Guncaster Vindicated 2.9.3

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 1.5

Postby Dinosaur_Nerd » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:52 am

Josko wrote:Thanks for answering :)


You're very welcome

Josko wrote:Do your costum monsters appear in other maps too by some randomspawner?


My monsters should work properly with any map pack that follows the generally accepted "Industry Standards" for cluster definitions in maps according to episode progression or level progression.

If the map pack designer wants to do things differently and has the clusters out of order or starting at a number other than 1 or 5, the difficulty might be out of balance.

For example, if a map pack designer sets the cluster at 1 for ALL levels in a 32 map megawad, the game will get too easy too fast because you'll never progress to the harder monsters, you'll be stuck with the easy ones until map 32. If the map designer starts at cluster 4 and goes up from there, you're going to start playing against the hardest monsters.

Most map pack designers follow these rules for setting clusters in the proper order, so most map packs should work perfectly.

EDIT: You can also adjust which monsters you want to fight, if you'd prefer to fight only all easy monsters or only all hard monsters. If you want, you can even switch the new monsters off and play against re-balanced Old School doom monsters like in Guncaster Official. I've re-designed the Old School monsters damage to be non-random.

Josko wrote:I will ofcourse give it a try!

Do you by the way know where I can find and change the strat costs? I looked with slade but cant find it, wanna change so all strats cost alot more, playing slaughtermaps like chillax im having over 100k dosh within 5 maps lol!


You probably can't right now, those prices are set using ACS, and I haven't included the proper source files for the rebalanced shop. If you attempt to recompile it, you will lose many of the special items I have added and the re-adjusted prices for all the strats/items/spells/etc... will be lost. I will include the proper source files in the next update, that's my fault and I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

That being said, dosh has already been adjusted in Guncaster Vindicated to make choices in the shop much more impactful to the game. Money is very scarce in Vindicated. Give the game a play before you start trying to modify the mod. I've worked very hard to balance this in favor of a challenge.

I do not recommend attempting to play Guncaster Vindicated with Slaughterwads. This is not Guncaster Official, you DO NOT need a slaughterwad to get your ass kicked by this mod, trust me.

If you want to torture yourself, all you need to do is Start the game on the highest difficulty ("Last of your Kind"), I promise you'll suffer... a lot... until you get very very good at it that is. I completed a no-deaths playthrough of the Vindicated campaign that is included with this mod, and it frustrated the hell out of me.

If that's still too easy for you, I've left the damage slider from Guncaster Official in this mod, so you can just play the hardest difficulty with the "Damage Taken" set at 2.0 if you "wanna be the guy." You'd honestly need lightning reflexes to get anywhere with the game set this way.

Make sure you set the difficulty according to what you can accomplish. Many people play for a couple of hours and come to these forums to complain about the hardest difficulty on Vindicated saying it's "too hard" or that the "hitscanners are too strong." If I can go start to finish without a single death, I think it's pretty fair. I designed this to be replayed, there's two different paths you can take to give you a new experience even when playing the same map pack twice. The ideal way to play is to start on "Dragon" (Skill 5) and then play the map pack again on "Last of your Kind" (Skill 6) once you know the general layout of the maps and where secrets are and where monsters are going to spawn.


If you need further help, it's probably best to join the discord server that's linked below my profile picture, so we don't have to keep playing tag here on the forums. Forums are great for bug reports and feedback, for technical support discord is more convenient.

Good luck! I look forward to hearing back from you about your experience playing Guncaster Vindicated.
-Dino
User avatar
Dinosaur_Nerd
RAWR!
 
Joined: 21 Feb 2018
Location: timelocked USA 1994
Discord: https://discord.gg/7Dd8GCD

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 1.5

Postby Josko » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:47 am

Dinosaur_Nerd wrote:
Josko wrote:Thanks for answering :)


You're very welcome

Josko wrote:Do your costum monsters appear in other maps too by some randomspawner?


My monsters should work properly with any map pack that follows the generally accepted "Industry Standards" for cluster definitions in maps according to episode progression or level progression.

If the map pack designer wants to do things differently and has the clusters out of order or starting at a number other than 1 or 5, the difficulty might be out of balance.

