Guncaster Vindicated 3.4.6

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
cs89

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.1.2

Post by cs89 »

I had to turn off the particle effects and gore effects too and it has solved my FPS problem.
I know that the gore effects aren't so essential on every wads.
Dinosaur_Nerd
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

cs89 wrote:I started to play Guncaster Vindicated with a megawad with lots of monsters (Zones of Fear) and on Map 15 there was so many effects our PC (Intel Core i7-7700 CPU, Geforce GTX 1060 6GB and 16GB DDR4 RAM) can't handle it.
I turned on the Toaster Mode and it didn't help much. I guess I have to turn off the gore effects too.
Valherran wrote: It's not recommended to run this MOD on a map with more than 1500 enemies otherwise it will cause frame drops. This MOD was tested under certain wad packs, but I don't think the one you mentioned was on that list. Sometimes maps with an extensive use of torches can also cause frame loss, try messing with the settings more if none of the former is the issue.
This mod is about to receive a MASSIVE tune-up on the optimization thanks to a tremendous amount of help and work from KeksDose, after the update it should be able to handle things like this much much better. (the improvement is on the order of 4 times faster performance)

My sincerest apologies for taking so long to get this next update out, I've been working on improving the performance of gore code as well as lots of script speed improvement (particularly for the adapter)

For this particular update, we gotta wait on the official update from the big man himself, since there are several surprises in store and I'm not about to spoil them ;)
Alptraum
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Alptraum »

Dinosaur_Nerd wrote:
cs89 wrote:I started to play Guncaster Vindicated with a megawad with lots of monsters (Zones of Fear) and on Map 15 there was so many effects our PC (Intel Core i7-7700 CPU, Geforce GTX 1060 6GB and 16GB DDR4 RAM) can't handle it.
I turned on the Toaster Mode and it didn't help much. I guess I have to turn off the gore effects too.
Valherran wrote: It's not recommended to run this MOD on a map with more than 1500 enemies otherwise it will cause frame drops. This MOD was tested under certain wad packs, but I don't think the one you mentioned was on that list. Sometimes maps with an extensive use of torches can also cause frame loss, try messing with the settings more if none of the former is the issue.
This mod is about to receive a MASSIVE tune-up on the optimization thanks to a tremendous amount of help and work from KeksDose, after the update it should be able to handle things like this much much better. (the improvement is on the order of 4 times faster performance)

My sincerest apologies for taking so long to get this next update out, I've been working on improving the performance of gore code as well as lots of script speed improvement (particularly for the adapter)

For this particular update, we gotta wait on the official update from the big man himself, since there are several surprises in store and I'm not about to spoil them ;)
keep up with the good work Dino ^^
grubfisher

Post by grubfisher »

Don't know why, but DoomLauncher doesn't like the latest version of Guncaster Vindicated. Says it's an improperly formed pk3. Also pretends that the mod isn't loading at all if you load it in using the zip instead of the pk3 file. Any ideas?
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

grubfisher wrote:Don't know why, but DoomLauncher doesn't like the latest version of Guncaster Vindicated. Says it's an improperly formed pk3. Also pretends that the mod isn't loading at all if you load it in using the zip instead of the pk3 file. Any ideas?
Try not using DoomLauncher and use something else like ZDL.
Dinosaur_Nerd

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.2.0

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

Happy halloween landlubbers!!!

lots of update stuff happened here... too much for me to list... for now, get out there and have some fun!
Morgul
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Morgul »

Dinosaur_Nerd wrote:

Happy halloween landlubbers!!!

lots of update stuff happened here... too much for me to list... for now, get out there and have some fun!
I knew it... saw this update coming with the new GC one
Thanks Dino <3
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

I was experimenting with some custom settings on a map pack, then got this VM abort crash cracking open a black chest.
Attachments
CrashReport.zip
(21.99 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
Dinosaur_Nerd

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.2.1

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

updating to version 3.2.1
Valherran wrote:I was experimenting with some custom settings on a map pack, then got this VM abort crash cracking open a black chest.
Thanks for the report. It's been fixed.
This was a result of the chest reaching a deferred list which I screwed up.

now... some update notes!

GC 3.5 notes:
Spoiler:
GCV Special stuff
Spoiler:
Dinosaur_Nerd

Re: Guncaster Vindicated 3.2.2

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

updating to fix a couple small bugs
Spoiler:
Hellmasker

Post by Hellmasker »

Heya!

It seems like the Bossfight with the Hell Smith is broken. (Vind08 - Portals of Chaos)

The 3 Maulotaurs are there, and after they die - nothing happens. The Boss itself won't spawn and the Portals won't open. :(

Unless I'm missing something here...
Dinosaur_Nerd

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

Hellmasker wrote:Heya!

It seems like the Bossfight with the Hell Smith is broken. (Vind08 - Portals of Chaos)

The 3 Maulotaurs are there, and after they die - nothing happens. The Boss itself won't spawn and the Portals won't open. :(

Something happened to the map somehow. I have re-scripted the entire encounter to use a more robust ACS method of handling it.

I was doing some testing tonight but I got interrupted by some other issues. I'll conclude testing tomorrow and post an update as soon as the testing proves effective.
Keep your eyes peeled for the update! I plan to post a fix 11/15/2019 at some time.
user5124

Post by user5124 »

Anyone else have trouble getting map progress triggers to fire in map09 of gd.wad? It's a very, very small level with a really straight forward progression and yet I'm just..stuck with no way to activate more enemies or open doors. I've beaten it repeatedly with other mods but I still wouldn't rule out a map bug...

EDIT: Even after resetting by doing "map map09", I still get the same result. :cry:
EDIT: More problems on map14 and map32. Looks like the gd.wad map set might not be compatible.
Last edited by user5124 on Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hellmasker

Post by Hellmasker »

Dinosaur_Nerd wrote:
Hellmasker wrote:Heya!

Something happened to the map somehow. I have re-scripted the entire encounter to use a more robust ACS method of handling it.

I was doing some testing tonight but I got interrupted by some other issues. I'll conclude testing tomorrow and post an update as soon as the testing proves effective.
Keep your eyes peeled for the update! I plan to post a fix 11/15/2019 at some time.
Alright, thank you! Will wait then :)
Dinosaur_Nerd

Post by Dinosaur_Nerd »

user5124 wrote:EDIT: Even after resetting by doing "map map09", I still get the same result. :cry:
EDIT: More problems on map14 and map32. Looks like the gd.wad map set might not be compatible.
map09 is the result of VERY VERY temperamental unstable voodoo script
you have to trigger the blue and red floor switches that open the doors to the revenants and hellknights within 15 seconds of your first shot, or the voodoo imp won't work properly.

You can switch to "Old School" monsters for better compatibility with this if you want. I'll extend my list of recommended favorite map packs as soon as I can.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”