Klingon Doom Guard [PREVIEW]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
HAL9000

Klingon Doom Guard [PREVIEW]

Post by HAL9000 »

Hello Everyone,
I want to share with you a little mod I'm working on:
Klingon Doom Guard - KHG mod for GZDoom

Early Pre-Alpha Gunplay Video Preview:
Spoiler:
Weapons Showcase Video:
Spoiler:
Planned Features:
Spoiler:
-Everything showcased in videos is Work in progress, and it will change as mod development progresses.
-Map Used for Showcase: Project Remap - https://www.moddb.com/games/doom-ii/add ... ject-remap
-This is not going to be 1:1 weapons/enemies port, this is a KHG mod re-imagined for GZDoom.
-Klingons will no longer have "Pepto Bismol" blood, This time....Red Klingon Blood 8-)
-Using Disruptor Discharge on Enemies will quickly kill and disintegrate them, but they will no longer drop loot.

Special Thanks to Marisa Kirisame for UE1 Umeshtools

Please Share your thoughts , suggestions, and criticism down in the comments.

DOWNLOAD:
-When it's done (weapon files probably soon) :D
Last edited by HAL9000 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:59 am, edited 5 times in total.
Cherno

Re: [PREVIEW] Klingon Doom Guard

Post by Cherno »

Well! Having played the original game almost to completion, I have to sy that it was a chore as it suffered from the typical trappings of the Unreal 1 engine (blocky levels) and the weapons, apart from the Bat'Leth, sucked for the most part. Converting it to the Doom engine might solve these problems! I'm looking forward to playing your TC.
HAL9000

Post by HAL9000 »

Small Enemy update (08-Jul-2018):
Some Enemies will now try to avoid/dodge Player's attacks,
and sometimes they will even return fire when dodging.

Imgur Video clips:
https://imgur.com/NWCUgyR
https://imgur.com/yv6lTBR
It's not perfect, but it's a start.

Screenshots (08-Jul-2018):
Spoiler:
Weapons (08-Jul-2018):
Spoiler:
HAL9000

Post by HAL9000 »

Cherno wrote:Well! Having played the original game almost to completion, I have to sy that it was a chore as it suffered from the typical trappings of the Unreal 1 engine (blocky levels) and the weapons, apart from the Bat'Leth, sucked for the most part. Converting it to the Doom engine might solve these problems! I'm looking forward to playing your TC.
Yes, Original KHG Weapon Models are Blocky, Ugly and have a lot of UV/Mesh Issues.
Maybe I'll recreate them as HD addon after I finish the Weapons & Monsters package, it depends on my free time.

Since GZDoom now supports PBR,(and with some tricks and Black magic) something like this might be possible in GZD Engine:
(Here is the example of model/texture I made a while ago, I can create similar KHG weapons without any problems,It Might be Overkill LOL)
Spoiler:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”