Guncaster Vindicated 3.4.4

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.4.3

Postby Dinosaur_Nerd » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:56 am

ClessxAlghazanth wrote:
Dinosaur_Nerd wrote:Thats really weird
Send me your .ini file, and I can try to debug.


Thanks , here it is


Mk, I've done everything I can to try to find the source of this and I cannot repeat the abort problem.
If you can record a video of you encountering the abort problem, and post it, I can try to find a way to reproduce the problem, and we can go from there.
User avatar
Dinosaur_Nerd
RAWR!
 
Joined: 21 Feb 2018
Location: timelocked USA 1994
Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/BPPeSqD
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.4.3

Postby Talles » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:16 am

Dinosaur_Nerd wrote:
ClessxAlghazanth wrote:
Dinosaur_Nerd wrote:Thats really weird
Send me your .ini file, and I can try to debug.


Thanks , here it is


Mk, I've done everything I can to try to find the source of this and I cannot repeat the abort problem.
If you can record a video of you encountering the abort problem, and post it, I can try to find a way to reproduce the problem, and we can go from there.




I accidentally did this bug. It happened when i took damage from a fireball, i can't remember from what color though, but it was some imp.

Edit: Some tests later, its not just am imp, i can't point exactly what hell happens but, some of those monsters that have shields that can reflect/defend attacks seens to always crash the the game if the option to replace hitscans is enabled. Thats all the information i could get by playing since maps of chaos its to caotic to point exactly what happens.
Talles
 
Joined: 07 May 2021
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 32-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.4.3

Postby Dinosaur_Nerd » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:15 pm

Talles wrote:I accidentally did this bug. It happened when i took damage from a fireball, i can't remember from what color though, but it was some imp.

Edit: Some tests later, its not just am imp, i can't point exactly what hell happens but, some of those monsters that have shields that can reflect/defend attacks seens to always crash the the game if the option to replace hitscans is enabled. Thats all the information i could get by playing since maps of chaos its to caotic to point exactly what happens.


wait a second... you're a different person than who I was talking to earlier.
Is there some bug regarding something else?

Start at the beginning... what mod is causing the problem?
User avatar
Dinosaur_Nerd
RAWR!
 
Joined: 21 Feb 2018
Location: timelocked USA 1994
Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/BPPeSqD
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.4.3

Postby Talles » Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:51 am

Dinosaur_Nerd wrote:
Talles wrote:I accidentally did this bug. It happened when i took damage from a fireball, i can't remember from what color though, but it was some imp.

Edit: Some tests later, its not just am imp, i can't point exactly what hell happens but, some of those monsters that have shields that can reflect/defend attacks seens to always crash the the game if the option to replace hitscans is enabled. Thats all the information i could get by playing since maps of chaos its to caotic to point exactly what happens.


wait a second... you're a different person than who I was talking to earlier.
Is there some bug regarding something else?

Start at the beginning... what mod is causing the problem?


Its the same bug, the one with "ColourfulHellBrownBetaFinal".

Load order

mapsofchaos-ok.wad
Guncaster_Vindicated.pk3
ColourfulHellBrownBetaFinal.pk3

I played and crashed the game, then i came here and it looks like I wasn't the only one who's done that. I've decided to test a little bit for bug hunting right after. It work just fine if i let hitscanners be... hitscanners.

It seens that some enemies in colourfull hell don't like the option that replace hitscan attacks after all.
Talles
 
Joined: 07 May 2021
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 32-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.4.3

Postby Dinosaur_Nerd » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:19 am

Talles wrote:
Its the same bug, the one with "ColourfulHellBrownBetaFinal".

Load order

mapsofchaos-ok.wad
Guncaster_Vindicated.pk3
ColourfulHellBrownBetaFinal.pk3

I played and crashed the game, then i came here and it looks like I wasn't the only one who's done that. I've decided to test a little bit for bug hunting right after. It work just fine if i let hitscanners be... hitscanners.

It seens that some enemies in colourfull hell don't like the option that replace hitscan attacks after all.


Mk, can you please paste the abort message you get?
VM Abort and Crash mean two different things.
You can take a screenshot by typing "screenshot" into the console and pressing enter after getting a VM abort. Then just post that screenshot here
User avatar
Dinosaur_Nerd
RAWR!
 
Joined: 21 Feb 2018
Location: timelocked USA 1994
Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/BPPeSqD
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.4.3

Postby Talles » Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:06 am

Dinosaur_Nerd wrote:
Talles wrote:
Its the same bug, the one with "ColourfulHellBrownBetaFinal".

