[WIP] Redneck Rampage in DOOM! (NEW VERSION!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
PixelWAD

Re: [WIP] Redneck Rampage in DOOM! (NEW VERSION!)

Post by PixelWAD »

Could you guys post partial reworked maps for RR? I want to see how did you use the 3d floors/sectors for the areas that are glitched
Clownman

Post by Clownman »

PixelWAD wrote:Could you guys post partial reworked maps for RR? I want to see how did you use the 3d floors/sectors for the areas that are glitched

you have to cut and paste the glitched room over room areas to seperate places on the map and work with portals for going up and downstairs basically. I still am trying to work on it but that's the best method I had for it.
PixelWAD

Post by PixelWAD »

I'm way too beginner to get a grip on portals. If you guys could share a sample converted map, that would be great! We can all learn from each other.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Here's my feedback:

No standard status screen, which is a pity as the standard Redneck Rampage one was fun.

Ammo dropped by killed enemies is way, way too low to be sustainable. When you're getting 1 bullet instead of at least 6 off a dead Coot, the only saving grace is that the crowbar and rake are at least decently strong.

And getting shot by any enemy should not cause me to suddenly stop dead in my tracks, which is a death sentence on maps with minimal cover.

As a suggestion, perhaps give the pistol a reload secondary fire function? Otherwise, weapons are fine, looking forward to the Whiskey, Pork Rinds, Six Pack O' Beer and single beer cans to replace the standard health items, and hopefully something for armor as well.
SinnDK

Post by SinnDK »

This mod looks really cool!

is there going to be a weapons-only version?
taufan99

Post by taufan99 »

Hoo boy! As a fan of BUILD engine games, I'm sure as heck glad to see a Redneck Rampage tribute. Can't wait for the finished mod!
Nailz the Ravager
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Nailz the Ravager »

SinnDK wrote:This mod looks really cool!

is there going to be a weapons-only version?
Hi! Thanks for the feedback! The next update will be weapons-only version.
Nailz the Ravager
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Nailz the Ravager »

taufan99 wrote:Hoo boy! As a fan of BUILD engine games, I'm sure as heck glad to see a Redneck Rampage tribute. Can't wait for the finished mod!
Hi! Thanks for the feedback! Wait a while, my dude! The next update will be released in 31st of December! :D
celulamp

Post by celulamp »

Anyone still got the maps?

link is gone

Return to “Gameplay Mods”