Guncaster Vindicated 3.2.2

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 2.9

Postby Apteral10 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:21 am

I can see why people would like this but I had already once played through the map pack and while it is great stuff... Just using same map pack with possibly all maps the same without any changes is somewhat boring. You might want to make a map pack yourself that would compliments the mod. I may sound harsh but I was expecting a bit more.
Apteral10
 
Joined: 20 Jan 2018

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 2.9.1

Postby Dinosaur_Nerd » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:21 am

Update and bugfixes!



What did I fix?
uh... lots of stuff with the adapter... I forget exactly what.
Mostly the items.
Now to play against custom monsters you will need to set the adapter to "Replace Nothing, Adapt to Everything"

Apteral10 wrote:I can see why people would like this but I had already once played through the map pack and while it is great stuff... Just using same map pack with possibly all maps the same without any changes is somewhat boring.


It's a shame you didn't even give this a chance. I don't think you've actually played through the map pack with Guncaster (and you definitely haven't with Guncaster Vindicated) since the map pack is... well... incompatible. You have to cheat in order to complete it, which screws up content.

I've put a lot of work into correcting bugs in this map pack and adapting it to fit the guncaster aesthetic by making use of:
Code: Select allExpand view
-Music themed more towards the Adrenaline Junkie playstyle rather than survival horror
-New cluster text and interpic/endpic artwork.
-changes to the bosses to make them much more challenging (and so that they work correctly)
-changes to boss levels to make more Guncaster Friendly (Wide open areas to fight and lines that prevent you from cheating)
-Special BFG spawns for multiplayer.
-Fixes for the incompatible cyberdemon on map26. Now you can actually finish the map without noclipping
-fixes to multiplayer telefrag deaths on entering map15 (with powersuits) and 26 (always).
-little eastereggs here and there. (Mr. Icarus immediately noticed all these changes during his very first playthrough on stream. I wish you'd give it chance, but it's your choice)


The mainstay of the work that went into this mod is in the form of gameplay balance, extensive new game mechanics, and brand new monsters with unique behavior for both doom and Heretic.

Apteral10 wrote:You might want to make a map pack yourself that would compliments the mod.


I'd like to do that sometime in the future, these things take a lot of time, and my primary goal is developing content for all the big commercial iwads first.

Apteral10 wrote:I may sound harsh but I was expecting a bit more.


Try actually playing the mod, you might like it.

affandede wrote:Playing Guncaster alongside custom monster packs? Can I ejaculate now?


Now better than before!
and hey! Now you can do so with Guncaster official as well if that's your cup of tea!
Universal Guncaster Adapter
User avatar
Dinosaur_Nerd
RAWR!
 
Joined: 21 Feb 2018
Location: timelocked USA 1994
Discord: https://discord.gg/7Dd8GCD
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 2.9.1

Postby Apteral10 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:46 am

Dinosaur_Nerd wrote:Update and bugfixes!



What did I fix?
uh... lots of stuff with the adapter... I forget exactly what.
Mostly the items.
Now to play against custom monsters you will need to set the adapter to "Replace Nothing, Adapt to Everything"

Apteral10 wrote:I can see why people would like this but I had already once played through the map pack and while it is great stuff... Just using same map pack with possibly all maps the same without any changes is somewhat boring.


It's a shame you didn't even give this a chance. I don't think you've actually played through the map pack with Guncaster (and you definitely haven't with Guncaster Vindicated) since the map pack is... well... incompatible. You have to cheat in order to complete it, which screws up content.

I've put a lot of work into correcting bugs in this map pack and adapting it to fit the guncaster aesthetic by making use of:
Code: Select allExpand view
-Music themed more towards the Adrenaline Junkie playstyle rather than survival horror
-New cluster text and interpic/endpic artwork.
-changes to the bosses to make them much more challenging (and so that they work correctly)
-changes to boss levels to make more Guncaster Friendly (Wide open areas to fight and lines that prevent you from cheating)
-Fixes for the incompatible cyberdemon on map26. Now you can actually finish the map without noclipping
-fixes to multiplayer telefrag deaths on entering map15 (with powersuits) and 26 (always).
-little eastereggs here and there. (Mr. Icarus immediately noticed all these changes during his very first playthrough on stream. I wish you'd give it chance, but it's your choice)


The mainstay of the work that went into this mod is in the form of gameplay balance, extensive new game mechanics, and brand new monsters with unique behavior for both doom and Heretic.

Apteral10 wrote:You might want to make a map pack yourself that would compliments the mod.


I'd like to do that sometime in the future, these things take a lot of time, and my primary goal is developing content for all the big commercial iwads first.