Load order

mapsofchaos-ok.wad
Guncaster_Vindicated.pk3
ColourfulHellBrownBetaFinal.pk3

I played and crashed the game, then i came here and it looks like I wasn't the only one who's done that. I've decided to test a little bit for bug hunting right after. It work just fine if i let hitscanners be... hitscanners.

It seens that some enemies in colourfull hell don't like the option that replace hitscan attacks after all.


Mk, can you please paste the abort message you get?
VM Abort and Crash mean two different things.
You can take a screenshot by typing "screenshot" into the console and pressing enter after getting a VM abort. Then just post that screenshot here


Sorry for the confusion. Its a VM abort.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Talles
 
Joined: 07 May 2021
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 32-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.4.3

Postby Dinosaur_Nerd » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:41 pm

Talles wrote:Sorry for the confusion. Its a VM abort.


ClessxAlghazanth wrote:Is it possible to use this edition with custom monster packs ?


I found the problem and fixed it as well as many other bugs, you can update and run with monster packs now.
User avatar
Dinosaur_Nerd
RAWR!
 
Joined: 21 Feb 2018
Location: timelocked USA 1994
Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/BPPeSqD
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.4.3

Postby ClessxAlghazanth » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:27 am

Dinosaur_Nerd wrote:I found the problem and fixed it as well as many other bugs, you can update and run with monster packs now.


Thanks a lot for the fixes :D

Will give it a run tonight 8-)

Btw what is the 'depreciated' folder for ?
User avatar
ClessxAlghazanth
 
Joined: 17 Feb 2019

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.4.3

Postby Dinosaur_Nerd » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:38 am

ClessxAlghazanth wrote:Btw what is the 'depreciated' folder for ?


I started a tradition of including my outdated code with the mod in case something broke, but that old stuff is so outdated at this point its probably a good idea I just stop doing that
User avatar
Dinosaur_Nerd
RAWR!
 
Joined: 21 Feb 2018
Location: timelocked USA 1994
Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/BPPeSqD
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.4.3

Postby Talles » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:14 pm

Dinosaur_Nerd wrote:
Talles wrote:Sorry for the confusion. Its a VM abort.


ClessxAlghazanth wrote:Is it possible to use this edition with custom monster packs ?


I found the problem and fixed it as well as many other bugs, you can update and run with monster packs now.



Thanks, Guncaster is already awesome, but you sir did a awesome job with this.
Talles
 
Joined: 07 May 2021
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 32-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.4.4

Postby Talles » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:00 pm

It seens that Strife doen't want to be played at all. I got this by simply trying a new game, I tried to start in any map using the console and the same happens.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Talles
 
Joined: 07 May 2021
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 32-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.4.4

Postby Talles » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:30 pm

Well my luck must be really great.

This happens by killing anything with philosopher's tome in Pirate Doom. There's more bugs but all visuals, the explosions more specifically.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Talles
 
Joined: 07 May 2021
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 32-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.4.4

Postby Dinosaur_Nerd » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:14 pm

Talles wrote:It seens that Strife doen't want to be played at all. I got this by simply trying a new game, I tried to start in any map using the console and the same happens.


That's an issue with the statusbar, I'll take a look

Talles wrote:Well my luck must be really great.

This happens by killing anything with philosopher's tome in Pirate Doom. There's more bugs but all visuals, the explosions more specifically.


fixed this one, I'll update it once I test some more.
If you'd like to help test, you can always join the discord server found here:
https://discordapp.com/invite/BPPeSqD
User avatar
Dinosaur_Nerd
RAWR!
 
Joined: 21 Feb 2018
Location: timelocked USA 1994
Discord: https://discordapp.com/invite/BPPeSqD
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.4.4

Postby ClessxAlghazanth » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:54 am

I just found out that when you load GCV with Damage Direction Overlay mod , it crashes and gives this error when you take damage

Here's the thread to said mod

viewtopic.php?t=57576

It's a little QoL addon which shows the direction you're taking damage from

My load order was

Map wad
GCV
hitmarkers(from tekish simple hud addons)
Dmgdiroverlay

I'm not keeping my hopes high as the addon doesn't seem to be actively developed , but if there's another mod that does similar thing it'd be acceptable too

Best regards,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
ClessxAlghazanth
 
Joined: 17 Feb 2019

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ate0ate, Redead-ITA and 7 guests