[WIP] Redneck Rampage in DOOM! (NEW VERSION!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
GamingMarine
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [WIP] Redneck Rampage : Leonard's vacation in Hell(UPDAT

Post by GamingMarine »

NailZx128 wrote:In the new version you will meet old acquaintances)

The old bald asshole will look for you everywhere!
[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/XBX2Ghq[/imgur]

Uncle Billy always glad to see you ... dead!

Beware the Hobbes! HE IS A LAW!

Alien hulk always ready for action!
I really like where this is going!
el armadillo2

Post by el armadillo2 »

OH, HELL YES!!!!!! This seems to be a really good year for Doom!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

HAHAHAHHAHH yeah! I do love Redneck Rampage! I still love it i always wished someone would make mod out of this someday... And now one of my dream has come true, many-thanks to you!

And i really hope there's bubba in there, 'cuz why not? :P

EDIT: So i played it for a moment and i really love the new sound and the smooth animation of this mod. Also you somehow managed to put Deer Huntin' weapons as well! Now i really wish this mod would have Bowling ball, Powder Keg and the Bike from Redneck Rampage Rides again... Heh.
Spoiler: And yet, i think i have some feedback to share.
And that's about it. You're doing a Messiah's work, and i can't wait for the next update!
Nailz the Ravager
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [WIP] Redneck Rampage in DOOM! (NEW VERSION!)

Post by Nailz the Ravager »

Link updated!
Hurry to test the new version!
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

Got any gameplay demo vids soon?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

You mean this link, right? Seems like it's removed for some reason.
Nailz the Ravager

Captain J wrote:You mean this link, right? Seems like it's removed for some reason.
Link fixed
PixelWAD

Post by PixelWAD »

Loving every pixel of this, keep up the good work!
PixelWAD

Post by PixelWAD »

Screenshot_Doom_20180722_023255.jpg
Screenshot_Doom_20180722_023228.jpg
Screenshot_Doom_20180722_023327.jpg
I have felt pretty motivated by your work so far, so I took one of the multiplayer modified versions of MAP01 and I have added very few Redneck-alike tweaks.

Screenshots - https://imgur.com/a/olG3X8R

Download - https://www66.zippyshare.com/v/R9Chh0LK/file.html

This was a very quick work done in about 3 hours, using Redneck Rampage textures. I have added a hut on the outside, with some hay stacks, and a well. It plays so much better in multiplayer than standard Doom maps!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Oh my, well that's some darn good map for this mod! Now i wonder this mod is available for Zandronum...

EDIT: Hot Diggity, now with RR monsters!! Thank you so much for the update. Looks fine, but there are another problems i have to discuss;

- Each time when you get hit, it sometimes slows you down or even stops you, literally and it makes the whole combat a lot difficult. Skinny Coot fires few shots very quickly and is accurate, so my health go down simultaneously when there are few of them.

- Billy Ray's reloading sound is switched up. Also i think his health is really weaker than the original counterpart.

- Shotgun Based weapons seems not stronger enough against stronger enemies like the Sheriff. Even Coot survives from a Single shot from any shotgun.

- Huntin' Rifle is not powerful enough IMO. Takes longer to kill stronger enemies. Able to Zoom is only one nice advantage i can think of this weapon, i'm afraid.

- Am... Am i seeing Duke 3D spine gib? What is it doing in this mod? :P

- The Dynamite still don't bounce off. Using it AND and the architectures around you would make the gameplay more thoughtful.

- The Crossbow and Ripsaw problem i have mentioned before haven't fixed yet. But take your time tho!

Nice going so far. Good luck!
PixelWAD

Post by PixelWAD »

Thanks! I have played few matches and it was indeed fun.

Is there any chance to make it compatible with older version of gzdoom? I want to play it on my phone.
Shiny Metagross

Post by Shiny Metagross »

*Sigh* You've been using our code yet our Samsara addon projects have not even been mentioned ONCE on this topic. This especially irritates me because while we used Aeod as a base for the enemies (and although they were also refined), I actually made Rides Again enemies myself from scratch. And speaking of scratch, it was I who made Billy Ray scratch his ass and sniff too! And it was Jesh who came up with these names for actors and state names, only he could do THAT! Didn't even do a good job cleaning up his tracks.

https://imgur.com/a/VrNti1a

And here's our currently Zandronum only project to prove that I didn't just fabricate the evidence, development builds right now are GZDoom compatible and run with Samsara 0.3666 and we will post a topic as soon as I finish the trailer.

https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... -v0.72.pk3
Is there any chance to make it compatible with older version of gzdoom? I want to play it on my phone.
Our builds run on older GZDoom because the run on Zandronum, of course, hell, I even play my dev build on my phone.
Nailz the Ravager

S_Andrew_S wrote:*Sigh* You've been using our code yet our Samsara addon projects have not even been mentioned ONCE on this topic. This especially irritates me because while we used Aeod as a base for the enemies (and although they were also refined), I actually made Rides Again enemies myself from scratch. And speaking of scratch, it was I who made Billy Ray scratch his ass and sniff too! And it was Jesh who came up with these names for actors and state names, only he could do THAT! Didn't even do a good job cleaning up his tracks.

https://imgur.com/a/VrNti1a

And here's our currently Zandronum only project to prove that I didn't just fabricate the evidence, development builds right now are GZDoom compatible and run with Samsara 0.3666 and we will post a topic as soon as I finish the trailer.

https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... -v0.72.pk3
Forgive me for using your code without your permission. I would point to the authors of the code if I knew their names. Just tell the names of those who worked on the code of enemies. And i will mention them in this topic. I apologize for such impudence.
PixelWAD

Post by PixelWAD »

Hopefully instead of making two different versions, you guys can combine forces and make joint operation.

I have successfully converter Redneck maps to WAD format to use with gzDoom. Plenty of errors, but lots of geometry does work. Perfect for making remakes, or just trying to get the Redneck aesthetics right.

Any interest? Then I'll zip it all and share here.
Nailz the Ravager

PixelWAD wrote:Hopefully instead of making two different versions, you guys can combine forces and make joint operation.

I have successfully converter Redneck maps to WAD format to use with gzDoom. Plenty of errors, but lots of geometry does work. Perfect for making remakes, or just trying to get the Redneck aesthetics right.

Any interest? Then I'll zip it all and share here.
WOW! I'm very interested. Please let me see the result of your work!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”