Guncaster Vindicated 3.4.6

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
skdursh

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.3.4

Post by skdursh »

Is there a chance we could get a toggle option to disable footsteps? I'm not sure if there are others that feel like this, but I am incredibly irritated by having to listen to stompstompstompstomp the whole time whenever I play with this mod (or Guncaster proper). It would be high up there on the list of my favorite gameplay mods if only there were a way to cut the stomping out.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

I can see how that would be a problem. I agree that an option would be nice but here's how you can fix it in the meantime.
Delete the sound file DRAGSTEP from the mod.
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

Rowsol wrote:I can see how that would be a problem. I agree that an option would be nice but here's how you can fix it in the meantime.
Delete the sound file DRAGSTEP from the mod.
Thanks for the tip! I will do that.
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

At least this one works fine with Deathkings, unlike regular Guncaster.
ObroTheEpic
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.3.5 Pirate Doom bug

Post by ObroTheEpic »

I'm getting a glitch in the fourth level of pirate doom when using this mod. You can not exit the level once you reach it and try to activate it.
minionmaster1

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.3.5

Post by minionmaster1 »

I'm having an issue using the latest version of vindicated and GZDoom where i cannot perform an air ground pound thingy, rarely it just happens though. I can still do the stomp attack whenever it is available, so it's not a keybind issue.
Picking up explosive barrels also became a little bit harder with the most recent version of GZDoom, sometimes ill hit the use button multiple times infront of a barrel before it finally picks it up. Is there some new option im unaware of? Any help would be appreciated.
AldenBlueten

Post by AldenBlueten »

i've been looking for the vindicated campaign but i can't seem to get it to enable. help.
Dinosaur_Nerd
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

ObroTheEpic wrote:I'm getting a glitch in the fourth level of pirate doom when using this mod. You can not exit the level once you reach it and try to activate it.
Should be fixed in next update
minionmaster1 wrote:some stuff about air stomp and barrels
Barrels: actors got repositioned somewhere and I wasnt informed, fixed in next update.

Air stomp: never had an issue with it. I need an in-depth report with detailed repeatable steps to reproduce the problem.
If you need direct support, join the GCV discord server.
AldenBlueten wrote:i've been looking for the vindicated campaign but i can't seem to get to enable. help.
Vindicated campaign was depreciated a long time ago.
GCV is now compatible with Extermination Day (EDAYTest001.pk3), if you need help finding it, join the GCV discord.
AldenBlueten

Post by AldenBlueten »

Dinosaur_Nerd wrote:
AldenBlueten wrote:i've been looking for the vindicated campaign but i can't seem to get to enable. help.
Vindicated campaign was depreciated a long time ago.
GCV is now compatible with Extermination Day (EDAYTest001.pk3), if you need help finding it, join the GCV discord.
oh okay thanks
user5124

Post by user5124 »

Every play-through I get the essence devourer suit for the bonuses it gives and how incredibly awesome it looks. :twisted: However once it's charged to max level...

1. It dramatically changes your height, making it easy to accidentally go places that levels aren't made for and you often have your head wedged into ceilings making it near impossible to see enemies you're fighting.
2. It makes loud bassy stompy sounds with every step "stomp! stomp! stomp!" which are awesome at first but will melt your brain with continued use :o
3. It's somewhat overpowered, to the point where it's so good that in most situations you might not need your arsenal unless you're in a slaughter map. The best decision is then to only use it, which makes the gameplay more simple and less exciting :P (punch in face x 1,000,000) However, this is not a dealbreaker.

Each of the above make me either toggle is off and on constantly, or just decide not to use it at all, which is a shame because I love how awesomely cool the animation and look is for it. Does anyone know if there's a way to deal with my shortlist? ie: turn off the height change, radically reduce the bassy stomps and possibly cut down the punching power?

I hope I don't come off as a negative nancy here, I do love the feature but would like to tweak it.
Dinosaur_Nerd

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

user5124 wrote:Every play-through I get the essence devourer suit for the bonuses it gives and how incredibly awesome it looks. :twisted: However once it's charged to max level...

1. It dramatically changes your height, making it easy to accidentally go places that levels aren't made for and you often have your head wedged into ceilings making it near impossible to see enemies you're fighting.
2. It makes loud bassy stompy sounds with every step "stomp! stomp! stomp!" which are awesome at first but will melt your brain with continued use :o
3. It's somewhat overpowered, to the point where it's so good that in most situations you might not need your arsenal unless you're in a slaughter map. The best decision is then to only use it, which makes the gameplay more simple and less exciting :P (punch in face x 1,000,000) However, this is not a dealbreaker.

Each of the above make me either toggle is off and on constantly, or just decide not to use it at all, which is a shame because I love how awesomely cool the animation and look is for it. Does anyone know if there's a way to deal with my shortlist? ie: turn off the height change, radically reduce the bassy stomps and possibly cut down the punching power?

I hope I don't come off as a negative nancy here, I do love the feature but would like to tweak it.
the GCV discord server is the best place to get such questions answered.
T.K.Bold

Post by T.K.Bold »

Is something up with my gore settings?
I thought I remembered stuff gibbing pretty often with the Longhorn, now it seems I'm lucky if I get any kind of splatter going on with it.
Did I bug something out?
Dinosaur_Nerd

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

T.K.Bold wrote:Is something up with my gore settings?
I thought I remembered stuff gibbing pretty often with the Longhorn, now it seems I'm lucky if I get any kind of splatter going on with it.
Did I bug something out?
longhorn has unique behavior.
without powersuit, or sufficiently powerful draughsuit, longhorn gib deaths are pure luck, and usually rare. I think there's one difficulty setting where it's pretty regular, but other than that, it shouldn't happen often unless you have one of the aforementioned suits and lotsa power.
Sinael

Post by Sinael »

Few opinions:

The Ironblast is waaaaay too strong, able to one-shot-gib the Barons up close.
Ironblasts also too underweling - maybe it's just me, but in a shooter I generally dislike when someone does the shooting for me. Maybe add an alternative one that can be swapped, that gives it different kind of shots? Fire rounds maybe?

The Strucker - the strat is underwelming. Maybe some other completely different fire mode?

STG-44 - sprite is ugly as sin and does not fit the rest of the guns. Maybe an option for different sprite that is a futuristic gun that fits the others?

Chillgrasp - pulling enemies to the side does not make sense without the throw (that was removed) - makes using the spell more awkward and janky than it should be as enemies jerked from the center of the crosshair where they could be used as shield/detonation to the side (often off a cliff) into places where they are less useful, and harder to keep on target than they should be.

Few option suggestions:

Please, separate the Gun smoke and Pickup Particle options ito separate - as of now they are bundled into one.

Toaster mode option could use an expansion into several separate things - Smoke amount, particle amount, additional effects (like shock streams from Augur shots for example), explosion complexity (like on BFG and Matriarch).

It would be really nice to have a "Loot Magnet" option that is separate from "Enemies blood turns into gold", because later basically disables blood and they are both bundled into a single "Loadsofmoney" option, and IMO having both blood and money magnet would be something a lot of players would use.

The difficulty options: currently the Weak spawns only weak, moderate - moderate and weak, tough spawns moderate and ttough, and masochists spawns only highest tier.
There is no option where low tier would ever spawn along highest tier, and IMO that's bad.
What I'd like to see is an option to spawn all tiers equally (random), rarity-by-rank (i.e. having 55% weak, 35% moderate 10% tough composition for example) or have ability to tweak weak/moderate/tough spawn separately.
Dinosaur_Nerd

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

Sinael wrote: Ironblast damage
Sorry you dont like it.
Sinael wrote: Special ammo for ironblast
Already did that.
Rutgers shellbox: use it.
Sinael wrote: Strucker strat
I like it the way it is.
Sinael wrote: STG-44 ugly
Yea kinda
I'm not very good at weapon sprites. I'll try to do better in the future.
Sinael wrote: Chillgrasp
Positioning monsters in front of the crosshair blocks your line of fire and obstructs vision.

I'm gonna pass on that suggestion.
Sinael wrote: Move all the particle filters around.
No, they do their job perfectly fine as they are.

Gore is demanding any time there are lots of monsters exploding all at once.
Particles are demanding any time there are too many barrels / items.
Toaster mode is for low end computers.

If you even have to think about disabling augur particles, you need toaster mode... all of toaster mode.

Gunsmoke should be part of toaster mode, not the particle filter. I'll check it tomorrow, but I think thats how it works currently.
Sinael wrote: Loot magnet
Collect a philosophers tome and it will collect gold at range.

If you are asking for a switch to just, give it for free; I'm not doing that.
Sinael wrote: Difficulty
Adjust the difficulty by playing on one of the difficulties chosen when you start a new game.

"Last of your Kind" is hard (i play on this difficulty)
"Wyrm" is easy (anything less than this is very easy)
Sinael wrote: Monster switches
This was all designed for dynamic progression, not toggle switches. The team worked very hard to produce the universally compatible dynamic system that is currently in place.

Monster selection switches for everything else are adequate in their current state.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”