Vanilla Doom .DEH-based mods (Upd. 14/01/19)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Vanilla Doom .DEH-based mods (Upd. 14/01/19)

Postby QuickWolfPT » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:06 am

Am i the only one that can't download any of the files?
QuickWolfPT
 
Joined: 23 Mar 2019

Re: Vanilla Doom .DEH-based mods (Upd. 14/01/19)

Postby TDRR » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:29 am

QuickWolfPT wrote:Am i the only one that can't download any of the files?

I forgot to remove all adfly links. I pasted back the first two links (comp-dm4 and vrandom) but i don't have the other files unfortunately, if anyone has the links or has those files still, please PM them to me.
User avatar
TDRR
Zandronum Edition
 
Joined: 11 Mar 2018
Location: Venezuela
Discord: TDRR#5820
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Vanilla Doom .DEH-based mods (Upd. 14/01/19)

Postby SiFi270 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:38 am

I got a few of them. Funny thing is, I only got them a few days ago while re-downloading stuff for my new laptop. For the most part I could just wait patiently through the adfly stuff, and it eventually gave up and let me have what I wanted.
User avatar
SiFi270
 
Joined: 10 Feb 2015
Location: Does anyone put a serious answer here?

Re: Vanilla Doom .DEH-based mods (Upd. 14/01/19)

Postby QuickWolfPT » Sun Jan 19, 2020 12:31 pm

TDRR wrote:I forgot to remove all adfly links. I pasted back the first two links (comp-dm4 and vrandom) but i don't have the other files unfortunately, if anyone has the links or has those files still, please PM them to me.

SiFi270 wrote:I got a few of them. Funny thing is, I only got them a few days ago while re-downloading stuff for my new laptop. For the most part I could just wait patiently through the adfly stuff, and it eventually gave up and let me have what I wanted.


Thanks to both of you =:)
QuickWolfPT
 
Joined: 23 Mar 2019

Re: Vanilla Doom .DEH-based mods (Upd. 14/01/19)

Postby DosDoomer » Fri May 01, 2020 4:43 pm

The download links lead to ads and so I cannot download the mods. Please fix these.
DosDoomer
 
Joined: 01 Apr 2020
Location: Earth
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Vanilla Doom .DEH-based mods (Upd. 14/01/19)

Postby DosDoomer » Fri May 01, 2020 5:06 pm

How do you run it on dosbox? Can you please help me or something? I really want to play these.
DosDoomer
 
Joined: 01 Apr 2020
Location: Earth
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Vanilla Doom .DEH-based mods (Upd. 14/01/19)

Postby TDRR » Fri May 01, 2020 6:45 pm

DosDoomer wrote:How do you run it on dosbox? Can you please help me or something? I really want to play these.

I recommend using Boom for the purposes of using DeHackEd patches in DOS/DOSBox, as it's easier to use and mixing DeHackEd patches is a bit more reliable.
https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/theme ... om/boom202
Download that and un-zip into your Doom folder, then open up the game with these parameters:
boom -file <wadfile> -deh <dehfile>
User avatar
TDRR
Zandronum Edition
 
Joined: 11 Mar 2018
Location: Venezuela
Discord: TDRR#5820
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Vanilla Doom .DEH-based mods (Upd. 14/01/19)

Postby Rachael » Fri May 01, 2020 7:15 pm

TDRR: There's still at least one link that goes to an adfly link.

You should be aware that there is a policy change soon that will make these links a violation of the rules, and your post is going to be edited with the link removed. You should probably put it behind a non-adfly link ASAP so this doesn't happen. The details are still being ironed out but it will be going into effect soon.
User avatar
Rachael
^ walking stack of unfinished projects ^
Admin
 
Joined: 13 Jan 2004
Discord: Rachael#3767
Twitch ID: madamerachelle
Github ID: madame-rachelle
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Vanilla Doom .DEH-based mods (Upd. 14/01/19)

Postby TDRR » Fri May 01, 2020 8:27 pm

Rachael wrote:TDRR: There's still at least one link that goes to an adfly link.

