Doom Tournament [1.2]

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
LossForWords

Re: Doom Tournament [WIP]

Post by LossForWords »

Marisa Kirisame wrote:You can increase the volume of tracker music in the options, by the way. I usually have it at 2.0.
i can't seem to find it.
leodoom85

Re: Doom Tournament [WIP]

Post by leodoom85 »

Well, here I did this...
Marisa the Magician
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Doom Tournament [Pre-Release]

Post by Marisa the Magician »

PS: I've submitted a pull request to gzdoom that will fix the backface issue with invisibility.
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

Considering ouch_m and abort_m I never expected something as straightforward as this from you, but UT99 weapons in Doom is like a dream to me. This is totally gonna be used a lot, and it's perfect timing to try out the updated Colourful Hell. Addendum: It's particularly impressive how all the finer details are in there, down to rocket launcher homing on enemies, shock combos. Even headshots (though the idea of headshotting a Cacodemon is too funny).
leodoom85 wrote:Well, here I did this...
>ASMR rifle

DOUBLE-EDIT: Comments and bugs now I've had a fair play of it. It was totally worth the pain of getting it to work.
  • Pulse rifle, ripper, and rocket launcher probably need buffing. Maybe also flak.
  • The backpack doesn't seem to double capacity despite it clearly being intended in the source.
  • The anti-grav boots don't carry over right to the next level (you get the jump SFX and however many jumps it had, but the jump height is standard, possibly the radiation shielding effect doesn't carry over either).
  • Translocator should probably be a toggle due to it letting you break sequence, and telefrag enemies.
A spoiler comment:
Spoiler:
Finally, a question. Does some of this depend on >OpenGL 2.1 because I get some model display issues. Shock rifle and bio rifle, keg and shield belt (you can see it a bit below and left of the crosshair), and the 3 keys don't glow. Also despite building a version of GZDoom with the backface fix, I notice when invisibility wears off the model is drawing back-to-front still. Is that a different issue?
Marisa the Magician

fakemai wrote:Pulse rifle, ripper, and rocket launcher probably need buffing. Maybe also flak.
They deal the same damage as in UT, but I see what you mean. I ought to rebalance everything to "Doom values" I guess...
fakemai wrote:The backpack doesn't seem to double capacity despite it clearly being intended in the source.
I couldn't really decide whether to double the ammo or not, but I guess I should, even if ammo counts above 199 look kinda weird in the HUD.
fakemai wrote:The anti-grav boots don't carry over right to the next level (you get the jump SFX and however many jumps it had, but the jump height is standard, possibly the radiation shielding effect doesn't carry over either).
Oops. Yeah, the powerups need to be made persistent.
fakemai wrote:Translocator should probably be a toggle due to it letting you break sequence, and telefrag enemies.
I'm looking into a way to make it toggleable without it being too convoluted.
fakemai wrote:
Spoiler:
Making it timed is also in the plans (I attempted to do it before but it didn't work pretty well, which is why I went for limited ammo instead)
fakemai wrote:Finally, a question. Does some of this depend on >OpenGL 2.1 because I get some model display issues. Shock rifle and bio rifle, keg and shield belt (you can see it a bit below and left of the crosshair), and the 3 keys don't glow. Also despite building a version of GZDoom with the backface fix, I notice when invisibility wears off the model is drawing back-to-front still. Is that a different issue?
Yeah, it uses shaders for many effects, including the ambient glow (which isn't compatible with brightmaps so I kinda hacked something in that embeds the brightness into the alpha channel (this breaks pickup models in GL <3.3 and software). The backface thing is still not fully fixed, I had to send in another PR because HUD models use different coordinate transforms (edit: it's already merged).
fakemai
Graphics Processor: Intel (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by fakemai »

Marisa Kirisame wrote:I couldn't really decide whether to double the ammo or not
Well how it is now, I haven't tried in vanilla but ammo is incredibly common when played with Colourful Hell, so even without the double capacity it didn't matter.
Marisa Kirisame wrote:Making it timed is also in the plans
Sweet. That'd definitely be the best option since even with low ammo it'd be a ticket out of any bad CH spawns, while the Redeemer and Translocator actually have serious downsides.
Marisa Kirisame wrote:Yeah, it uses shaders for many effects
Too easy. I'll just maintain a local branch with a few alterations to compensate, and rebuild at some point for that other bug. Model issues aside it's remarkably toaster-friendly.
Marisa the Magician

New batch of changes:
  • Rebalanced things across the board, buffing relatively weak weapons.
  • Double capacity with backpack for all ammo (Redeemer capacity is increased to 3, rather than doubled, and Enhanced Shock Rifle capacity is unaffected).
  • Made Enhanced Shock Rifle ammo drain over time (1 unit every 3 seconds).
  • Uncapped health and armor numbers in the HUD.
  • Fixed Jump Boots effects not persisting between levels.
  • Increased duration of invisibility (50s -> 80s).
  • Made translocator toggleable (currently requires manually selecting "apply changes" under the menu option).
  • Reduced extra ammo cost of Enhanced Shock Rifle Combo from +2 to +1.
  • Changed the HUD ammo bar drawing so it skips weapons that are out of ammo.
  • Block switching to Enhanced Shock Rifle when out of ammo.
  • Reduced the minimum velocity for landing sounds, should reduce the repeated thumping when walking down stairs.
  • Properly corrected the order weapon icons and ammo bars are drawn in.
Last edited by Marisa the Magician on Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Hotfix
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

M M M M M MONSTER MOD mod mod mod mod...

Yeeeah, what i want to say is that you have done a splendid job. Definitely feels like i'm playing the real Unreal Tournament. And the weapons feels so much great to use just like in the game. So yeah, noice work!
mutator

Post by mutator »

i know it will sound silly but where is the main download link?
mutator

Post by mutator »

nevermind i found it and i liked the mod, but you are able to pick up ammunition dropped from monsters when your health is full
Marisa the Magician

It's just a QoL improvement for me but I just reduced the whole MODELDEF hell this mod has by around 900 lines.
Matsilagi
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Matsilagi »

It's a really nice mod, however I would like to request a small feature, which is disable screen shake with Chainsaw and Impact Hammer. I don't remember Unreal doing that and even tho it's a cool addition, it's mostly due to motion sickness for me.

Aside from this, didn't find any problems. Just wished there was a nice Unreal Gold like megawad to go with it
Marisa the Magician

Matsilagi wrote:It's a really nice mod, however I would like to request a small feature, which is disable screen shake with Chainsaw and Impact Hammer. I don't remember Unreal doing that and even tho it's a cool addition, it's mostly due to motion sickness for me.
There is an option in display settings named "earthquake shake intensity" that you can lower if that's the case.
mutator

Post by mutator »

I meant to say you are able to pick up ammo when your ammunition is full
Marisa the Magician

New update: Translocator modules now use the same collision rules as the player (blocked by impassable and player-blocking lines), this prevents sequence breaking on various maps. This new feature bumps up the required GZDoom version (QZDoom doesn't have the BLOCKASPLAYER feature at the moment of writing this post), so make sure to fetch the latest devbuild.
mutator wrote:I meant to say you are able to pick up ammo when your ammunition is full
Are you sure? I don't see this happening at all. Are you running it with any other mods?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”