Apteral10 wrote:I may sound harsh but I was expecting a bit more.


Try actually playing the mod, you might like it.

affandede wrote:Playing Guncaster alongside custom monster packs? Can I ejaculate now?


Now better than before!
and hey! Now you can do so with Guncaster official as well if that's your cup of tea!
Universal Guncaster Adapter


Well thing is I have already completed the map pack with the brutal doom (Yeah I am a masochist and I have completed Sunder map pack with Metroid Dreadnaught I am not proud of that... Also I have completed this map pack probably with Project MSX the Brutal doom map pack I played with Project MSX) So I to some extent remember the map pack and just playing it with other mod... Just doesn't invite me enough. Good to hear that you are planning a map pack for itself.
Apteral10
 
Joined: 20 Jan 2018

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 2.9.1

Postby mamaluigisbagel » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:03 am

And here I thought there wasn't much that could make the mod better....never cease to impress me! Hopefully I can get even more playtime with the adapter added :D

Also I don't really mind the current map pack. I mean yes I've played through it before once, but the updated text at the intermission screens kinda draw me in more. I guess because it feels like the campaign could actually be part of Cygnis' story. (And yeah the gameplay in Guncaster is awesome, but tbh I may be more interested in the character than the gameplay lol) Though I haven't fully played through it yet because I'm trying to get through WADsmoosh first (god thats such a silly name and I love it)

EDIT: I noticed what is either a bug or a feature. In the shop, the Augment/Upgrade for the Pulverizer minigun has the same description as regular Guncaster. However when using it, there's no ball of bullets that spawns from the Minigun, but I did notice it seemed like the bullet impact changed. (looked like they might be explosive) Not sure if its a bug that the sphere doesn't show up, or if the upgrade is different and you didn't update the shop description yet.
User avatar
mamaluigisbagel
"If I ever have kids, they're going to come out circle-strafing." ~Civvie 11
 
Joined: 09 Jul 2014
Discord: Nonemployee#1013
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 2.9.1

Postby affandede » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:49 pm

First of all, I don't know how you crank up so many updates and fixes in such short notice. Keep up the good work and thanks. Second, this Universal Adapter is cool and all but apart from loading the mod on top of maps like you usually do with any mod+map combo, how are we gonna sort the loading order with monster packs? Loading the GV on top of them overrides everything, you get vanilla GV monsters and usual stuff. Loading aforementioned monster packs (I've tried with Kriegsland Enemies) gets you that pack's monsters, adapted to GV, however, doing so, loading packs lower on loading order I mean, makes them override some of GV's stuff, like difficulty settings (MAPINFO, I guess) and such.
User avatar
affandede
 
Joined: 11 Nov 2017

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 2.9.1

Postby mamaluigisbagel » Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:04 pm

I noticed that too,then found a setting in "Here Be Dragons -> Gameplay Options -> Adapt to Depreciated Maps" Should be at the very bottom. I think it defaults to replace, which replaces monsters with the Vindicated ones. Change it to "Replace nothing, adapt all monsters" and it should work. At least, thats what works for me. I just have Guncaster V on top and the monster mod below it.
User avatar
mamaluigisbagel
"If I ever have kids, they're going to come out circle-strafing." ~Civvie 11
 
Joined: 09 Jul 2014
Discord: Nonemployee#1013
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 2.9.1

Postby Dinosaur_Nerd » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:10 pm

Apteral10 wrote:Well thing is I have already completed the map pack with the brutal doom (Yeah I am a masochist and I have completed Sunder map pack with Metroid Dreadnaught I am not proud of that... Also I have completed this map pack probably with Project MSX the Brutal doom map pack I played with Project MSX) So I to some extent remember the map pack and just playing it with other mod... Just doesn't invite me enough. Good to hear that you are planning a map pack for itself.


This is a gameplay mod, not a map pack.

The built in HellOnEarthStarterPack with customized cluster text, intermission pics and lots and lots of bug fixes is just bonus material. Don't appreciate what I've done? Play a different map pack.
There are lots of good map packs out there and this is now far more capable of adjusting to them even if they have custom monsters.

Spoiler:


mamaluigisbagel wrote:And here I thought there wasn't much that could make the mod better....never cease to impress me! Hopefully I can get even more playtime with the adapter added :D

Also I don't really mind the current map pack. I mean yes I've played through it before once, but the updated text at the intermission screens kinda draw me in more. I guess because it feels like the campaign could actually be part of Cygnis' story. (And yeah the gameplay in Guncaster is awesome, but tbh I may be more interested in the character than the gameplay lol) Though I haven't fully played through it yet because I'm trying to get through WADsmoosh first (god thats such a silly name and I love it)


I'm very happy to hear you are having fun. The seamless immersive experience is super important to me.

mamaluigisbagel wrote:EDIT: I noticed what is either a bug or a feature. In the shop, the Augment/Upgrade for the Pulverizer minigun has the same description as regular Guncaster. However when using it, there's no ball of bullets that spawns from the Minigun, but I did notice it seemed like the bullet impact changed. (looked like they might be explosive) Not sure if its a bug that the sphere doesn't show up, or if the upgrade is different and you didn't update the shop description yet.


The wrong text in the shop is a bug... I must have missed it, I'll correct the text so it reads properly.
The missing ball and new bullets are NOT a bug. I changed the pulverizer strat to fire explosive bullets.

affandede wrote:First of all, I don't know how you crank up so many updates and fixes in such short notice. Keep up the good work and thanks. Second, this Universal Adapter is cool and all but apart from loading the mod on top of maps like you usually do with any mod+map combo, how are we gonna sort the loading order with monster packs? Loading the GV on top of them overrides everything, you get vanilla GV monsters and usual stuff. Loading aforementioned monster packs (I've tried with Kriegsland Enemies) gets you that pack's monsters, adapted to GV, however, doing so, loading packs lower on loading order I mean, makes them override some of GV's stuff, like difficulty settings (MAPINFO, I guess) and such.


Unfortunately Kriegsland is not a monster pack, it is a gameplay mod and will interact badly with Guncaster and Guncaster Vindicated.
Loading out of order is a last resort emergency hack that is guaranteed to cause bad behavior, but can sometimes let you play a map pack that is otherwise incompatible.
To get Kriegsland into a playable state, Delete the following from Kriegsland:
Code: Select allExpand view
KEYCONF
MAPINFO
LOADACS
MENUDEF
SBARINFO
GAMEINFO
TERRAIN
ANIMDEFS
FONTDEFS


This will get the game into a playable state, however... Most nazi mods I've come across (with the exception of Bratwurst) have some obnoxious weapon shenanigans going on that prevent proper weapons from spawning. So... weapons aren't going to work right unless you do some decorate spaghetti code repair, and I wouldn't blame you if you didn't wanna do that.
(to be fair, this is a gameplay mod and you're not supposed to be playing it with other gameplay mods XD)

For Vindicated, this is primarily aimed at Map packs, but monster packs work as well, the settings for the adapter work as follows:
Adapt to depreciated maps?
Replace Nothing, Adapt to nothing - Disables all monster adaptation, fall back to Vindicated monsters or whatever the map/monster pack does by default
Forcibly Replace all Monsters - Only Vindicated monsters will spawn, all non-vindicated monsters will be replaced. (after this it is handed off to the dynamic spawner, so you can set oldschool monsters as well with this)
Smart adapt and replace - Deploys the vindicated monsters with the exception of Commander Keen, WolfensteinSS (these two are often used by old maps in DeHacked for custom monsters), and any true custom monsters that do not directly replace original doom monsters. These monsters that are not replaced, are given the adapter script to become Guncaster compatible.
Replace Nothing Adapt to Everything - This is used for monster packs. It disables the vindicated monsters and gives every monster the adapter script.

Replace Hitscan Attacks?
HitScan Enemies - Enemy hitscan attacks will be... Hitscan attacks.
Force Projectiles - Enemies who normally fire hitscan attacks now shoot projectiles.

Now... To load actual monster packs and map packs, do the following:
Spoiler:
User avatar
Dinosaur_Nerd
RAWR!
 
Joined: 21 Feb 2018
Location: timelocked USA 1994
Discord: https://discord.gg/7Dd8GCD
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 2.9.1

Postby mamaluigisbagel » Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:55 pm

I had a feeling that was the case with the Pulverizer strat, especially after realizing my ammo went down faster from it taking more than 1 bullet upon firing. Thanks for clearing that up :D
User avatar
mamaluigisbagel
"If I ever have kids, they're going to come out circle-strafing." ~Civvie 11
 
Joined: 09 Jul 2014
Discord: Nonemployee#1013
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 2.9.1

Postby affandede » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:30 am

Can we get the previous endstat theme before the current Deus Ex remix, as a seperate addon?
User avatar
affandede
 
Joined: 11 Nov 2017

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 2.9.1

Postby Beezle » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:41 am

Dinosaur_Nerd wrote:This will get the game into a playable state, however... Most nazi mods I've come across (with the exception of Bratwurst) have some obnoxious weapon shenanigans going on that prevent proper weapons from spawning. So... weapons aren't going to work right unless you do some decorate spaghetti code repair, and I wouldn't blame you if you didn't wanna do that.
(to be fair, this is a gameplay mod and you're not supposed to be playing it with other gameplay mods XD)

Even with the Kriegsland Enemies Only pack? http://www.mediafire.com/file/06a083zpc ... nemies.pk3 I had only tested it briefly but all I had noticed was the difficulty settings were overridden and the enemies gibbed easily. Other than that no problems.
Beezle
 
Joined: 16 Aug 2018
Discord: #8423

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 2.9.2

Postby Dinosaur_Nerd » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:20 pm

Updating to 2.9.2
Code: Select allExpand view
-update to be in line with universal adapter fixes
-fixed some monsters pain chances (such as overlord)
-added a safety check for projectile adapter to deal with special cases (such as winters fury)
-increased gib threshold (harder to gib enemies now.)
-fixed ironblast strat glitch with adapter
-fixed archvile glitch with adapter


affandede wrote:Can we get the previous endstat theme before the current Deus Ex remix, as a seperate addon?


Mega oops on my part... that wasn't supposed to be in there until the EDAY release.
I've rolled it back.
(The problem with this track is that I do not know who to credit for it, so it's a problem I'll be correcting with the EDAY release)

Beezle wrote:
Dinosaur_Nerd wrote:This will get the game into a playable state, however... Most nazi mods I've come across (with the exception of Bratwurst) have some obnoxious weapon shenanigans going on that prevent proper weapons from spawning. So... weapons aren't going to work right unless you do some decorate spaghetti code repair, and I wouldn't blame you if you didn't wanna do that.
(to be fair, this is a gameplay mod and you're not supposed to be playing it with other gameplay mods XD)

Even with the Kriegsland Enemies Only pack? http://www.mediafire.com/file/06a083zpc ... nemies.pk3 I had only tested it briefly but all I had noticed was the difficulty settings were overridden and the enemies gibbed easily. Other than that no problems.


I don't notice any problems with the enemies only pack, other than that the fire animations are jacked up because they did this goofy running around on fire death animation for those monsters.
User avatar
Dinosaur_Nerd
RAWR!
 
Joined: 21 Feb 2018
Location: timelocked USA 1994
Discord: https://discord.gg/7Dd8GCD
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 2.9.2 Continuous Maps Function

Postby Delinquent » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:22 pm

I don't know if this has been covered in a previous comment or post, but I'm trying to play this with other Doom 1 map packs, and I can't get anything except the vanilla map set to continue from one episode to another. It just sits at the end screen graphic waiting for me to choose the next one the old fashioned way. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is it an issue with Vindicated itself?
Delinquent
 
Joined: 18 Feb 2019
Github ID: Jaron

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 2.9.2 Continuous Maps Function

Postby Dinosaur_Nerd » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:54 am

Delinquent wrote:I don't know if this has been covered in a previous comment or post, but I'm trying to play this with other Doom 1 map packs, and I can't get anything except the vanilla map set to continue from one episode to another. It just sits at the end screen graphic waiting for me to choose the next one the old fashioned way. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is it an issue with Vindicated itself?


The method used to continue episodes in Vindicated is handled by a modified zEpisodic script.
The reason custom map packs aren't working, is because they are not part of the maps recognized.
If you can provide a comprehensive list of all the multi-episode DOOM1 map packs you can think of, I can include them (if a doom map pack, is a single episode only, it shouldn't continue). I've been meaning to add compatibility for DOOM the way ID did, but just kept forgetting.
User avatar
Dinosaur_Nerd
RAWR!
 
Joined: 21 Feb 2018
Location: timelocked USA 1994
Discord: https://discord.gg/7Dd8GCD
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 2.9.3

Postby Dinosaur_Nerd » Mon Feb 25, 2019 6:36 pm

Updating to version 2.9.3

What's new?
probably some bug fixes and shit... idk
Spoiler:


Also, I did another thing!
Watch me play dis gaem here:
User avatar
Dinosaur_Nerd
RAWR!
 
Joined: 21 Feb 2018
Location: timelocked USA 1994
Discord: https://discord.gg/7Dd8GCD
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 2.9.3

Postby Regios » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:09 pm

Any plans to add the items from the add-on? The Mourning Glory, the Golden Emperor and the Deadmaker Mask?
User avatar
Regios
 
Joined: 28 Jun 2012

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mail.ru [Bot], mrtaterz, Semrush [Bot] and 7 guests