idclever-starter-0.3.1.pk3
    armament-tuning-0.2.2.pk3
    DmgDirOv.pk3
    use-to-pickup.pk3
    VanillaEssenceMkIII.pk3
    usetopickup.ini
    target-spy-1.1.2.pk3
    laser-sight-0.3.1.pk3
    switchtracker.wad
    customize-controls-v2-0.2.pk3
    caulkpc.pk3
    doomtest.wad
I'll get back to you tomorrow.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

DabbingSquidward wrote: I just double-checked by temporarily removing every mod from my autoload.
Dunno how you did it but, if you did it manually, another option is to add

-noautoload

to the command line.
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

Enjay wrote:With developer mode set to 2, I get this message spammed a lot.

ACS: 'Casings DISABLED': Unknown actor class.
and this message at startup (to be fair, variants of it can be seen in many mods)

Resolved self-referencing texture by picking an older entry for M_DOOM
Resolved self-referencing texture by picking an older entry for TITLEPIC
I'm going to try fixing the first one, but the second one is something i don't understand at all (It likely has to do with the TITLEPIC and M_DOOM mods Xaser did)

Also, what exactly does developer 2 do?

EDIT: After setting developer to 2 i didn't see any "Casings DISABLED" anywhere, not sure if it's that i'm in GZDoom 1.8.6
Last edited by TDRR on Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Developer lets you see additional warning messages not normally displayed. Useful when making a mod and checking that you have done things properly.

There are a few other settings: https://zdoom.org/wiki/CVARs:Debug

The self referencing texture thing happens when you have defined a texture in TEXTURES that includes a patch that has the same name as the texture itself. Unfortunately, that's a very common setup so you can see that message with loads of mods.
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

Enjay wrote:Developer lets you see additional warning messages not normally displayed. Useful when making a mod and checking that you have done things properly.

There are a few other settings: https://zdoom.org/wiki/CVARs:Debug

The self referencing texture thing happens when you have defined a texture in TEXTURES that includes a patch that has the same name as the texture itself. Unfortunately, that's a very common setup so you can see that message with loads of mods.
Ah so the second one is unfixable, that sucks.
UnbornDecay25

Post by UnbornDecay25 »

Gotta say I enjoyed this, and my main issues come from the modeling. <The Rifle and the Automatic shotgun in particular> But I have to wonder if the Rifle is even necessary due to the Uzis, Pistols, and the Chaingun all use the same ammo, making the Rifle a bit reduntant. Another thing I found was that the grenades dont hurt you. If it was a different item I wouldnt have an issue, but it seems weird to have an 'everything in that general direction must die' with out explosions. Otherwise, I think all the new additions sound good, and the Uzis are particularly fun to use. Great job
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

UnbornDecay25 wrote:Gotta say I enjoyed this, and my main issues come from the modeling. <The Rifle and the Automatic shotgun in particular> But I have to wonder if the Rifle is even necessary due to the Uzis, Pistols, and the Chaingun all use the same ammo, making the Rifle a bit reduntant. Another thing I found was that the grenades dont hurt you. If it was a different item I wouldnt have an issue, but it seems weird to have an 'everything in that general direction must die' with out explosions. Otherwise, I think all the new additions sound good, and the Uzis are particularly fun to use. Great job
Grenades don't do any damage? That's weird, i even have killed myself a few times with them (unless you mean the chaingun grenades, in which case i don't know)

Yeah i wanted to make the Auto Shotgun and the Rifle more unique than what they are, but making new weapons without any new sprites really is quite hard. The Rifle will be given something unique to stand out from the rest of the weapons, most likely long range sniping.

On another note, i'm giving the RL back it's original flamethrower alt-fire, already fixed many bugs and might add a new weapon (i don't have any good ideas though)

If anyone has any ideas on how to make the Rifle and Auto Shotgun look better, please send them to me.
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

Tekish's SimpleUIAddons doesn't play well with XParkour. I got the all in one package, so I need to find out which of the three modules is causing it. I suppose it's because of an ACS script conflict with numbers 891 and 892. This breaks Synthfire with all weapons.

This got me thinking. I just checked and yup, the original Parkour by Xaser is broken too.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”