Guncaster Vindicated 3.1.2

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.1.2

Postby cs89 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:07 am

I had to turn off the particle effects and gore effects too and it has solved my FPS problem.
I know that the gore effects aren't so essential on every wads.
cs89

Postby Dinosaur_Nerd » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:08 am

cs89 wrote:I started to play Guncaster Vindicated with a megawad with lots of monsters (Zones of Fear) and on Map 15 there was so many effects our PC (Intel Core i7-7700 CPU, Geforce GTX 1060 6GB and 16GB DDR4 RAM) can't handle it.
I turned on the Toaster Mode and it didn't help much. I guess I have to turn off the gore effects too.

Valherran wrote:It's not recommended to run this MOD on a map with more than 1500 enemies otherwise it will cause frame drops. This MOD was tested under certain wad packs, but I don't think the one you mentioned was on that list. Sometimes maps with an extensive use of torches can also cause frame loss, try messing with the settings more if none of the former is the issue.

This mod is about to receive a MASSIVE tune-up on the optimization thanks to a tremendous amount of help and work from KeksDose, after the update it should be able to handle things like this much much better. (the improvement is on the order of 4 times faster performance)

My sincerest apologies for taking so long to get this next update out, I've been working on improving the performance of gore code as well as lots of script speed improvement (particularly for the adapter)

For this particular update, we gotta wait on the official update from the big man himself, since there are several surprises in store and I'm not about to spoil them ;)
Dinosaur_Nerd
RAWR!

Discord: https://discord.gg/7Dd8GCD
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Alptraum » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:07 pm

Dinosaur_Nerd wrote:
cs89 wrote:I started to play Guncaster Vindicated with a megawad with lots of monsters (Zones of Fear) and on Map 15 there was so many effects our PC (Intel Core i7-7700 CPU, Geforce GTX 1060 6GB and 16GB DDR4 RAM) can't handle it.
I turned on the Toaster Mode and it didn't help much. I guess I have to turn off the gore effects too.

Valherran wrote:It's not recommended to run this MOD on a map with more than 1500 enemies otherwise it will cause frame drops. This MOD was tested under certain wad packs, but I don't think the one you mentioned was on that list. Sometimes maps with an extensive use of torches can also cause frame loss, try messing with the settings more if none of the former is the issue.

This mod is about to receive a MASSIVE tune-up on the optimization thanks to a tremendous amount of help and work from KeksDose, after the update it should be able to handle things like this much much better. (the improvement is on the order of 4 times faster performance)

My sincerest apologies for taking so long to get this next update out, I've been working on improving the performance of gore code as well as lots of script speed improvement (particularly for the adapter)

For this particular update, we gotta wait on the official update from the big man himself, since there are several surprises in store and I'm not about to spoil them ;)

keep up with the good work Dino ^^
Alptraum

Discord: Alptraum#6909
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby grubfisher » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:50 pm

Don't know why, but DoomLauncher doesn't like the latest version of Guncaster Vindicated. Says it's an improperly formed pk3. Also pretends that the mod isn't loading at all if you load it in using the zip instead of the pk3 file. Any ideas?
grubfisher

Postby Valherran » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:41 pm

grubfisher wrote:Don't know why, but DoomLauncher doesn't like the latest version of Guncaster Vindicated. Says it's an improperly formed pk3. Also pretends that the mod isn't loading at all if you load it in using the zip instead of the pk3 file. Any ideas?

Try not using DoomLauncher and use something else like ZDL.
Valherran

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods