Ultra-Crispy (25/07/19) I update... again!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
elCreyo
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 12/Windows 10

Re: Ultra-Crispy (25/07/19) I update... again!

Post by elCreyo »

Hey. Nice to see an update.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

SiFi270 wrote:
Screenshot_Doom_20190726_112416.png
What are the orange-ish parts near the bottom of these napalm launchers supposed to be? At first I thought they were hands (But then I think that'd imply he has four? Because he'd need two more to pull each trigger) until I compared them to the sprite of him holding just one. There's nothing like it on the pickup sprite. Also, shouldn't the red part be on the left for both of them? On a lesser note, I kind of miss the old machete that showed Caleb's reflection.

Sorry for being so nitpicky, I don't know what's gotten into me.
Hi! It's because the sprites were mirrored for dual wield. Then, after some unholy flicks on image started to happen i just manually mirrored the frames and left their original offsets, so they are, in fact, hands. This is only a matter of manually editing them, maybe in the future.
MaxRideWizardLord wrote:Any chance you could add the 5:4 resolution support? Currently it's give me a hud that is unplayeble mess with numbers outside the screen bars and the upper part is flying a bit too down from top. Thank you in advance.
I don't know how to do that, but i'll work it when possible. Maybe you should try to mess around with GZDoom HUD settings?
MileenaKahnumm wrote:Actually started playing this again, then browsed the Gameplay Mods to see if there was anything new/Updates saw that there was an Update for this Immediately Downloaded. I enjoy this mod alot one of my absolute favs cause I love BLOOD and Caleb :) btw I'm new here had joined the ZDoom Forums sometime back but haven't really been active on here much I mean occasionally I come here and browse the forums(just not logged in) this is a REALLY GOOD mod :) I know Blood 2 has alot of weapons were there any plans for a Tesla Cannon? that'd be cool also maybe a Sniper Rifle? similar to Blood 2's sniper rifle, if not then that's totally fine this is still a GOOD mod :)
elCreyo wrote:Hey. Nice to see an update.
Thanks guys!
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

Nice to see you throwing out an update. Fire Emblem 3H is murdering my free time at the moment, but I'll get around to checking out the new version when I can.
Iniquitatis
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Iniquitatis »

Ouch, missed an update.

Love the new minigun! Now it's much more satisfying to use. =)
ANTARES74

Post by ANTARES74 »

I'm a longtime fan of Blood. I want to say thank you very much for this mod. It gets better with every update. What I personally lack is a good opportunity to kick the enemy. So add a kick himself minimodem.Can you fix this little misunderstanding?))
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

GAA1992 wrote:
MaxRideWizardLord wrote:Any chance you could add the 5:4 resolution support? Currently it's give me a hud that is unplayeble mess with numbers outside the screen bars and the upper part is flying a bit too down from top. Thank you in advance.
I don't know how to do that, but i'll work it when possible. Maybe you should try to mess around with GZDoom HUD settings?
I've tried to do that, but the best thing I can do is to get custom smaller hud which kinda kills all immersion. Plus it doesn't remove that annoying thing floating detached on top of the screen.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Thanks to you guys! A quick attack is definitely on the making. :)

Hope you are enjoying the new changes.

EDIT: BTW, gamingroom channel did a nice video of Caleb versus Brutal Doom monsters, check it out!

ANTARES74

Post by ANTARES74 »

Nice work boys! Looking forward to the development of this mod.The idea with the magic bow is not bad, but only as a Supplement to the existing Arsenal. I would also like to see some original weapons for melee.
TheEternalStruggler

Post by TheEternalStruggler »

I think a red chainsaw (ala Evil Dead II) would be cool for a melee option. I'd also suggest playing cards that you can throw, as well as slash with. Because that'd be neat.

Addon ideas that I can think of: Revolvers for Berettas, Tommygun to replace the Assault Rifle, with a hand grenade being lobbed replacing the alternate fire mode, a Pump Shotgun (that's different from the trenchgun I guess), and for fun...

Maybe throw in an angled BFG9000 or something from Duke 3D? As a joke I guess. :3

EDIT: I accidentally bumped a 1-month old thread without trying to, because I forgot to look at the date.
Darman Macray

Post by Darman Macray »

What's the monster-pack used in Doomenator's game-play video?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Eh, that's a good question. If Doomenator doesn't clarifies it in the video's description, i can't help but guessing it's just some Realm667 enemies tied together.
elCreyo
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 12/Windows 10

Post by elCreyo »

Thanks a lot for all the updates. I haven't played GZDoom in a while but this is an opportunity to play again.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

Go with slam-fire for the trenchgun's altfire.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Hey guys, this time i am not updating the game, but rather helping an old pal to sell his fish around.

Some time ago, LightBad96 (former The Thing Thing) asked me if he could make his own version of Ultra Crispy, where instead of Caleb, the player controls his avatar. It has lots of weapon sets to load out separately, lots of catchy one-liners and fun stuff,

Now he's redirecting the mod towards new horizons and again asked me about it.

Not only i authorized but i also am dropping his Youtube playlist so you can check it out while a official link isn't out. Light also says a version without one-liners (in case you don't like 'em) is in the oven, almost ready to come out within the latest updates.

Light/Crimson playlist

Have fun!
mick87
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by mick87 »

This is one of my favorite mod. I suggest you play it with this addon: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=69289

Return to “Gameplay Mods”