For example, if a map pack designer sets the cluster at 1 for ALL levels in a 32 map megawad, the game will get too easy too fast because you'll never progress to the harder monsters, you'll be stuck with the easy ones until map 32. If the map designer starts at cluster 4 and goes up from there, you're going to start playing against the hardest monsters.

Most map pack designers follow these rules for setting clusters in the proper order, so most map packs should work perfectly.

EDIT: You can also adjust which monsters you want to fight, if you'd prefer to fight only all easy monsters or only all hard monsters. If you want, you can even switch the new monsters off and play against re-balanced Old School doom monsters like in Guncaster Official. I've re-designed the Old School monsters damage to be non-random.

Josko wrote:I will ofcourse give it a try!

Do you by the way know where I can find and change the strat costs? I looked with slade but cant find it, wanna change so all strats cost alot more, playing slaughtermaps like chillax im having over 100k dosh within 5 maps lol!


You probably can't right now, those prices are set using ACS, and I haven't included the proper source files for the rebalanced shop. If you attempt to recompile it, you will lose many of the special items I have added and the re-adjusted prices for all the strats/items/spells/etc... will be lost. I will include the proper source files in the next update, that's my fault and I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

That being said, dosh has already been adjusted in Guncaster Vindicated to make choices in the shop much more impactful to the game. Money is very scarce in Vindicated. Give the game a play before you start trying to modify the mod. I've worked very hard to balance this in favor of a challenge.

I do not recommend attempting to play Guncaster Vindicated with Slaughterwads. This is not Guncaster Official, you DO NOT need a slaughterwad to get your ass kicked by this mod, trust me.

If you want to torture yourself, all you need to do is Start the game on the highest difficulty ("Last of your Kind"), I promise you'll suffer... a lot... until you get very very good at it that is. I completed a no-deaths playthrough of the Vindicated campaign that is included with this mod, and it frustrated the hell out of me.

If that's still too easy for you, I've left the damage slider from Guncaster Official in this mod, so you can just play the hardest difficulty with the "Damage Taken" set at 2.0 if you "wanna be the guy." You'd honestly need lightning reflexes to get anywhere with the game set this way.

Make sure you set the difficulty according to what you can accomplish. Many people play for a couple of hours and come to these forums to complain about the hardest difficulty on Vindicated saying it's "too hard" or that the "hitscanners are too strong." If I can go start to finish without a single death, I think it's pretty fair. I designed this to be replayed, there's two different paths you can take to give you a new experience even when playing the same map pack twice. The ideal way to play is to start on "Dragon" (Skill 5) and then play the map pack again on "Last of your Kind" (Skill 6) once you know the general layout of the maps and where secrets are and where monsters are going to spawn.


If you need further help, it's probably best to join the discord server that's linked below my profile picture, so we don't have to keep playing tag here on the forums. Forums are great for bug reports and feedback, for technical support discord is more convenient.

Good luck! I look forward to hearing back from you about your experience playing Guncaster Vindicated.
-Dino


Really appreciate all the explaining, and about the dosh, I suppose I can just make it give alot less! Its the same thing really :p

Did you change the minigun strat? I never liked the originals minigun strat, boring, useless. It would be cool if it was changed to get increased damage, and an auto aim feature for the minigun after you buy the strat or perhaps make it being able to be deployed like a sentry would fun and interesting!
Josko
 
Joined: 22 Sep 2017

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 1.5

Postby Dinosaur_Nerd » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:34 am

Josko wrote:Really appreciate all the explaining, and about the dosh, I suppose I can just make it give alot less! Its the same thing really :p


This mod already does that.
I've spent a lot of time balancing literally everything about this mod.

You're free to attempt re-balancing it for yourself without ever playing it. I wouldn't recommend it though, you'll probably end up wasting your time.

Josko wrote:Did you change the minigun strat? I never liked the originals minigun strat, boring, useless. It would be cool if it was changed to get increased damage, and an auto aim feature for the minigun after you buy the strat or perhaps make it being able to be deployed like a sentry would fun and interesting!


Yes, the pulverizer strat is different from the original. It fires bullets that do more damage and explode slightly on impact. (it costs more ammo to use it as well)

I think you will save yourself a lot of time if you stop worrying and just play the game.
User avatar
Dinosaur_Nerd
RAWR!
 
