Codename Veneza: A Sky Driver Mod - v2.7.1 / v1.6

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Vordenko
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Codename Veneza: A Sky Driver Mod - v2.6 / v1.6

Post by Vordenko »

Thanks for the feedback. However, I have no intentions of replacing the weapon sprites for the moment.

Anyway, Updates 2.6 and 1.6 are now out!

Changelogs:

Veneza:
----
> Fixed certain weapons would not deselect when there was no ammo left
> Fixed Deselecting shotgun mid-reload would not clear the ShotgunReloading inventory item.
> Modified HUD
+ Improved Fists
+ Changed Doors, Lifts, Switches sounds
+ Added +NOAUTOFIRE Flag to weapons
+ Added Select sounds to weapons
+ Added First Aid Kit
+ Added Ritual Knife
+ Added Pentacle of Projection
+ Added Power Stimpack
+ Added and changed some sounds
+ Added Aiming Down Sights to the PDW and Assault Rifle
+ Added Weapon.KickBack properties
+ Boosted volume for a few more sounds
+ Few Minor Tweaks
- Removed Medikits (Replaced with First Aids)
- Removed MinSelectionAmmo properties

Ven Addon:
----
^ Updated Chaingun Major
> Fixed Plasma SMGs would not deselect when no ammo was left
+ Added Weapon.KickBack properties
+ Added +NOAUTOFIRE flag to weapons
+ Added Select sounds to weapons
- Removed MinSelectionAmmo properties.

Links now in OP.
Vordenko

Re: Codename Veneza: A Sky Driver Mod - v2.7 / v1.6

Post by Vordenko »

Version 2.7 of Veneza is now out! Featuring some polishing and balance fixes

Changelog:

----
> Fixed rough scope edges on G36 Aiming Down Sights
> Ritual Knife now goes away after 5 uses
> Improved G36 Aiming Down Sights animation
> Modified Cacodemon's babycaco spawn
+ Pentacle of Projection can now blast off projectiles
- Decreased the damage penalty of the Ritual Knife

Links in OP.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

One thing I have noticed is that the firing animations for the PDW and Assault Rifle occasionally have moments where the firing frames...'stick' is the best word I can give, where you have seperate gunfire sounds, but the animation is locked on a single firing frame.

Not sure if it's a small bug or just my laptop.
Vordenko

Post by Vordenko »

It's probably due to the way the firing animations are coded in. I will look into it, and if I can confirm it too, I will fix it. Thanks for letting me know.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

Don't know if this was mentioned before, but the bottom of the PDW reloading frames is cut-off.
Vordenko

Re: Codename Veneza: A Sky Driver Mod - v2.7.1 / v1.6

Post by Vordenko »

Thanks, I fixed it.
Update 2.7.1 for Veneza is now out!

Changelog:
----
^ Updated README
> Fixed bottom of the first frames of the PDW reloading animation were cut off
> Redid the muzzle flashes for the PDW's and Assault Rifle's Aiming Down Sights modes
> Redid firing code for PDW and Assault Rifle
> Few minor fixes

Links in OP
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Looks like that fixed it. :D
ScooT9

Post by ScooT9 »

Can you make a weapons-only version of this mod?
ate0ate

Post by ate0ate »

This is quite an enjoyable randomizer. It feels particular great when paired with Back to Saturn x in my opinion. There is one really annoying thing though, the grenades. The throw really needs to be adjusted. It feels like they just kinda shoot out weakly in front of you and are terrible when trying to arc them up at monsters perched on a ledge. Needs more arc and more oomph as I can barely use them for much as they are. That's the only complaint I have though, everything else feels very solid. Thank you for your work here.
Thedarkcube

Post by Thedarkcube »

You mod is very cool but I think you should add personalized light definitions. Would be a pretty nice touch
Mackery

Post by Mackery »

Could you make an addon that adds the Mugshot separately? I really enjoyed it's design while playing with your mod.
Vordenko

Post by Vordenko »

Thanks for all the posts. Sorry I haven't gotten back to any, I've been rather busy ever since I got my got my gaming PC back in action; I'll get to them now.
ScooT9 wrote:Can you make a weapons-only version of this mod?
I mean, it does not sound like a bad idea, but the weapons are balanced around the monsters that come with the mod, in other words; A bit too much work. Possible though, so I'm not denying it's chances.
ate0ate wrote:This is quite an enjoyable randomizer. It feels particular great when paired with Back to Saturn x in my opinion. There is one really annoying thing though, the grenades. The throw really needs to be adjusted. It feels like they just kinda shoot out weakly in front of you and are terrible when trying to arc them up at monsters perched on a ledge. Needs more arc and more oomph as I can barely use them for much as they are. That's the only complaint I have though, everything else feels very solid. Thank you for your work here.
I agree, the grenades need a buff. Normally, this mod would have significant screen shaking for intense effects, but I chose to disable those as much as I could so people that are prone to easily get headaches can play this mod. I Might release an addon for those effects tho, which brings me to the next quote
Thedarkcube wrote:You mod is very cool but I think you should add personalized light definitions. Would be a pretty nice touch
This is a feature I plan to work on for the base mod and VenAddon. Now that I have a proper PC again, I can finally add OpenGL lightning and other neat effects to make the mod feel more fleshed out and complete.
Mackery wrote:Could you make an addon that adds the Mugshot separately? I really enjoyed it's design while playing with your mod.
That's easy to do by yourself honestly. Just open the mod, grab the mugshots (STF sprites), put them in a new .wad, and load it as a skin (autoload).

Overall, thanks for all the support. I'm not sure when I will get back to work on this mod, but I haven't abandoned it. One new bug I noticed is that some sounds are muffled in the newest GZdoom releases, and it's come to my attention it could be the frequency of some of those sounds. I'll try to see if I can find a fix. In the meantime, if you experience this bug, try an older GZdoom before the OpenAL integration or Zandronum, since it uses Fmod.
Mackery

Post by Mackery »

Mackery wrote:Could you make an addon that adds the Mugshot separately? I really enjoyed it's design while playing with your mod.
That's easy to do by yourself honestly. Just open the mod, grab the mugshots (STF sprites), put them in a new .wad, and load it as a skin (autoload).

Overall, thanks for all the support. I'm not sure when I will get back to work on this mod, but I haven't abandoned it. One new bug I noticed is that some sounds are muffled in the newest GZdoom releases, and it's come to my attention it could be the frequency of some of those sounds. I'll try to see if I can find a fix. In the meantime, if you experience this bug, try an older GZdoom before the OpenAL integration or Zandronum, since it uses Fmod.[/quote]

Okay, would I need to use Slade to open into your mod's files for the mugshot?
thedeathrunner123
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Pro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by thedeathrunner123 »

Can this be used with things like ketchup, droplets, or Nash's gore mod?
ate0ate

Post by ate0ate »

thedeathrunner123 wrote:Can this be used with things like ketchup, droplets, or Nash's gore mod?
Works just fine with droplets when I played last. I imagine the other gore mods would work as well.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”