Dusted's Pandemonia (v2.5) (+ Monsters-only) (Anarchy and Insurrection addons!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
<rd>

Re: [WIP] Dusted's Pandemonia (v2.0.1)

Post by <rd> »

Played around with pistol-starting some maps on lower difficulty settings.

Feels like HNTR/HMP are great default choices if you want something similar in intensity to UV modless. Or harder (even on HNTR).

Here's HMP of Sunlust m16. Was super exciting to do. UV might even be doable but I'm not a pure challenge-seeker (I mostly do saveless playthroughs of stuff just when I feel up to it), so I didn't even look.

And HNTR of Counterattack m02. I actually played parts of this on HNTR the other day and it got pretty tough, but monster randomizing was kinder today. so this might not be too exciting to watch, especially since it's 15 minutes, unless you're also interested in the map design itself (which is really cool though. <3 Mechadon).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BLIIy0SZXA

Played some other maps too (like the one in this short clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4XOMhzh3M4), which convinced me that I'm going to play continuous on HNTR/HMP too unless I know the monster placement and want to see variations on it. Stronger monsters + fewer of them is a pretty fun mix.
Final Verdict

Post by Final Verdict »

This is a great randomizer mod, the only criticism I have is that I'm always running out of ammo due to the fact that most maps are balanced around vanilla monsters health. I try to conserve ammo but I always seem to run out and in extreme cases I have even had to restart the map to spawn different monsters (there just wasn't enough ammo on the map if I got a bad combination of tough monster spawns).

I think something like Complex Doom ammo satchel drops would help a lot. In complex Doom you rarely ever use or need them, but in Pandemonia it feels like they would be a necessity. I understand if you want to avoid getting too close to Complex Doom (perhaps call it an ammo box or something), but some kind of ammo recovery system would help to balance the mod out. That or add other items like grenades/mines so we have something else to fall back on. Other than that I think Pandemonia is fantastic.
ate0ate

Post by ate0ate »

Final Verdict wrote:This is a great randomizer mod, the only criticism I have is that I'm always running out of ammo due to the fact that most maps are balanced around vanilla monsters health...
I gotta agree with much of what was said here. Its particularly noticeable on certain mapsets. The thing I found myself really wishing I had was an ammo-less pistol weapon, like many of the energy blasters in the pistol slot of some randomizers. Not particularly creative, but it is effective.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

I would go with doubling the bullet pickups. Brings them more in line with shells.
Sgt. Ham
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Sgt. Ham »

I, uh, might be an idiot, but I can't figure out how to access the sidegrades. I can pick them up, but I don't get to use them.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

Sgt. Ham wrote:I, uh, might be an idiot, but I can't figure out how to access the sidegrades. I can pick them up, but I don't get to use them.
Bind "weapon state 1"
Sgt. Ham

Post by Sgt. Ham »

Rowsol wrote:Bind "weapon state 1"
Sláinte
Linz

Post by Linz »

How's it going with the mod Dusted
DustedPandemonic

Post by DustedPandemonic »

Linz wrote:How's it going with the mod Dusted
I've still been working on it quite a bit, 2.1 is undergoing some private testing right now
namsan
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by namsan »

cool, I would try it when it gets the public release
Leglock
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Leglock »

Been trying it and oh boy, this is hot stuff. Really enjoy this mod and how accessible it is for both, hardcore moders and more casual ones.
nakedraptor

Post by nakedraptor »

Nice mod overall, but I think the Chaos Imp is super broken. Seemingly one shots even with 100 health and armor. Also bullet weapons are either woefully underpowered or the ammo is just really scarce for them in vanilla maps (even DTWID and Community Packs don't have enough ammo). Thanks!
DustedPandemonic

Re: [WIP] Dusted's Pandemonia (v2.1)

2.1 is finally released at long last! Lots of important changes compared to the 2.1 prereleases, such as the armor system being overhauled, a much needed durability weapon rework, and more. Alongside that is a Corruption Cards patch that adds a few new cards and fixes some incompatibilities, which can be found in the "Addons" spoiler in the original post.

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hni_27 ... sp=sharing

Changelog: https://pastebin.com/uz5U3vtQ
Sgt. Ham

Post by Sgt. Ham »

From Metadoom v7, Combined_Arms v2, and now this? I've got my Doomin' cut out for me! Looking forward to trying this out soon!
DustedPandemonic

Return to “Gameplay Mods”