You should be aware that there is a policy change soon that will make these links a violation of the rules, and your post is going to be edited with the link removed. You should probably put it behind a non-adfly link ASAP so this doesn't happen. The details are still being ironed out but it will be going into effect soon.

Done, now the links point to one .zip file with all but 2 mods, and there's separate links for those two. (Google Drive and Mediafire are the only links now)

Unfortunately, centered weapons, deathmatch weapons and no ssg are lost and I no longer have these files, if anyone else has them, please share!
User avatar
TDRR
Zandronum Edition
 
Joined: 11 Mar 2018
Location: Venezuela
Discord: TDRR#5820
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Vanilla Doom .DEH-based mods (Upd. 14/01/19)

Postby okbuddy » Sat May 02, 2020 11:56 am

Here's the text from center.deh. Is that enough or do you need the actual file as well?

Spoiler:
User avatar
okbuddy
 
Joined: 21 Jun 2019

Re: Vanilla Doom .DEH-based mods (Upd. 14/01/19)

Postby DosDoomer » Mon May 11, 2020 10:45 am

I need help. When I run Boom, it says "Load error; no DPMI -Get csdpmi*b.zip." Can you please help me?
DosDoomer
 
Joined: 01 Apr 2020
Location: Earth
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Vanilla Doom .DEH-based mods (Upd. 14/01/19)

Postby wildweasel » Mon May 11, 2020 11:01 am

DosDoomer wrote:I need help. When I run Boom, it says "Load error; no DPMI -Get csdpmi*b.zip." Can you please help me?

You need to go find csdpmi*b.zip.
User avatar
wildweasel
from a different perspective.
Moderator Team Lead
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003

Re: Vanilla Doom .DEH-based mods (Upd. 14/01/19)

Postby Redneckerz » Mon May 11, 2020 12:06 pm

DosDoomer wrote:I need help. When I run Boom, it says "Load error; no DPMI -Get csdpmi*b.zip." Can you please help me?

Most old Doom ports didn't include that file and its rather tedious as to why. Some more info here. That wiki link references the official website from which the latest version can be downloaded.

wildweasel wrote:You need to go find csdpmi*b.zip.

Nevertheless its mildly infuriating how reliant certain old DOS ports are on it but did not include it in their releases. Perhaps it was a licensing issue back then, but atleast it isn't one now.

The title of the thread does call for a list of significant WAD sets that relied on a DeHackEd engine though, but that's for another day.
User avatar
Redneckerz
To it's ports i may have seen
Spotlight Team
 
Joined: 25 Nov 2019
Discord: Redneckerz#8399
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Vanilla Doom .DEH-based mods (Upd. 14/01/19)

Postby TheOldKingCole » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:16 pm

If anyone could tell me what engine Vbrutal was made in (boom, mbf etc) so I could edit how fast the assault rifle fires that would be great, because no matter which I load with it either gives me error messages or when I load it with doomhack it simply doesn't work
TheOldKingCole
 
Joined: 30 Jan 2019

Re: Vanilla Doom .DEH-based mods (Upd. 14/01/19)

Postby Redneckerz » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:43 am

TheOldKingCole wrote:If anyone could tell me what engine Vbrutal was made in (boom, mbf etc) so I could edit how fast the assault rifle fires that would be great, because no matter which I load with it either gives me error messages or when I load it with doomhack it simply doesn't work

VBrutal is just a regular DeHackEd patch, meaning you can run it using DoomHack.

Considering this causes an issue for you, perhaps VULD can help you out. Its a launcher/DeHacked patch merger that will do the steps you are doing now automatically for you. The Wiki link provided also links to the idgames page and provides an extensive explanation how to use the program.*

*I have beta-tested VULD and wrote the explanation found there.
User avatar
Redneckerz
To it's ports i may have seen
Spotlight Team
 
Joined: 25 Nov 2019
Discord: Redneckerz#8399
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DreemurrDeceevurr and 16 guests