"The Western Patch" v2.0 a Monster cowboy Addon for Doom 2

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: "The Western Patch" a Skin cowboy Addon for Doom mods

Postby Midnight_King » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:53 pm

RikohZX wrote:To be honest, Ketchup should probably be compatible but left out of the mod entirely. For something that's mostly aesthetic changes with physical bullets for the zombie foes, the gore being kept/built into it in the way it is adds unnecessary bloat that anyone can make up for by having their own Ketchup ready to use alongside this.

I would suggest swapping out Ketchup for Nash's Blood, after asking permission, of course.
Midnight_King

Postby Grigori » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:21 pm

Agreed. Should be removed or maybe replaced with something like Nashgore. Even though I like BD gore, Ketchup is a dumbed down version of it. It doesn't even have coloured blood, only red.
Grigori

Discord: Agitatio#4183

Postby Zhs2 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:07 pm

It also has SS_START and SS_END markers in it despite being a pk3, a few duplicate lumps thrown in from different mods, and a couple wads at root. It could do with some cleaning up inside, I think.
Zhs2
Power of three.

Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Re: "The Western Patch" v2.0 a Monster cowboy Addon for Doom

Postby Midnight_King » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:34 am

I'm testing 2.0 currently. So far I like it far more than 1.0.

The new enemies are a nice touch, as are the recolors. I think sticking with browns for the recolors is best, as it fits the western feel.

I also see you're still using ketchup. I think with the improvements you've added that thats not really an issue as much. I'd love a more interesting gore system, but I can do with ketchup.

It also appears some of what you fixed were errors with ketchup. Perhaps if you messed around with it more you could build a spaghetti western feel.

I can also report that this is 100% Compatible with Champions, found here viewtopic.php?f=43&t=60456
Last edited by Midnight_King on Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Midnight_King

Postby GeneralDelphox » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:40 am

Gotta agree with all the others. Ketchup and any other kind of gore mod should be an optional thing.
GeneralDelphox

Discord: #8387

Postby john190 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:38 pm

Why is the guncaster no supported?
I dont the moneybags anymore.
john190

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods