[WIP] Dusted's Pandemonia (v2.1.2)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [WIP] Dusted's Pandemonia (v2.1.1)

Postby nexus_6 » Thu May 06, 2021 3:44 pm

So, uh, what do you do in this situation?

nexus_6

Postby Dr_Cosmobyte » Thu May 06, 2021 6:48 pm

Just noticed the Firestorm was credited to Dox778. The Mike12 basis was actually edited by me, but some of these bits aren't mine. Just to clarify. =v
Dr_Cosmobyte
Also known as: GAA1992

Postby nexus_6 » Fri May 07, 2021 2:06 pm

Fixed btw - GZDoom has an option to disable menu scaling
nexus_6

Postby DustedPandemonic » Mon May 10, 2021 10:31 pm

Dr_Cosmobyte wrote:Just noticed the Firestorm was credited to Dox778. The Mike12 basis was actually edited by me, but some of these bits aren't mine. Just to clarify. =v

Awesome, thanks for letting me know!
DustedPandemonic

Discord: DustedPandemonic#1713

Re: [WIP] Dusted's Pandemonia (v2.1.2)

Postby DustedPandemonic » Sat May 22, 2021 12:23 pm

Did another quick bugfix release, should hopefully be the last one.

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KNgR8d2s3E-2VujiWW2iaLqu0fsKyO5s/view?usp=sharing

Changelog: https://pastebin.com/LFwgwp2Q
DustedPandemonic

Discord: DustedPandemonic#1713

Postby pfred1x » Sun May 23, 2021 12:10 pm

What am I missing to get this to play?
Using the command:
gzdoom -iwad DOOM2.WAD -file Pandemonia-v2.1.1.pk3
does not seem to work?
I just get this:
LoadActors: Load actor definitions.
Pandemonia-v2.1.1.pk3:pandzs/items/powerup/basicspheres.txt, line 4: Default blocks currently disabled in mixins
Pandemonia-v2.1.1.pk3:pandzs/items/powerup/basicspheres.txt, line 22: Mixin PandSphere does not exist.
Pandemonia-v2.1.1.pk3:pandzs/items/powerup/basicspheres.txt, line 55: Mixin PandSphere does not exist.
Pandemonia-v2.1.1.pk3:pandzs/items/powerup/basicspheres.txt, line 88: Mixin PandSphere does not exist.
Pandemonia-v2.1.1.pk3:pandzs/items/powerup/basicspheres.txt, line 161: Mixin PandSphere does not exist.
Pandemonia-v2.1.1.pk3:pandzs/items/armor/armorbase.txt, line 48: Attempt to override non-existent virtual function AbsorbDamage

So I am thinking that I am missing something. I am using
GZDoom g4.4pre-34-gb453c87b7 - 2020-02-08 03:07:06 -0300 - SDL version
Compiled on Feb 8 2020
Is my GZDoom too old?
I had that problem with Project Brutality once. No web search I have done has given me any ideas what I need to do. So I figured I'd try asking here.
pfred1x

Postby ate0ate » Sun May 23, 2021 1:39 pm

Yeah, upgrade your GZDoom. That version is something like 15 months old. It should work with 4.5 just fine. I'm using the latest dev build and it works as well so you can always try that too.
ate0ate

Postby peido » Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:32 pm

Hi.
Thank you for your work on this, I became aware of Pandemonia by watching UltraViolence playthroughs of Back to Saturn X on YouTube, and I decided to start playing it as well.

Anyway, I detected a small bug, but I don't know if it's a Pandemonia bug or a Back to Saturn X bug: Liquid Water becomes still (doesn't move) if playing Back to Saturn X with Pandemonia, but Liquid Acid works fine.
There is a pool of Liquid Water almost at the beginning of map 1 of episode 1 of Back to Saturn X where this problem can be seen (and there is a pool of Liquid Acid a little bit further).
I have also tried Back to Saturn X with PBR Liquids and without Pandemonia, and the same error occurs.
This problem can also be seen in UltraViolence playthroughs.

Thanks.
peido

Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc) 32-bit

Postby ate0ate » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:37 pm

Someone more knowledgable than myself would have to explain why that happens for certain but as far as I am aware it has to do with how BTSX animates its water. See https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=54601 for more information.
I've ran into quite a few mods that have caused the water animation to break in BTSX and there is a smooth fluid animations patch that I've used as a workaround that is available here...
https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=59373
ate0ate

Postby peido » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:43 pm

Thanks. Using Smooth Fluids for BTSX made the water move again :)
peido

Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc) 32-bit

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods