Supreme Invasion - Universal! v7 (11/09/2021) (Optimized!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Chloroxite

Re: Supreme Invasion - Universal! v3

Post by Chloroxite »

Oh wow I just found this while trying to find an invasion solution that would work with Death and Decay. I tried it with Invasion Simulator but for some reason the wave progress has a tendency to get stuck thinking that extra players are monsters or something, forcing players to either spectate or kill themselves until only one remains. Here's hoping this doesn't happen here.

So after trying it, it works like a charm.. only issue being no real way to configure the waves beyond wave count
Perhaps allow players to set things such as spawn delay (time between enemies spawning), enemy count multiplier, etc.
TDRR
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 12/ Manjaro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by TDRR »

Well, some of what you said definitely will not be possible with my inept ACS skills, i can't make the spawn delay between each enemy spawning (That would require a complete rewrite and perhaps end up even buggier than before) unless you mean the time between waves, and the enemy count multiplier is already an impossibility by itself and would be rather ridiculous considering that each wave the enemies are doubled, which means that on wave 7 it already gets very stupid.

Also, i think Invasion Simulator checks for the +ISMONSTER flag and gives an item if so, but to be honest i don't know, this instead goes with a safer method: Replace the monsters' DoomED number with a mapspot, have that mapspot spawn the monsters with a certain TID and track if the monsters are alive by counting TID 999.
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Can I have an alternate download link? Mega doesn't seem to agree with my computer at all...

I was able to try it out, finally, thanks to another. Monsters kept sticking together, somehow spawning in the same place at the same time. Items never respawn, which I feel is desperately needed. That severely detracted from my experience, which is a shame. I was hoping to have some use for those Deathmatch maps in my folder that are just collecting dust.
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

DoomKrakken wrote:Can I have an alternate download link? Mega doesn't seem to agree with my computer at all...

I was able to try it out, finally, thanks to another. Monsters kept sticking together, somehow spawning in the same place at the same time. Items never respawn, which I feel is desperately needed. That severely detracted from my experience, which is a shame. I was hoping to have some use for those Deathmatch maps in my folder that are just collecting dust.
Items do respawn, are you using any mod? If not then something might have broken before i uploaded the mod, you can set up the ammo regeneration by typing "InvasionMenu" into the console, while i fix the issue.
TDRR

Re: Supreme Invasion - Universal! v4

Post by TDRR »

A new update has been released! Kept you waiting huh?
Spoiler: Changeloggy
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

Would it be possible to have monsters spawn where other players would as opposed to where weapons are? In the second map of GothicDM, they all just get stuck in the walls because there was only meant to be enough space for weapons.
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

SiFi270 wrote:Would it be possible to have monsters spawn where other players would as opposed to where weapons are? In the second map of GothicDM, they all just get stuck in the walls because there was only meant to be enough space for weapons.
Super-cramped maps won't work well regardless of where monsters spawn, and no, doing what you suggested isn't possible anyways.

Which reminds me: Don't use this with GothicDM 1 or 2, you are wasting your time because those maps are far too cramped.
Use DWANGO or something with more open maps.
alysiumX

Post by alysiumX »

Nice, I didn't know someone remade this :)

Just seen the link in the caco awards page.
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

alysiumX wrote:Nice, I didn't know someone remade this :)

Just seen the link in the caco awards page.
Never heard of this mod being in a cacowards page, and i don't see it either, so maybe you are confused?

Anyways, your original mod was really good! It's a shame i didn't get the chance to test in multiplayer but the whole "Invasion anywhere" idea was too good to just drop it, so i just had to do this :D Thanks for being one of the modders to allow reuse, it really is a decision for the best.
alysiumX

Post by alysiumX »

Click on Gameplay Mod Awards, in the side bar labeled mini mod Safari, at the bottom
Thanks for being one of the modders to allow reuse, it really is a decision for the best.
Sure, I thought it would be cool to see someone extend this one day.
TDRR

Re: Supreme Invasion - Universal! v5

Post by TDRR »

Updated! Mostly just a bugfix update, but also includes a new toggleable option: Removal of Arachnotron and Mancubus! Mostly to eliminate the issue of them spawning stuck in walls.

(yeah i just updated a mod at 3AM, what am i even doing)
SHayden

Post by SHayden »

For some reason I can't download....says some transfer quota or whatever limit reached :laff:
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

SHayden wrote:For some reason I can't download....says some transfer quota or whatever limit reached :laff:
That does happen if you have downloaded a lot in MEGA recently (and sometimes it just appears out of nowhere) Try again in a couple hours.
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

Any plans to add Doom 1/Ultimate Doom, Heretic, Hexen & Strife compatibility in the future? :D
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

DabbingSquidward wrote:Any plans to add Doom 1/Ultimate Doom, Heretic, Hexen & Strife compatibility in the future? :D
Not sure about Strife, but probably Doom 1, Heretic, Hexen, Chex Quest and TAOS will be supported by this. (TAOS will have custom maps though because i can't imagine playing invasion in those huge maps)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”