Hell Caliber [HC2 Status Update]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
GRUARRR

Re: Hell Caliber

Post by GRUARRR »

Hi!

I tried your mod and I like a lot of things. I like the weapons, I like the new behaviour of the classic enemies, I like that imps teleport in fire and then spawn again, I like that they disapear with fire... Well a lot of things.

The only 2 things I don´t like are:

1) For my taste, the first hit of the blade (the weapons that it is put instead of chainsaw, a blade o sword, you know) is very slow. Is like doomguy needs to charge to hit the first time. If it was faster, some of the enemies I´m sure they would not be able to hit me.

I don´t know if this is intended or you haven´t noticed this, but for my taste is frustating because some enemies hit me because the weapon is making the animation of hitting (but not hits) and after a while it hits. I would make that this weapons would hit first and faster.

2) Pistol with SMG charger (the weapon that it is put instead of the chaingun) it´s innovative (and this is good because brings new things and fresh air to the doom world) but after a while I feel that I have to be paying attention to be burst firing because if I push the button the weapon eats all the ammo.
I think this is intented, but after a while is like I don´t like to be all the time paying attention to this things OR I´m going to be punished with the ammo eating all the ammo.

What do you think about adding something between a pistol and that smg? Something like an assault rifle, you can put it a small magazine to avoid using this weapon over the smg for close combat situations and the assault for medium to long combat.

The mod is great and I´m enjoining it, this are only two things I don´t like at 100%, but I´m having fun with the mod, thank you for sharing it.
theroguemonk
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by theroguemonk »

DOES NOT LET me use other monster mods?
theroguemonk

Post by theroguemonk »

i cant find you on steam with your user nor can i write ot you here ...
i have made a mod of your mod ..

guys where do i post mods of mods... graphical mod
theroguemonk

Post by theroguemonk »

samurai1000 i am asking permission to release a modded version of your mod... its just cosmetic
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

theroguemonk wrote:...
For one, relax and two there is an edit feature, so if you have more to add, instead of spamming multiple comments in a row, just edit your post.
theroguemonk

Post by theroguemonk »

skdursh wrote:
theroguemonk wrote:...
For one, relax and two there is an edit feature, so if you have more to add, instead of spamming multiple comments in a row, just edit your post.
does it not have delete so i can redo everything?
silentw

Post by silentw »

No, forums generally don't have a delete function available to normal users.
As a side note, it's generally seen as invasive to try and ping a mod author somewhere outside the forum about something. That's why these threads exist! Especially for a thread this old, please wait at least a few days before deciding that you've been ignored.
Samarai1000

Post by Samarai1000 »

Sorry for the lack of updates.

If you wanna release an addon for my mod, be it cosmetic or gameplay-related, go right ahead. I've been silent for a while due to fluctuating motivation and most of my modding time being diverted to an odd project that might never see the light of day, but I've kinda burnt myself out on that as well.

The good news is that I'm considering working on a successor to Hell Caliber from scratch, and I'll start posting updates for it in here if I don't give up on it. Thanks for the patience, and thanks for all the kind words about this crappy gameplay mod. <3
theroguemonk

Post by theroguemonk »

DO YOU ops have discord... i could help with spriting ...
theroguemonk

Post by theroguemonk »

This is how you can play with monster mods on this mod :

- add ketchup mod .. it somehow enables other monsters ...
- add after ketchup mod your monster mod
same goes for some other mods
ketchup mod enables unlocks that layer
Samarai1000

Post by Samarai1000 »

Does it count as a necrobump if it's my own thread?

Anyways, work on HC2 (HC 2.0, I guess?) is sort-of underway. I'm starting from scratch because I'm a buffoon. Unfortunately, don't expect a release for a long time, or... ever, really. Motivation is a fickle thing.

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE, I do have one chaingun replacement to show off that'll hopefully show some of the differences between HC1 and 2.

https://streamable.com/8lycq

Here's a list of planned differences/additions for HC2:
Spoiler:
theroguemonk wrote:This is how you can play with monster mods on this mod...
The reason why Marky Mark's bootleg nashgore 'enables' monster mods is because it overwrite's HC's monsters. If you really wanna play HC with other monster mods, just open the decorate.txt file and place two slashes (or just delete) the line that says

Code: Select all

#include "decorate/monsters.dec"
and it should work.
Samarai1000

Post by Samarai1000 »

Look at me! I'm necrobumping my own thread again!

https://youtu.be/1Xj28FArbyU

Here's some actual 'gameplay footage' of HC2 so far, which is technically the first publicly released footage aside from the previous rifle showcase.
(Unless you're in the Secreta Lounge, I post development footage pretty regularly there!)

It's janky, it's clunky, but there's three guns AND a quick-kick now. Things are progressing slowly but steadily!
Samarai1000

Post by Samarai1000 »

https://streamable.com/fg9b1e

Here's another status update for HC2. Lots of boring under the hood stuff, mainly. The video is a bit meandering and I explain most things using in-game chat, so it kinda sucks, but it'll hopefully show how things are progressing! There's things to shoot now, at least.
namsan
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by namsan »

Samarai1000 wrote: Here's another status update for HC2. Lots of boring under the hood stuff, mainly. The video is a bit meandering and I explain most things using in-game chat, so it kinda sucks, but it'll hopefully show how things are progressing! There's things to shoot now, at least.
Looks quite good. It seems you are making semi-realistic gameplay mod and yeah I'm quite hyped.
Samarai1000

Post by Samarai1000 »

namsan wrote:*snip*
I'm extremely happy to hear that there's some excitement for this! Yeah, I wanna lay into some of the pseudo-realistic elements of HC1 that never really got elaborated on much. Just gotta be careful not to accidentally make it into bootleg Hideous Destructor.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”