The Cyberpack! - cybernetic monster randomizer mod

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DoomN00b

The Cyberpack! - cybernetic monster randomizer mod

Post by DoomN00b »

Yes indeed! = ) Enter the doom-noob... This mod came to life after seeing the Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay trailer, which then resparked my interest in cyberpunk and various cyber sci-fi thingies.
I then of course found the awesome Diabolus Ex and Lithium through the great IcarusLives, and had a jolly good time!

However, I noticed only ooone small little problem... not enough cybernetic enemies! : ( Enter DoomKrakken's mod, which collects several such enemies, in the plethora of things in it - however, there was too much other stuff in it, so I started cutting and pasting wildly, to get a more cyber-focused randomization mod - and hence, was born the Cyberpack.

This mod is generally aimed at being played with Lithium and other cyberpunk mods, on levels with such a theme - many of the monsters from Realm667 and other places have been nerfed to make the enemies less painful to face with a non-Op mod, and for the intended target-audience: Doomn00bs like myself.

Tested and supported for GZDoom 3.4.1 (because that's the last version of Lithium).

Features:
------------
Spoiler:

Credits:
-----------
Spoiler:

Screenshots:
----------------
coming soon - too tired.

Video:
--------
coming soon - too tired.

Downloads:
--------------
Version 0.134 alpha state

https://www.dropbox.com/s/how221tdfwylg ... 4.pk3?dl=0
OlegGontar

Re: The Cyberpack! - cybernetic monster randomizer mod

Post by OlegGontar »

This mod is interesting :)
el armadillo2

Post by el armadillo2 »

Some of these aren't even cybernetic, and it's just a Realm667 randomizer anyways.
DoomN00b

Post by DoomN00b »

OlegGontar wrote:This mod is interesting :)
Cheers mate. = ) I'd love to hear some feedback and ideas for the mod! Try it out and let me know what you think, what could be improved and such.
el armadillo2 wrote:Some of these aren't even cybernetic, and it's just a Realm667 randomizer anyways.
Not entirely correct -the monsters have almost all of them been edited or altered in some way, removing hit-scans, changing health, dropping items, et c - there's also multiple monsters included, which do not originate from Realm667.

BUT, you are right... it needs something a little bit more, to truly get to the point where it becomes a mod of at least SOME note.

And I am willing to listen to your ideas! = D Changing the sprites of all non-cybernetics to at least some cyber-augmentation, seems like a goal worth having. (even though it will obviously take a lot of work)

What do you figure a pack such as this needs, to stand out?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”