Nukem Town 1.1b - Duke Nukem in Hell!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ahpiox

Nukem Town 1.1b - Duke Nukem in Hell!

Post by Ahpiox »

========================================================================================
(sorry, hello for bed english languge)
========================================================================================
LINK BELOW WILL PROVIDE A PATH TO DOWNLOAD THIS MOD
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vyYO1 ... HU5a_-su0e
What is this?
Well, this mod ports weapons, pickups, inventory items and objects from Duke Nukem 3D into Doom, but with a bit of Doom itself and some better effects.
The main ideas of this mod is:
1) Port things from DN3D with some improvements, but keep it's original feeling.
2) Be compatible with monster packs.

Changelog
Spoiler:
What's new?
- Shrunken enemies no longer attacks.
- New weapon: Dual MP5 (Can be spawned instead of chaingun)
- Rifle, SPAS-12 and Revolver now have higher chance of appearing
- New cock sound for SPAS-12
- Rebalanced SPAS-12 and Freezethrower's nitrogen attack
- Taunt system tweaks

Gameplay videos (OUTDATED)

Credits
Spoiler:
Last edited by Ahpiox on Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:17 am, edited 21 times in total.
Whoah

Re: Nuke Town 0.1 - "Let's Rock"

Post by Whoah »

Sounds interesting! I'll give it a good ol' download once I see some screenies
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Haven't downloaded the actual game yet, but thanks in advance for mentioning me in the credits. Although i edited the coding for smoke a bit, 90% of it belongs to Zer0/Jekyll Grim Payne, from Beautiful Doom as well. Some shoutouts to him would be nice.

Once i kick some ass and chew bubblegum with this, i'll post some feedback here :)
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Whoah wrote:I'll give it a good ol' download once I see some screenies
While projects really should have screenshots wherever possible, this is primarily a weapons and gameplay mod featuring Duke Nukem weapons. A screenshot would just be a picture of a Doom map with a Duke Nukem weapon in the HUD. It's only 2.4MB. What have you got to lose? ;)

:lol:

[edit]
Biggest downside with this mod IMO, is that it replaces a bunch of stuff with null actors, so certain items (which may be essential for gameplay balance, or have scripts attached to them or whatever) simply don't appear:

Code: Select all

ACTOR iHateChainsaws replaces Chainsaw
{
}

ACTOR iHateSSG replaces SuperShotgun
{
}

ACTOR iHateOPArmor replaces BlueArmor
{
}

ACTOR iHateArmorBonuses replaces ArmorBonus
{
}

ACTOR MegasphereIsForPussies replaces Megasphere
{
}

ACTOR iHateInvulnerabilitySpheres replaces InvulnerabilitySphere
{
}
Other than that, it seems quite good.
[/edit]
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Chainsaw and Supershotgun could be replaced with different weapons from either Shadow Warrior or Duke, Blue Armor can just be another spawner for the armor pickup, armor bonuses could be replaced with the small health bonuses from Duke, and getting rid of Megaspheres and Invulnerability spheres is gonna screw up the scripting of some of my favourite megawads so I hope those Null Actors get replaced with something that won't break a map.

Other than that, fairly decent and smoothly animated, though you'll want to replace the shrink ray with the microwave expander since shrinking enemies is pretty useless without the ability to crush them underfoot.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

You can crush them ( sort of ) but I agree, something else would be better. My main gripe with the shrinker is that it doesn't change where enemy fireballs come from. So if you shrink an imp, the fireball appears about 4 feet above his head.

Even if certain items don't have scripts (etc) attached, loads of maps have traps where certain pickups are behind a line that triggers a door or something. If the item isn't there, a player may have no obvious reason to go to that area and so may fail to trigger something important. The null items really need to be addressed if this mod is to be properly usable with as many maps as possible.
Ahpiox

Post by Ahpiox »

Thanks for the first feedback!
==========================
Enjay
I'm sorry, but i can't do that at this moment. And, yeah, i will replace null actors with something pickupable, like Chainsaw -> Pipebomb.
Gideon020
Oh, i actually had 4-Barrel shotgun from SW, but then i removed it for some reason. Also, thanks for ideas!
GAA1992
Okay mate, i will give shoutouts. Will wait for feedback
Whoah
Okay. Just give me a time.
Last edited by Ahpiox on Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
el armadillo2

Post by el armadillo2 »

Already been done, like, 3 times.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Well, there's always more room for some. It might be a mod already mastered by someone, but think of it as a wish of the creator to come true; giving life to a project and releasing it on the forums. I certainly know how much non-public mixes of Blood and Powerslave i've done in the past, even though i knew it was repetitive.

Also, liked the gameplay and most of my nitpicks already got noticed. Maybe the only one left is the player sounds and Duke quotes. Even some Item pickup quotes randomly appearing would give some life to Duke. :)
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Huh! Kudos for making Shrink Ray mechanics happen, such as making enemies actually shrunk and stomp them like a hay day. Also i dig that weapon bob animation as well.
Ahpiox

Re: Nuke Town 0.2 - "Let's Rock"

Post by Ahpiox »

@GAA1992
Will try to add voice lines. I totally forget about them!

Im planning to release big update at 5-28 December, with new weapons, nicer VFX, mod options, and more.
skyrish10
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7

Post by skyrish10 »

So is this the Zdoom counterpart to 3DGE's Duke it out in Doom mod? Due to the fact that this and Duke it out in Doom are Duke Nukem-based Doom mods.
Ahpiox

Post by Ahpiox »

skyrish10 wrote:So is this the Zdoom counterpart to 3DGE's Duke it out in Doom mod? Due to the fact that this and Duke it out in Doom are Duke Nukem-based Doom mods.
no
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

I think the Freezer would be better served as the Slot 6 weapon instead of pipe bombs.
Twitchy2019

Post by Twitchy2019 »

OK! So, first, a big thank you for someone finally attempting a proper Duke 3d weapons mod into GZDoom since Samsara. Now, time for my obligatory whining/criticism. Y U No use Duke 3d sounds?! I never downloaded your mod yet as of this writing, but from the video, the sounds were all so wrong. Is that something you could fix, as well as put in Duke lines?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”