Samsara: Extra Heroes (Version C2) + ExMixer (0.81)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Assassin of Purity
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [WIP] Samsara: Extra Heroes + ExMixer

Post by Assassin of Purity »

S_Andrew_S wrote:
blackfish wrote:Current version of Zandronum finally supports the code I used to make my Shrinker/Expander and Holoduke additions to Samsara. Not guaranteed to work in Multiplayer though.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/479b5dzhj90l1 ... t.pk3?dl=0

Feel free to use this code in your own mod. Just give me a credit maybe.
You know, I've been thinking about it, and I have been interested in adding the shrinker and expander in the past before. I can add them, but someone else neither me or Jesh are interested in making shrunk variants of all the enemies, someone else will have to do that if they really want it.

It makes me laugh to see questions asked like whether or not other RoTT characters will be added because I already have something in my builds that's far better than that.
I was only wondering if you'll add them, that's all.
PixelWAD

Post by PixelWAD »

I believe the shrunk variant can be easily done as extra line in the script? Just resize the current sprite?
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

PixelWAD wrote:I believe the shrunk variant can be easily done as extra line in the script? Just resize the current sprite?
This wouldn't cover them not attacking while shrunk, or being able to be stepped on.
PlayerLin
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

Kinsie wrote:The only difference between the ROTT characters mechanically is health and movement speed. There isn't much of a point unless you love bloat.
Well,in original game, the viewpoint also different between characters(higher characters with higher viewpoint), but it's still minor thing too(not sure if it affects character's hitbox or something in original), but I agree there is no point has all of them(unless someone want to make a mod for adding remaining RotT characters).
Ryuhi

Post by Ryuhi »

PlayerLin wrote:
Kinsie wrote:The only difference between the ROTT characters mechanically is health and movement speed. There isn't much of a point unless you love bloat.
Well,in original game, the viewpoint also different between characters(higher characters with higher viewpoint), but it's still minor thing too(not sure if it affects character's hitbox or something in original), but I agree there is no point has all of them(unless someone want to make a mod for adding remaining RotT characters).
An interesting compromise would be to have a CVAR that toggles presets that match each character's specs, aka activates a script that changes viewheight/movement speed/etc when paired with the RotT class.

I always liked the toggles for things like duketalk and Security Officer gravity, so it would be neat if that could be applied to making the team into an adjustable class.
PixelWAD

Post by PixelWAD »

I remember dev mentioned that he played this on Android. It's there any publicly available version to use with gzdoom?
Shiny Metagross

Post by Shiny Metagross »

This is the thing I've been talking about that's better than adding the other RoTT characters. To me, the concept of that was just pointless, but honestly that discussion kinda made me laugh. Thing is, I had this particular thing up and running for about 3 years, but it's only been recognized by my associates within the last year, because back then I didn't have quite as much influence. Now before I start getting attacked, this IS an ally system, and ally system based off of the marines SgtMarkIV, I personally do not knock off his mod because he has made some really cool things, such as that system, and we've given credit for what's been used. So which enemies get these interesting allies?
  • Ian Paul Freeley
  • Eleena
  • Parias
  • Mooman
  • Leonard
Thing is, I'm not 100% sure how the player will get their hands on this unique pickup item. Let me know what you all think. I personally thought about giving the player the item after a set amount of kills, but quite frankly there's not really an easy way to determine that without A) Making each and every single enemy give just another kill count item or B) Taking away that set amount of kill counter items, which would be pointless and stupid. C) Creating a flawless script which will not allow the player's to fabricate these items off of rare instances, I've tried it and it's tricky, I tell you!
Spoiler: Ally Pictures
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Oooh really superb and unique HUD for the other heroes. They are all interesting!... But one thing, are you going to add other HUD faces for other heroes as well?
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

I was thinking you could get the ally pickup alongside the backpack powerup. Or alongside the computer map area powerup
Douk Nouk Kem

Post by Douk Nouk Kem »

The RoTT HUD is 100% hot.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

S_Andrew_S wrote:Thing is, I'm not 100% sure how the player will get their hands on this unique pickup item. Let me know what you all think.
I'd probably go the route Term took with High Noon Drifter and have several options for having them replace other less-common/liked pickups like Invisibility, or to have them replace the pre-existing Allies inventory items in Hexen and Strife.

An option to "cash-in" kill credits for special items might be cool, though... Might be beyond the scope of Samsara gameplay, though.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Script error, "samsara_ex-hb3.pk3:decorate/lowang/slot7.dec" line 1211:
Unexpected ';' in definition of 'MagicCircleFlameBall_1C'

This showed up when I tried to run with Samsara 3.666 on GZDoom latest devbuild
Last edited by Gideon020 on Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shiny Metagross

Gideon020 wrote:Script error, "samsara_ex-hb3.pk3:decorate/lowang/slot7.dec" line 1211:
Unexpected ';' in definition of 'MagicCircleFlameBall_1C'

This showed up when I tried to run with Samsara 3.666 on GZDoom
Can't run it through GZDoom yet. If you want to play the current builds, you must use samsara 0.31 and Zandronum.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Huh. The front page is somewhat misleading then.
Shiny Metagross

Gideon020 wrote:Huh. The front page is somewhat misleading then.
I did say I was only linking the files if you wanted to try them over on Zandronum. The reason the topic is work in progress is not only because the GZDoom version isn't ready, but it's also because the next update is intended to be the definitive version.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”