Slayer's Rampage — v1.9c

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
IronPumper

Re: Slayer's Rampage — v1.3

Post by IronPumper »

Awesome mod!

Little petition,could you add some options to make things like bullet castings and bullet tracers dissapear.For some reason i keep getting lag because of this on various slaugther maps
Endie
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Endie »

I can try that!

Though, i made bullet casings, shells and etc disappear after a while on the ground already.

You can also bind a key to clear the gore from dead enemies (blood pools, decals, footprints, etc) in "Mod Options > Gore options", that might help a lot with performance aswell. I hope it helps :)
retronutcase

Post by retronutcase »

Love this mod, though I have run into two issues:

#1-Finishing a level with Rage makes it impossible to use the rage power again, as the meter will no longer fill.

#2-When using the fullscreen hud (max zoom/screensize), getting a Radiation Shield removes the ammo display.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Very Exciting and Hectic Gameplay! Weapons are fairely powerful, satisfying to use. The enemies are more intimidating as well. Also am i actually hearing Half-Life 1 sound effects? How about that! Even though they're very outdated and all, i just love the distinctive style of them. A very wise choice, my friend.
Spoiler: And mind if i share some feedback?
Also one of the feature i like about this mod is that the motion blur. I honestly never seen motion blur on doom before. So kudos!
Endie

Post by Endie »

hey! Glad you liked it, and the feedback is really appreciated! these hints will definitely help me to improve the mod.

Then again, thanks for giving it a try and thanks for the kind feedback!
TheNightATK300

Post by TheNightATK300 »

Rage automatically depletes rapidly upon using Rage and entering the next level with it active, making it unusable in further levels.
TaporGaming
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by TaporGaming »

Invite Expired
Endie

Post by Endie »

Woops. Sorry about that, it's fixed now. you can use the link from the 1st page, or simply click here
Endie

Re: Slayer's Rampage — v1.5

Post by Endie »

Updated! the link in the 1st page should be working!

"Wait, 1.5? where's 1.4? did i miss it or what?" - the 1.4 build of Slayer's Rampage was avaliable on my Discord server - sometimes when a update is too small to post in here, i only provide the test build from there. the Discord link should be working too, so if you want to help me with bug testing, beta feedback and get "secret" builds, join my Discord :)
Spoiler: changelog
ricenberg

Re: Slayer's Rampage — v1.5

Post by ricenberg »

Hello!

First off, I have to say that I love your mod, particularly its animations and it has basically killed Brutal Doom for me. However, I was wondering if it was possible somehow to play it with the default doom difficulties or with difficulties from another gameplay mod? I would like to play through the game with tougher (but not faster) enemies, and if you could point me in the right direction regarding what files to edit or any other modifications, I would be very grateful. :wub:

- random bald man
Endie

Re: Slayer's Rampage — v1.6

Post by Endie »

Updated, the download link in the first page should be working!
Spoiler: changelog
Last edited by Endie on Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UnbornDecay25

Post by UnbornDecay25 »

Okay, when I saw this mod initially I thought nothing of it. I thought it would be a standard weapons swap with a few gameplay gimicks

HOO BOY, I was wrong. This mod is fucking awesome!!

It made going through Doom 1 and 2 nonstop a joyride, and while I do have my gripes and questions, overall this mod is fantastic. And what is that kickass Mission Complete theme?! This mod just kept bringing hit after hit, every combat expierence was so fun and unique. This is easily one of my favorite mods, for any game, of all time.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

Just want to say this is currently my FAVORITE gzdoom mod! I love this!

I only wish there was more... gosh i feel bad to say it... brutal doom type gore. Meh, i left my fart cloud.

But yeah, i love this mod. it's pretty well perfect.

My other gripe is the scarcity of magnum ammo, and the abundance of shotgun grenades. I literally can spam them all day and never run out of ammo. 200 grenades is a lot! honestly, i think even 50 grenades would be a lot to try to use... and they'd have to spawn one unit at a time or something. i mean they really are that overabundant and OP. And the magnum is far less viable than the sniper rifle using the same ammo - i'd expect it to pierce at least to justify using it.
RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

Love this. Wishing the pistol was automatic like OG Pistol but balanced on the rate of fire. Tapping to fire isnt my thing on both touch and mouse settings. So far, one of my favorite GP mods for GZDoom!
Endie

Re: Slayer's Rampage — v1.7

Post by Endie »

Updated" the download link in the 1st page should be working!
Spoiler: Changelog
Crudux Cruo wrote:Just want to say this is currently my FAVORITE gzdoom mod! I love this!

I only wish there was more... gosh i feel bad to say it... brutal doom type gore. Meh, i left my fart cloud.
i'm glad you liked it! well, i have nothing against Brutal Doom gore anyways, you can use Bolognese over Slayer's Rampage, i can't promise 100% compatibility, but it should work :}
Crudux Cruo wrote:My other gripe is the scarcity of magnum ammo, and the abundance of shotgun grenades. I literally can spam them all day and never run out of ammo. 200 grenades is a lot! honestly, i think even 50 grenades would be a lot to try to use... and they'd have to spawn one unit at a time or something. i mean they really are that overabundant and OP. And the magnum is far less viable than the sniper rifle using the same ammo - i'd expect it to pierce at least to justify using it.
About that, i balanced the pickups in v1.7. You can still get 200 grenades, but it should at least take a while longer. Same for the Magnum revolver, which now is actually worth using. Hope you enjoy
RUNSABER wrote:Love this. Wishing the pistol was automatic like OG Pistol but balanced on the rate of fire. Tapping to fire isnt my thing on both touch and mouse settings. So far, one of my favorite GP mods for GZDoom!
Glad you liked it! so, middle ground in this update, there's now a 3-round burst fire, it's quite useful and doesn't make the pistol a worthless weapon :)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”