Rebel Rumble V.1.8: Honey i forgot to Update

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Rebel Rumble V.1.8: Honey i forgot to Update

Post by Captain J »

"This is everything the original Action Doom should have been." - Stephen "Scuba Steve" Browning

Howdy!! After rather long 4 Months, i finally made this mod with the help of friends and supporters. This mod is all about some arcade Shmups like Total Carnage, Smash TV and Raiden Series. Although it's not so great or has less effort than my previous mod, Netronian Chaos, i hope you enjoy any feature of this mod has.

And The Features are:
- Collect and scud your way through with over 13 interesting and hilarious Weapons!
- Use your belongings, like S.P.A.M mine and other powerups to save your one-hit day!
- Gain your Power Points, launch the Bomb and watch the wonderful view-
- The enemies have shmup-based attack patterns to roll you over, but worry not! You just can swing your weapons to reflect their shots!
- Adventurers beware, Easter Eggs are hiding in this mod!
- Save the unfortunately lost couples and get some reward!
- Nice and dandy music replacements from the Inspired game; Total Carnage itself, and more!

Spoiler: The Story So far...
Spoiler: Characters
Spoiler: Screenshots (Played with Sunlist!)
Spoiler: Credit
Sum Tips:
- Homing Missiles, Mines and Explosive Barrels are easily destroyed by S.P.A.M Mines. Plus, it can reflect some projectiles upon the explosion.

- Slot 1 Weapon key and Previous Weapon Hotkeys will make the character throw their firearm, literally. Use these buttons if necessary!

- You basically can survive from being drown, stepping on lava or any other kind of hurtfloor hazards. But the crushers will still harm you.

- Save some Presents or powerups when it gets harder. They could save your life rather than just giving some points!

- Tired of dodging barrage of bullets? You can crouch and dodge them bullets as long as some maps accepts you to crouch.

- If you're interested in multiplayer(yes it runs on Zandronum), you may run this mod along with the additional mutator; RRMutator_Paletted_Lovers.pk3. It recolors all playable characters green, making the possibility to recolor your character and such!

- Resisto and Revoltte dies very easily. So often Auto-saving or Multiplayer is highly recommended!

- Custom mods with Hitscan enemies will ruin your gameplay. I recommend to avoid such mods, i'm afraid!

- Turning on Center Messages at Message Options might help you to read messages better.

Addon Amore:
- If anyone's interested with precise player's movement because you apparently don't like the Platformers on Vanilla Doom, Try run this mod with Nash's Less Slippery Doom Movement!

- m8f and i have made a mini-mod called Target Spy compatible with Rebel Rumble! It'll target and analyze the monsters and the others when targeted. However it doesn't run on Zandronum. So be warned!

- Thanks to QuakedoomNukem Cz, now Rebel Rumble has its own music pack to listen and enjoy in a row! Obviously included Total Carnage, Smash TV and even Raiden soundtrack.

DOWNLOAD IT AT ITCH.IO LADIES N GENTS

THE MONSTER-ONLY ADDON IS NOW AVAILABLE!(kudos to JuliusKoolius)

Feedback are always welcome, although i would think for a while! Thanks and have a good gameplay!

--------------------------
Old Versions:
Rebel Rumble V.1
Rebel Rumble V.1.5
Rebel Rumble V.1.5 Multiplayer Version
Rebel Rumble V.1.6
Rebel Rumble V.1.6 Multiplayer Version
Rebel Rumble V.1.7

Well... Due to limitation of my coding, i had to change some codes to work well with the multiplayer. This version does not prevent forced weapon pickup, but i hope you understand. Thankfully already fixed that!

So have fun, alone or not, just enjoy the firepower of L - O - V - E - !
Last edited by Captain J on Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:05 am, edited 47 times in total.
Skelegant
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Rebel Rumble V.1: Fine to be Radically Retro

Post by Skelegant »

HELL YES
This looks amazing, I'll report back after playing it with a few mapsets :D
Ahpiox

Post by Ahpiox »

Looks legitly good
Skelegant
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Skelegant »

It works a treat with Memento Mori 1 and 2 and Requiem, but you need to apply some sneaky tactics to kill john romero (grab a jetpack and fly into the icon's brainhole)
Something to remember when playing as Revoltte-2 is to not pick up all her presents at once, especially when dealing with large quantities of enemies :D
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Some explosive attack might defeat Romero. Afterburner kinda helps and are effective. And i appreciate both of you for playing my humble mod!! The tips i wrote at the 1st post might make the gameplay a lot easier. Since this mod is again, based on shmup arcade games that shows no mercy when you mistake just once. Some kind of rule i cannot change here!
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

Load this mod with TNT.WAD, play as Revoltte-2 at skill 4, bad idea, I should lower the difficulty. :3:
Give up at level 2 by keep getting hit.....

It plays well, but seems I suck at this kind of gameplay mods for some reasons(PCs can only take 1 or 2 hits just hard to me) but I still like this mod(but not as like as NC) and this definitely your mod with your unique style, good job. :)
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Eventually you'll have to choose an easiest difficulty if it's still hard for you. And there are plenty ways to dodge the enemy fire; use SPAM mine, crouch or reflect them all when melee point is 20 full. And save some Presents or useful powerups. Cuz you'll need it... But yeah, i see that some map packs doesn't go well with this mod.

Nonetheless, thank you so much for playing!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Oow, just found the glitch that Butaneer tries to burn off the wall when the player is behind it and are very closer to him. Also SPAM mines can get crushed. So i updated the mod little bit. Download the mod again, please!

EDIT: Forgot to add Butaneer a MONSTER flag... Sigh. It's also fixed too.
mentha

Post by mentha »

i found a mild oversight: if you don't have weapons set to switch automatically you must use the mouse wheel to select the weapon bonus you picked up.

enjoying the feel of it!
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

*slams fist into desk*
TOTAL CARNAAAAAAAAAGE

(gotta download it now)
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

IIIIIIII LOVE IT!! :D
mentha wrote:i found a mild oversight: if you don't have weapons set to switch automatically you must use the mouse wheel to select the weapon bonus you picked up.

enjoying the feel of it!
Oh, that's new. Thank you for pointing that out. Sadly i have no idea how do i make weapons automatically selected when picked up. I guess i should add this to the Tip list.
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

great mod really feels like metal slug(in which i cant complete 1 level)
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Thank you for playing, and please do look for the tips at the 1st post. It'll help you to beat the level.
Gorec

Post by Gorec »

Captain J wrote:Thank you for playing, and please do look for the tips at the 1st post. It'll help you to beat the level.
no i meant in the metal slug itself :D
also i noticed 2 bugs so far
1.when u die with other weapon u will play the animation of dropping it
2.guard boiiii can be autoaimed
u can cancel super weapon by dropping anything except ur starting gun
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

May I suggest adding Tag properties to enemies? So health bar mods like JP HUD mod-friendly or Target Spy could show proper enemy names?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”