Joined: 21 Feb 2018
Location: timelocked USA 1994
Discord: https://discord.gg/7Dd8GCD

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 1.5

Postby Josko » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:20 am

Dinosaur_Nerd wrote:
Josko wrote:Really appreciate all the explaining, and about the dosh, I suppose I can just make it give alot less! Its the same thing really :p


This mod already does that.
I've spent a lot of time balancing literally everything about this mod.

You're free to attempt re-balancing it for yourself without ever playing it. I wouldn't recommend it though, you'll probably end up wasting your time.

Josko wrote:Did you change the minigun strat? I never liked the originals minigun strat, boring, useless. It would be cool if it was changed to get increased damage, and an auto aim feature for the minigun after you buy the strat or perhaps make it being able to be deployed like a sentry would fun and interesting!


Yes, the pulverizer strat is different from the original. It fires bullets that do more damage and explode slightly on impact. (it costs more ammo to use it as well)

I think you will save yourself a lot of time if you stop worrying and just play the game.


Yeah I tried it a bit, very good! But the minigun just eats way too much ammo, I usually change smal things like these to fit my taste :P



Also the strucker upgrade is even cheaper here, should be 20k dosh cost lol

Only thing I didnt like was all the custom monsters, but its something I can just remove in the game, but I like the project brutality monsters :D



EDIT:

I tried the Old school option, while it's nice to have that, I would love a option where you only have the Project Brutality's changed monsters and none of the custom ones :)

I dont know if it's a bug, but sometimes cyberdemons can drop double loot boxes, it may be the same with spidermastermind, have to check.

I found a archvile having the old school animation without horns but when it died it had the new project brutality look with horns, wierd
Josko
 
Joined: 22 Sep 2017

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 1.5

Postby Josko » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:54 am

Dinosaur_Nerd wrote:Yes, the pulverizer strat is different from the original. It fires bullets that do more damage and explode slightly on impact. (it costs more ammo to use it as well)


I really like the new minigun strat, well done! Just what it needed, I hated the old one, it was goofy, stupid, boring and out of place.
Josko
 
Joined: 22 Sep 2017

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 1.5

Postby Dinosaur_Nerd » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:57 am

Josko wrote:I really like the new minigun strat, well done! Just what it needed, I hated the old one, it was goofy, stupid, boring and out of place.


Glad you like it.

The original strat is very creative and unique which I definitely respect, but I was going for "Simple and Effective" with this version of the weapon.

Josko wrote:I tried the Old school option, while it's nice to have that, I would love a option where you only have the Project Brutality's changed monsters and none of the custom ones :)


Which monsters are you talking about?

If you're talking about the soldiers, they do pretty much the same job as the zombiemen from PB, except the Cult Soldiers I designed are smarter and faster.

The monsters that are included in the game when playing through the Vindicated campaign or DOOM2.wad (or any map pack that follows standard cluster convention) are all the monsters that exist in the code, with the exception of the Old School monsters and the Afrit (which I will be cleaning out of the code in the next update).

There is a comprehensive list of all the monsters included in the mod in the OP of this thread.

Any other monster you might be thinking of, doesn't exist in the mod in code, sprites or sound. I won't be adding any other doom monsters.

Josko wrote:I dont know if it's a bug, but sometimes cyberdemons can drop double loot boxes, it may be the same with spidermastermind, have to check.


That's a bug, I just haven't gotten around to fixing it yet. I'll try to have it fixed in the next update.

Josko wrote:I found a archvile having the old school animation without horns but when it died it had the new project brutality look with horns, wierd


Those sprites need a clean-up, I'll work on it.

The more I answer questions the more I realize just how desperately this mod needs a User Manual. I'll try to get started on one soon.
User avatar
Dinosaur_Nerd
RAWR!
 
Joined: 21 Feb 2018
Location: timelocked USA 1994
Discord: https://discord.gg/7Dd8GCD

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 1.5

Postby Josko » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:50 am

Dinosaur_Nerd wrote:
Josko wrote:I really like the new minigun strat, well done! Just what it needed, I hated the old one, it was goofy, stupid, boring and out of place.


Glad you like it.

The original strat is very creative and unique which I definitely respect, but I was going for "Simple and Effective" with this version of the weapon.

Josko wrote:I tried the Old school option, while it's nice to have that, I would love a option where you only have the Project Brutality's changed monsters and none of the custom ones :)


Which monsters are you talking about?

If you're talking about the soldiers, they do pretty much the same job as the zombiemen from PB, except the Cult Soldiers I designed are smarter and faster.

The monsters that are included in the game when playing through the Vindicated campaign or DOOM2.wad (or any map pack that follows standard cluster convention) are all the monsters that exist in the code, with the exception of the Old School monsters and the Afrit (which I will be cleaning out of the code in the next update).

There is a comprehensive list of all the monsters included in the mod in the OP of this thread.

Any other monster you might be thinking of, doesn't exist in the mod in code, sprites or sound. I won't be adding any other doom monsters.

Josko wrote:I dont know if it's a bug, but sometimes cyberdemons can drop double loot boxes, it may be the same with spidermastermind, have to check.


That's a bug, I just haven't gotten around to fixing it yet. I'll try to have it fixed in the next update.

Josko wrote:I found a archvile having the old school animation without horns but when it died it had the new project brutality look with horns, wierd


Those sprites need a clean-up, I'll work on it.

The more I answer questions the more I realize just how desperately this mod needs a User Manual. I'll try to get started on one soon.


I was talking about Zombieman, Shotgunguy and Chaingunguy, I guess I can add them myself directly from Project Brutality and replace the code of the OLDzombiemen, Oldshotgunguy etc with the ones from Project Brutality.

Also why do you always start with 200 health? What gives the 200 health? :P

EDIT: Found out why, it was the Player.StartItem "BreathHealth", 100 :P

In my opinion it's a wierd balance, because you start with 200, but you can't get it back unless you get your max health to 200 or find soulsphere/megasphere.

It's better to just lower the Damage you take in higher difficulties IMHO!
Josko
 
Joined: 22 Sep 2017

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 1.5

Postby Dinosaur_Nerd » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:40 am

Josko wrote:In my opinion it's a wierd balance, because you start with 200, but you can't get it back unless you get your max health to 200 or find soulsphere/megasphere.

It's better to just lower the Damage you take in higher difficulties IMHO!


Think of it as starting out very fresh.

The purpose of this is to Help the player get started by giving them a little bit of a temporary edge (huge emphasis on temporary) in the first level when you haven't had a chance to collect any items or gold yet.

In regards to the suggestion of changing the overall difficulty just to offset the possibility of slight imbalance only on the first level of some map packs, that's frankly a terrible idea.

You seem to have a lot of frequent questions, it might be more convenient to ask them on the discord server here:
Guncaster Vindicated Discord
User avatar
Dinosaur_Nerd
RAWR!
 
Joined: 21 Feb 2018
Location: timelocked USA 1994
Discord: https://discord.gg/7Dd8GCD

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 1.5

Postby Valherran » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:45 am

I decided to use the Ol' Faithful strat to speedrun a map, and the sprites appear to be glitchy. The weapon keeps blinking and a pair of goat legs keep flashing on the top left of my screen.
User avatar
Valherran
 
Joined: 27 Oct 2009

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 1.5

Postby Dinosaur_Nerd » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:19 am

Valherran wrote:I decided to use the Ol' Faithful strat to speedrun a map, and the sprites appear to be glitchy. The weapon keeps blinking and a pair of goat legs keep flashing on the top left of my screen.


This is a conflict with Cored Dreadful Sprites and the hellknight charge animation.
Thank you for the report, I've fixed it.

It will be corrected in the next update.
User avatar
Dinosaur_Nerd
RAWR!
 
Joined: 21 Feb 2018
Location: timelocked USA 1994
Discord: https://discord.gg/7Dd8GCD

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 1.5

Postby dawnbreez » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:33 pm

Are the shotgunners supposed to be able to chew through your health like cotton candy? Or do I just suck? :P
dawnbreez
 
Joined: 08 Jul 2015

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 1.5

Postby Valherran » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:00 pm

dawnbreez wrote:Are the shotgunners supposed to be able to chew through your health like cotton candy? Or do I just suck? :P


Soldiers/Cultists are OP, beware.

@Dinosaur_Nerd: I got another request if you're up for it. An option to disable the power suit? I've tested the limits of balance through over a dozen map packs and I wanna see this through without using it.
User avatar
Valherran
 
Joined: 27 Oct 2009

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 1.5

Postby Dinosaur_Nerd » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:57 pm

dawnbreez wrote:Are the shotgunners supposed to be able to chew through your health like cotton candy? Or do I just suck? :P


The human enemies use guns. Guns are dangerous and they hurt when you get shot. The human enemies are ordinary humans though, and are vulnerable to pain. You can stun them very easily by kicking them, they'll fall down and be helpless for a second or so, if you continue to do damage to them after they fall down, they won't be able to recover until the damage stops or they just die. kicking a human enemy and setting them on fire is usually a death sentence for them. It's also easy to just pummel them with your fists while they're on the floor and they really can't do anything about it.

Use your own shotgun or pulverizer to deal with them at range, almost any damage at all is enough to lock them into their pain state. Just keep the hurt on them and you'll be ok, pin them down to defeat them.

It really isn't that hard, I promise. If they're REALLY giving you trouble, use the matriarch, it knocks them down as though they have been kicked, you can stun large groups of them like this or with Dynamite.

Valherran wrote:@Dinosaur_Nerd: I got another request if you're up for it. An option to disable the power suit? I've tested the limits of balance through over a dozen map packs and I wanna see this through without using it.


Are you wanting to have a switch that sets the chests to spawn Draugh Tome and Dreadful, but NOT powersuit? Or are you meaning only Dreadful? I've tried to balance this so that Powersuit or Draughsuit, whichever you prefer, are an integral part of the game's progression, the game is supposed to be more "doable" when you have one or the other.

Maybe try playing these map packs on the hardest difficulty and just don't use the powersuit, you can just unequip it or never equip it in the first place. If you're able to make it though without it, that should satisfy your test. In my first no-deaths playthrough in the beta of Vindicated I was able to make it through the first 3 episodes of "The Ultimate DOOM" without using powersuit, but it was honestly pretty miserable, and in that version the Power Stimulants were MUCH more powerful than they are in the current version.

To answer your question though, I'd rather not have a switch to disable the item, that's a lot of superfluous code that could cause issues which could of course be handled by the player simply NOT using the item. I know where you're coming from, I just don't like the idea of "anti-progression."

If the game is so easy that you don't actually need powersuit (unless you're cheezing like crazy and playing in a way that is boring/exploitive, like standing around for 15 minutes and playing angry birds while you wait for "Undying Determination" to cool down again or something), it either means you are very very good at this, or that I need to make the advanced monsters harder.

I'm not sure, I'd need a really good reason to implement a switch like that. If the game is really boring you with being "too easy" turn up how much damage you take in the "Here be Dragons" menu and see if that satisfies you.

EDIT: If you're just wanting to do this for testing purposes and want to lock out the powersuit, there are only a couple of lines you'd need to comment out in the ZScript file for the Chests. I can provide you with those necessary edits if you like.
User avatar
Dinosaur_Nerd
RAWR!
 
Joined: 21 Feb 2018
Location: timelocked USA 1994
Discord: https://discord.gg/7Dd8GCD

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 1.5

Postby Valherran » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:56 pm

Are you wanting to have a switch that sets the chests to spawn Draugh Tome and Dreadful, but NOT powersuit? Or are you meaning only Dreadful? I've tried to balance this so that Powersuit or Draughsuit, whichever you prefer, are an integral part of the game's progression, the game is supposed to be more "doable" when you have one or the other.


I probably should have clarified... All 3 if possible. Not so much the gun, but rather the upgrade that allows it to destroy the map.

Maybe try playing these map packs on the hardest difficulty and just don't use the powersuit, you can just unequip it or never equip it in the first place. If you're able to make it though without it, that should satisfy your test. In my first no-deaths playthrough in the beta of Vindicated I was able to make it through the first 3 episodes of "The Ultimate DOOM" without using powersuit, but it was honestly pretty miserable, and in that version the Power Stimulants were MUCH more powerful than they are in the current version.

To answer your question though, I'd rather not have a switch to disable the item, that's a lot of superfluous code that could cause issues which could of course be handled by the player simply NOT using the item. I know where you're coming from, I just don't like the idea of "anti-progression."

