Rebel Rumble V.1.8: Honey i forgot to Update

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Rebel Rumble V.1.5: Fine to be Radically Retro

Post by Captain J »

Just updated the Rebel Rumble. And the changes are as follows;

- Phalanx and Big Lardy's health has been decreased a little bit

- Striker's Missile Barrage now has X Pattern

- Not sure yet, but fixed the problems of Resisto getting a Protectoband after taking a hit, and fixed the three-hit glitch as well

- Super Move will give you the longer Invincibility

Again, i'm not sure i have fixed Resisto's problems completely or not. If anyone got the better solution, please contact me through this forum. Thank you and please enjoy the new and abit-stable version!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Minor update, i just fixed some spelling errors on the endtitle. Many thanks to QuakedoomNukem Cz!

(Yeah i had to copy and paste the same text cuz why not)
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

I have been seeing some problems including rather intense one; Picking up the other invincibility powerup while being invincible will deactivate the invincibility. So i abandoned the weak invincibility powerup and replaced it into longer default one instead. This should make the gameplay a lot easier, especially for Revoltte players.

And other changes are;

- Super Vioborg Shot's trail has been adjusted correctly, and the projectile itself now propels way faster.

- Necochet's first person sprite does not disappear anymore when planting the mine.

- Fixed the version date message because i'm a forgetting silly chap.

Now come to think of it, have you guys ever played this mod on multiplayer? Like using the Doomseeker. If you had any inconvenience throughout the gameplay, please let me know.

EDIT: And obviously, that means i have updated the mod. Please check out the Download link at the first page.
Rua Gubs

Post by Rua Gubs »

I tested out Rebel Rumble on a Zandronum server I set up and, well...

CJ, We have a problem.

Edit:It's worth noting that this only happens on a multiplayer server. If you play offline the mod works as intended.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Well... I made my own server, Coop Survival with no settings turned on, played it offline as Revolte-2, with Zandronum 3.1. but i found no certain problems shown in this vid like Weapon Malfunctioning and the Invisible Mines. Please tell me the zandronum version and the settings you turned on at Create Game section.

Also it seems you turned on the Autoaim and turned off the Switch on Pickup. This could get weird otherwise.

EDIT: Ooookay i see what you mean. Shit, i should have expected this...
Rua Gubs

Post by Rua Gubs »

I did a second test with Autoaim off and Switch on Pickup on to see if it would do anyting. Nope, every gun still functions like the Default Rifle. At least the bullets aren't tracking enemies anymore.

Also while I was testing I discovered something bizarre. If you pick up a gun during the steup phase (Prepare to Fight,3,2,1,Etc.) the gun functions like it actually should, but the moment the round starts for real, all the guns break and function like the Default Rifle again.

Edit:I did some more tests and discovered another oddity. If you pick up a gun while swinging your melee weapon, it causes said gun to start functioning normally. It's probably what happend in the setup phase although I don't remember swinging my melee weapon.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Just updated v1.5, AND added Multiplayer version(V1.5m). This version will fix the weapon malfunctioning on multiplayer mode, but beware; you can waste your current weapon if you pick up the another one. Had to delete custominventory weapon items because they were the real problem.

Also, SPAM mines now floats. Please go check out the first post and re-download again!
Rua Gubs

Post by Rua Gubs »

Wow, you work fast.

Well I've played some more test runs in MP and everything seems to be in working order for now. Good Job!

I'll let you know if I encounter any more problems.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

I should've learned to create my own server and test it earlier. But hey, it's all functional now thanks to you. And yeah, please let me know if some problems occurs.
dawnbreez

Post by dawnbreez »

So far, my only critique is that I tend to run out of ammo for weapons *really* fast. Especially since I've been playing slaughtermaps :P
To that end, I had an idea to remove the ammo restriction and have the weapon make a big explosion when it's thrown--so you use the weapon until a new one drops, at which point you throw it, blow up a bunch of enemies, and go look for something else to shoot with your new gun!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Well! I haven't thought about that! :O
willkuer

Post by willkuer »

Haven't had time to play it, but man I dig your Paint-style :D Cheers J!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Much appreciated! I'm so glad people still playing this mod and such, and i wish i could've done better.
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

dawnbreez wrote:So far, my only critique is that I tend to run out of ammo for weapons *really* fast. Especially since I've been playing slaughtermaps :P
To that end, I had an idea to remove the ammo restriction and have the weapon make a big explosion when it's thrown--so you use the weapon until a new one drops, at which point you throw it, blow up a bunch of enemies, and go look for something else to shoot with your new gun!
GZDoom's Infinite Ammo option under "Gameplay Options" works with Rebel Rumble; it actually adds an element of strategy, since you can pick and choose guns based on what useful qualities they have, instead of just using whatever's on hand until it runs out. Trouble is, it affects the Striker too...

Random Cohort: "What is he doing? He's just madly charging through our ranks, giggling like a madman and hammering the button on that remote control- OH DEAR GOD TAKE COVER!!!"

Speaking of weapons...I don't quite understand what the Wack 'O' Matic is doing when it fires. It appears to spray some kind of green snot...that turns into a wave of cartoon bombs, complete with lit fuses?

On another note, I really love the enemy design of this mod. Would you consider releasing a monsters-only version of Rebel Rumble?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Tesculpture wrote:GZDoom's Infinite Ammo option under "Gameplay Options" works with Rebel Rumble; it actually adds an element of strategy, since you can pick and choose guns based on what useful qualities they have, instead of just using whatever's on hand until it runs out. Trouble is, it affects the Striker too...
Sadly this mod is not intended to play with such cheats. I see that people are having ammo problem including me, so i'm about to add some kind of item that fills ammo.
Speaking of weapons...I don't quite understand what the Wack 'O' Matic is doing when it fires. It appears to spray some kind of green snot...that turns into a wave of cartoon bombs, complete with lit fuses?
Wack 'O' Magic's overall design and behavior is based on Grenade Weapon from Smash TV. Just like in the original game, it spews tons of little bomb that does fine damage. Trust me, it's true!

Also the sound effects are based on Classic Pac-Man.
On another note, I really love the enemy design of this mod. Would you consider releasing a monsters-only version of Rebel Rumble?
Hmm, maybe? :P

Return to “Gameplay Mods”