[WIP] Desolate Spectrum 2.1 +Factotum & Final Doomer compat.

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Twitchy2019

Re: [WIP] Desolate Spectrum 2.1 +Factotum & Final Doomer com

Post by Twitchy2019 »

Have you ever thought about making a version of this mod that ditches the invisible enemies and perhaps making this mod strictly into something that acts as a replacement for the nightvision goggles? This mod would be very badass combined with Ultimate Doom Visor.
Pixel Eater

Location: In between the Moon and you, between the buried and me.

Post by Pixel Eater »

It was only intended as a powerup originally but not to replace anything and the code still allows for enemies to be visible too. I just got a creative spark to make it a gameplay mod. Anyone can rip out the code and adapt it into being a pickup if they want though.

"Ultimate Doom Visor"- I'll add that to the list of potential compatibility mods then :)
Pixel Eater

Post by Pixel Eater »

Added EriGuns 1&2:

Eriguns 1 Compat. Test
Eriguns 2 Compat. Test

Note that no monsters have been mapped or coded for Heretic or Hexen, I'm still doing DooM's :P
Twitchy2019

Post by Twitchy2019 »

If you combine this with Ultimate Doom Visor, your mod's download rate will potentially skyrocket. Even more so with a no invisible enemies version. Ultimate Doom Visor is a very popular Doom HUD mod that superimposes a helmet to the screen. Your mod would add more realistic value to Ultimate Doom Visor.
Pixel Eater

Post by Pixel Eater »

I could make a fully visible version easily enough once I've finished but it would still need endless spriting and monster definitions to work with every game/mod out there. So while they are a cool combination I doubt the author of UDV would consider merging projects :cheers:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”