If the game is so easy that you don't actually need powersuit (unless you're cheezing like crazy and playing in a way that is boring/exploitive, like standing around for 15 minutes and playing angry birds while you wait for "Undying Determination" to cool down again or something), it either means you are very very good at this, or that I need to make the advanced monsters harder.

I'm not sure, I'd need a really good reason to implement a switch like that. If the game is really boring you with being "too easy" turn up how much damage you take in the "Here be Dragons" menu and see if that satisfies you.


The suit parts take some priority over other items when you open chests, and while yes I could unequip it after getting it, it being present alters the conditions of the run. Meaning I could be getting the Ol' Dreadful or the Miser Tomb (the thing that brings all the gold to you and boosts money drops) instead of a piece of the suit. The only time I have trouble with this game is when I start fresh (mainly because of how OP the soldiers are), but once I get the power suit everything becomes much easier. On the subject of advanced monsters, the game could use another tier of really strong monsters passed the latest one we currently have. Even on the hardest setting after I've gotten all the upgrades, I tear through all the mobs like tissue paper with little effort.
User avatar
Valherran
 
Joined: 27 Oct 2009

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 1.5

Postby Dinosaur_Nerd » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:33 am

Valherran wrote:I probably should have clarified... All 3 if possible. Not so much the gun, but rather the upgrade that allows it to destroy the map.


Valherran wrote:The suit parts take some priority over other items when you open chests, and while yes I could unequip it after getting it, it being present alters the conditions of the run. Meaning I could be getting the Ol' Dreadful or the Miser Tomb (the thing that brings all the gold to you and boosts money drops) instead of a piece of the suit. The only time I have trouble with this game is when I start fresh (mainly because of how OP the soldiers are), but once I get the power suit everything becomes much easier. On the subject of advanced monsters, the game could use another tier of really strong monsters passed the latest one we currently have. Even on the hardest setting after I've gotten all the upgrades, I tear through all the mobs like tissue paper with little effort.


Here's the way the chests work:
Spoiler:


A new branch of super tier monsters that are basically just the strongest tier monster but with more health and more damage is a possible option for this... but I don't see why that would be necessary at all since there is a damage slider for how much damage you do (artifically augments monsters HP) and a slider for how much you take (artificially increases their damage). I won't be adding any truly new doom monsters in the forseeable future.

Have you attempted a No-Deaths run start to finish of HellOnEarthStarterPack on the hardest difficulty? Give that a try. I had the most trouble with levels 5, 16, 32 (Wolfenstein), 18, 22, 23, 26, and 28. on level 29 I used every item that I hadn't used yet to blaze through to get to the final boss, and the first time I made it to the final boss... I got telefragged, lol. Then I had to do it all over again, and the same levels were scary. (I probably attempted running this full map pack at least 15 times without dying and failing every time but once, I'll have to give it another go before mark is finished with E-Day, I hope you folks are as excited for E-Day as I am.)

When playing like this, I found the later levels the most stressful, and frankly the most fun.

This is the playstyle I find the most enjoyable, performing a Deathless run from start to finish. This style of play feels the most "Heroic" to me. If you don't find that fun, I apologize, that's how I've balanced this and intend to continue to balance it around that goal.

If you don't mind, what map packs are you testing this with? I'd like to give them a shot, maybe I can perform a no-deaths run with them.

P.S.
If you're basing this at all on map packs that are CRAMMED full of monsters, like Maps of Chaos, I apologize, these are guaranteed to break this mod's difficulty. Maps of Chaos and packs that attempt increasing difficulty by just jamming it full of monsters only feeds you an unlimited amount of Dosh, and you'll proceed to extremesphere your way through the last 5-6 levels almost every time. There's nothing I can do about that without breaking the balance of HellOnEarthStarterPack, E-Day, and any other sane map pack.

I am meaning to try out new map packs like "Doom the way ID did" "Ancient Aliens" and "DOOM2 Reloaded" since I have heard good things about them. I'll have to see how those treat me, and we'll go from there.

Also...
Spoiler:
User avatar
Dinosaur_Nerd
RAWR!
 
Joined: 21 Feb 2018
Location: timelocked USA 1994
Discord: https://discord.gg/7Dd8GCD

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dinosaur_Nerd, Funky Gnoll, Google Feedfetcher and 12 guests