Slayer's Rampage — v1.9c

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Endie
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Slayer's Rampage — v1.0!

Post by Endie »

Root folder

"/DECORATE.Player"

Though a ZMovement patch was already made, check the discord link in the 1st page, once you're in, check the "#addons" channel :)
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

Endie wrote:Root folder

"/DECORATE.Player"

Though a ZMovement patch was already made, check the discord link in the 1st page, once you're in, check the "#addons" channel :)
Thank you very much. also I want to mention that the super shotgun hasn't been spawnning for me and when I summon it I get a vanilla chaingun sprite
jablon1000

Post by jablon1000 »

Bug report to last moddb version:
1. "Color-blood" enemies (cacos, barons etc) dont have hit effect, there is no blood spatter when you hit them. Did you forgot something? Im pretty sure it worked in previous version.
2. Sniper rifle bullets go through enemies and goes boom when hit wall/floor/ceiling. Intended?
3. You cannot collect "rage pellet" when you have full, thats ok but when you use rage ability then you can collect them, and they do nothing im pretty sure. Maybe it should give you some damage bonus when using this ability?

New version feel much better imo, and damn its fun.
Endie

Post by Endie »

jablon1000 wrote:Bug report to last moddb version:
1. "Color-blood" enemies (cacos, barons etc) dont have hit effect, there is no blood spatter when you hit them. Did you forgot something? Im pretty sure it worked in previous version.
i... i don't think i understand what you mean
jablon1000 wrote: 2. Sniper rifle bullets go through enemies and goes boom when hit wall/floor/ceiling. Intended?
Yes, intentional. otherwise it would kill the player when shooting at close range or point blank target
jablon1000 wrote: 3. You cannot collect "rage pellet" when you have full, thats ok but when you use rage ability then you can collect them, and they do nothing im pretty sure. Maybe it should give you some damage bonus when using this ability?
Well the rage mode already has a x4 damage multiplier, so thet would be kinda redundant
jablon1000 wrote: New version feel much better imo, and damn its fun.
Still, i'm glad you liked it :)
jablon1000

Post by jablon1000 »

1. I mean effect like that https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/doo ... 0712033730 Red blood enemies have that kind off effect, but enemies like cacos and barons dont have it at all.
3. So maybe other kind of bonus? Or simply player cannot pickup "rage pellets" when using this ability.
Endie

Re: Slayer's Rampage — v1.2

Post by Endie »

Updated!
Spoiler:
The download button in the first page should be working!
bingojohnson

Post by bingojohnson »

I liked the new enemies behaviour. While it was fun fighting frantic shufflig sargeants, I died to them too often. The only thing i did was to restore the old weapon sprites. The motion blurred animations are really nice and I miss them.
Clifford21

Post by Clifford21 »

.........!!!
This is it! The ultimate modern Doom 1 / 2 experience that I was dreaming for:

- fast and fluid movement with modern tricks like dash, double jump and ledge climb
- quality of life features like flashlight, cool-down grenade, etc.
- fixed soul (no... rage points) collection with rage unleashing at will (in a particular game, dodging soul and enemies' attack at the same time rather than collecting soul for the sake of unleashing rage at the right moment was so "funny" )
- sticks to the vanilla "run-and-shoot" experience: No reloading, no recoil, no headshot, no glory kill (seriously, I prefer tearing the demon apart by myself in rage / berserk mode rather than pressing a key on a demon under stasis, and then watch the execute animation plays by itself for several seconds)
- enhanced doom weapon arsenal with useful alt-fire, rather than adding ironsight to every weapon's alt-fire
- enemy replacement staying truth to vanilla Doom with reasonable enhancement (e.g. roll-dodge of marine soldiers), NO non-sense like turning every demon into a machine gun of firing rapid homing projectiles or spamming 360 degree wide arc projectiles every 1-2s, making the game become a bullet-hell SHUMP, or granting every enemy an auto-sniper and/or other 1HKO move if that attack hits player's head, turning the game into a "Hotline Miami" experience (gets hit once = death)
- stylish and easy-to-read hud

I was planning to play-test this mod for around 15 minutes, but ended up playing it more than an hour because of how addictive the fast-pacing gameplay is.
Endie

Post by Endie »

@Clifford21 Thanks foe your kind words! I'm glad that my mod managed to fit some standards :wub:

by the way, here's a new update! the link in the 1st page will be updated now
Endie

Re: Slayer's Rampage — v1.3

Post by Endie »

Updated!

Changelog
Spoiler:
Agitatio
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Agitatio »

Energy Cannon firing sprites seem to be positioned 1 pixel above the bottom part of the screen. Can see the gap there when firing.
Also couldn't help but notice how noisy footsteps are. Are they like that to simulate all the gear making that noise? Maybe tone the volume down a bit?
Endie

Post by Endie »

yeah, thanks for reminding me about those offsets, i will re-make the animation from scratch. as for the footsteps, i can't do it right now since i don't have a headset yet. i will take care of that as soon as possible.

then again, thanks for your feedback!
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

Man, this awesome! This ranks right up there with Faspons, Weapons of Saturn, and WW's doomnukem mashup!
Agitatio
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Agitatio »

Endie wrote:then again, thanks for your feedback!
Least I can do. I have a bit more though.

Rage indicator could be decreased in size a bit. Takes too much space in my opinion. Same with bullet casings. Some of them are the size of the gun.
New weapons creating a disbalance is a concern too. I didn't do much testing so I might be wrong, but it feels like new weapons make other weapons in the same slot kind of obsolete.

Sparks and muzzleflashes seem to be a bit over the top, but I assume that might be intentional? Reminds me of F.E.A.R. Wouldn't mind to see them toned down just a bit, but that's more of an opinion than feedback.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

there is no need to lower the footsteps sounds physically; you could just change the SNDINFO parameters for each one.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”