Bleed Out

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DTDsphere

Bleed Out

Post by DTDsphere »

Bleed Out is a mod that drains your health by 1 point every second. Additionally, your health and armor can go both go up to 999.
Download (1.97 KB)
Mirror

Last edited by DTDsphere on Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Allstin

Re: Bleed Out

Post by Allstin »

This is a great mod! I've played through it for my channel with Doom II, and now working on Scythe. It's definitely a fan favorite.

I got this idea from using the "We All Have to Die" mod from Hexen:
https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/hexen/v-z/wahd

Things were slightly different, like unlimited mana/ammo.

I wondered what would happen if you loaded the mod with Doom... Sure enough, it worked!
It was then re-branded in name to the Bleed Out! Challenge - crediting SSGReaper for the original.

I showed DTDSphere on Discord, and he used this concept, and created the actual Bleed Out mod.

(Using a Hexen mod with Doom had quirks - the megasphere/soulsphere would cap you at 200 if grabbing one, yet medkits would put you above... Which was neat, it lead to strategic health pickup.)

So all in all, I really enjoy this mod. It makes you think, makes you ensure you don't get hit - because even though you have more HP, time is against you, and getting hurt just makes your death faster!

By the way... I would love to see E4M1 of Ultimate Doom done with this, UV-Max... Even WR pace would have to be near 0 damage! And I don't think that would work, either?!
Ahpiox

Post by Ahpiox »

Hmmm. Intersting mod
DTDsphere

Post by DTDsphere »

Allstin did a new video on this mod.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”