RAEWA - Replace All Enemies With Archviles

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Karltroid51
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

RAEWA - Replace All Enemies With Archviles

Post by Karltroid51 »

RAEWA

Replace All Enemies With Archviles is 2018's greatest indie darling runaway hit, with stunning additions to the Doom™ franchise such as:
  • Replacing all your beloved demon foes with the one and only archvile
  • Revisit levels of time immemorial but with the significantly funner and more updated challenge of having to take on fire-casting demon necromancers
  • Tear your spleen out in frustration as 60 daemon sorcerers simultaneously conjure pillars of fire to send you careening off that very precarious ledge!
  • Curse my name as I rend your sanity asunder with the majykks of making every enemy an archvile
  • Consider new ammo management concerns as no archviles drop weapons and each weapon is capable of tearing them apart in one hit! Do you use a rocket to clear a swathe of 'viles, or do you risk taking damage and conserve your ammo by sawing them apart instead? New with Version 2!
  • Run like hell upon discovering that archviles can rezz each other if left to their own devices!
  • Have a cup of tea with the archvile of your dreams, as you attempt to woo their hearts and make them yours!*
All of this can be yours now by clicking on this link to send you to a fantastical hellscape where everyone is a skinless, bony, and gaunt demon sorcerer!
Send me to hell! (Version 2!)
* not actually a thing
Spoiler: Changelog
Spoiler: Actual Content
Last edited by Karltroid51 on Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
JadedLexi
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: RAEWA - Replace All Enemies With Archviles

Post by JadedLexi »

Last edited by Rachael on Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: shrunk image
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

If this mod was made by Combine Kegan, it would be aptly titled RAEWD - Replace All Enemies With Dickwizards :D
But then again, I think it would be more likely of him to replace all enemies with Revenants. Not to give him any ideas :P
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

this is an evil modification
how could you make this

bad
hiss
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

Loading this up in Nuts.wad would produce a combined firepillar attack so powerful that it would shoot doomguy upward out of the solar system.
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

Now you just need to allow Arch-Viles to revive other Archviles, add in the Extreme Weapons Pack, and you have the ultimate masochism mod.
Marisa the Magician
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch

Post by Marisa the Magician »

"One trillion points off" -- Joel
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

I always felt there wasn't enough our beloved little archies in doom 2.

Now important question, can you plz make them revive each other?? Also, maybe 5% chance every 10 seconds that they will revive themselves after they got killed, even if they got telefraged and\or squished by map.
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

Even better, replace EVERYTHING with archviles, including items and decoration.
Karltroid51

Post by Karltroid51 »

Version 2 has been released! Download link's been updated in the main post.
  • The biggest thing you need to know here is that Archviles can now resurrect each other if left to their own devices with corpses of their kin. Be wary when extinguishing these daemon warlocks as they sensually rub their grundles on each other to bring the other back to life through sheer disgust!
  • Additionally, archviles themselves have been nerfed health-wise, so they're akin to one-shot glass cannons. Though, this creates an interesting gameplay dynamic wherein the game turns into a puzzle game with you deciding what weapon to use for each particular encounter since ammo is as useful as it gets. If you're diligent with ammo pickups however, all the more fun for you!
  • A little oversight I forgot to deal with has been rectified; Pinkies are now affected by the archvile replacement technologies™.
I also tried making an extreme edition but decided that was too much work for a 5 minute joke mod such as this. That's all for now, I guess. Happy hunting!
jablon1000

Post by jablon1000 »

Bullshit™ Simulator 2018: Golden Turd™ Enhanced Edition.

Edit:

Your masterpiece Archvile Replacement Technologies™ doesent replace spectres. But dont worry, i fixed it for you, because you work too hard on this superb, ultimate project.

Edit2:

Sorry i didnt discover the lost souls, pains and ss are bugged to. You probably havent enought bug testers to avoid it. Your code is masterpiece bro, and it is hard to debug and fix, so complicated and brilliant, but i put some work to it with my friends and now is perfect. Thank you for this amazing idea.

BTW: I tried your perfect mod with Russian Overkill... Try harder bastard :)
Attachments
RAEWA_UberFix_by_jablon1000.pk3
(591 Bytes) Downloaded 67 times
wolfmanfp
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by wolfmanfp »

Spaceman333 wrote:Loading this up in Nuts.wad would produce a combined firepillar attack so powerful that it would shoot doomguy upward out of the solar system.
Just tried it. Surprisingly, the game didn't slow down to like 3 FPS.
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

wolfmanfp wrote:
Spaceman333 wrote:Loading this up in Nuts.wad would produce a combined firepillar attack so powerful that it would shoot doomguy upward out of the solar system.
Just tried it. Surprisingly, the game didn't slow down to like 3 FPS.
Probably because they won't attack from more than 896 map units away unless hurt :P
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

Karltroid51 wrote:Version 2 has been released! Download link's been updated in the main post.
  • The biggest thing you need to know here is that Archviles can now resurrect each other if left to their own devices with corpses of their kin. Be wary when extinguishing these daemon warlocks as they sensually rub their grundles on each other to bring the other back to life through sheer disgust!
  • Additionally, archviles themselves have been nerfed health-wise, so they're akin to one-shot glass cannons. Though, this creates an interesting gameplay dynamic wherein the game turns into a puzzle game with you deciding what weapon to use for each particular encounter since ammo is as useful as it gets. If you're diligent with ammo pickups however, all the more fun for you!
  • A little oversight I forgot to deal with has been rectified; Pinkies are now affected by the archvile replacement technologies™.
I also tried making an extreme edition but decided that was too much work for a 5 minute joke mod such as this. That's all for now, I guess. Happy hunting!
What's the point of having archviles if they die from a few shots? They'd become useless, since the interwal between the charge time of when you actually get hurt is about 3 seconds if no more. Come on, bring us some challenge! What about in addition to have vanila hp of archvile, they also do in fact do constant damage the moment they place their hellish fire on you, like diabloist(realm667 alternative version of archvile)? Just copy the code from Hard Doom, since diablost in there is basically just an archive whose fire does damage once it's place on player.
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

What's the point of having archviles if they die from a few shots? They'd become useless, since the interwal between the charge time of when you actually get hurt is about 3 seconds if no more. Come on, bring us some challenge! What about in addition to have vanila hp of archvile, they also do in fact do constant damage the moment they place their hellish fire on you, like diabloist(realm667 alternative version of archvile)? Just copy the code from Hard Doom, since diablost in there is basically just an archive whose fire does damage once it's place on player.
Had you tried it first before saying that?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”