Use To Pickup

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Thfpjct
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Use To Pickup

Post by Thfpjct »

man i would love to put this on my mod, but i kind of hesitant because some items from my mod are not the same name as the ones from doom.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

@Thfpjct
Use the "Tag" property to define the name displayed when hovering over it.
Ferretmanjcdenton
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Ferretmanjcdenton »

Hi ..can someone tell me how to use this ?
Ferretmanjcdenton
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Ferretmanjcdenton »

Nevermind....got it
oscarincage

Post by oscarincage »

The idea is excellent, but it's a pity that you can't specify which items Doomguy picks up automatically and which ones have to be picked up by activation. Currently all small health items, armor bonuses, etc. have to be activated.
Ghost Prototype

Post by Ghost Prototype »

oscarincage wrote:The idea is excellent, but it's a pity that you can't specify which items Doomguy picks up automatically and which ones have to be picked up by activation. Currently all small health items, armor bonuses, etc. have to be activated.
They can. In the UseToPickup.ini you have to define them by their class name and add AlwaysTouchPickup=yes
oscarincage

Post by oscarincage »

Ghost Prototype wrote:
oscarincage wrote:The idea is excellent, but it's a pity that you can't specify which items Doomguy picks up automatically and which ones have to be picked up by activation. Currently all small health items, armor bonuses, etc. have to be activated.
They can. In the UseToPickup.ini you have to define them by their class name and add AlwaysTouchPickup=yes
Oh, I didn't know that. Then I didn't say a word. :)
DitheredOutput

Post by DitheredOutput »

Hi, Fantastic mod.

How feasible would it be to specify other, non inventory, classes to be eligible for highlighting?
EmerphiS

Post by EmerphiS »

An amazing mod and it finally gave me an answer to my search for something that prevents me from taking certain weapons and items.

but with that came another problem, although I can finally play Doom with just shotgun and fists, it's a bit inconvenient having to manually pick up ammo or health in desperate situations.

I'm horrible at editing lines of code and I don't understand explanations well so I ask.
Does anyone have any add-on files that keep the manual settings for weapons and such, and automatically pick up ammo and health?
Or if it is possible that in a future update this will be added to the menu.
Something like "enable/disable armor/ammo/health/weapon/buff items."

Thanks.
Dan_The_Noob
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Dan_The_Noob »

somebody needs to shove this into doom Roguelike Arsenal so i can stop picking up and dropping armor/boots/mods constantly to get the one i want.
ileblanc
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by ileblanc »

It's there a way to set which items I want to auto pick up and which I need to press use to pick up?
cosmos10040
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by cosmos10040 »

Would be great if this was customizable, to choose to automatically pickup weapons or just almost, health, etc. It's difficult using this on delta touch since you need to be a certain distance ( another thing to customize).
thugsta

Post by thugsta »

DoomwithaView wrote:Hi, Fantastic mod.

How feasible would it be to specify other, non inventory, classes to be eligible for highlighting?
EmerphiS wrote: although I can finally play Doom with just shotgun and fists, it's a bit inconvenient having to manually pick up ammo or health in desperate situations.

I'm horrible at editing lines of code and I don't understand explanations well so I ask.
Does anyone have any add-on files that keep the manual settings for weapons and such, and automatically pick up ammo and health?
Or if it is possible that in a future update this will be added to the menu.
Something like "enable/disable armor/ammo/health/weapon/buff items."
ileblanc wrote: It's there a way to set which items I want to auto pick up and which I need to press use to pick up?
cosmos10040 wrote:Would be great if this was customizable, to choose to automatically pickup weapons or just almost, health, etc. It's difficult using this on delta touch since you need to be a certain distance ( another thing to customize).
You can, there is a tiny bit of editing to do so but if you know how to write in a text file it's simple enough and as was said by "oscarincage" "In the UseToPickup.ini you have to define them by their class name and add AlwaysTouchPickup=yes" or no if you don't want that item to be Auto picked up, just right click the pk3 (or change the pk3 to zip temporarily) and open it with your extracting tool and you can find the UseToPickup.ini file.
Dan_The_Noob wrote:somebody needs to shove this into doom Roguelike Arsenal so i can stop picking up and dropping armor/boots/mods constantly to get the one i want.
Nothing is stopping from using it, just add the items via the ini as stated above and your done. If you want to then share it for other then please attach it here would be great for the community :wink:
Skittle

Post by Skittle »

it's has slow range, i can't even pick up an item from 0.5 meters range and the pickup delay was slow
RevanGarcia
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by RevanGarcia »

Dan_The_Noob wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:51 pm Somebody needs to shove this into doom Roguelike Arsenal so I can stop picking up and dropping armor/boots/mods constantly to get the one I want.
It's already compatible with Roguelike Arsenal.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”