Ultra-Crispy (25/07/19) I update... again!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheEternalStruggler

Re: Ultra-Crispy (Playable WIP)

Post by TheEternalStruggler »

jablon1000 wrote:Hi. Nice mod, i have some ideas for weapons id like to share:

Idea 1: granade launcher for shotty. This mine dont work well, i think granade launcher will be better (using tnt ammo)

Idea 2: aerosol-like weapon but shoting something like steam or some kind of magic energy... you will no need make burning sprites for monsters to make it look good. B1 weapons mod have flamer maybe something like that?

Idea 3: Guard mode for life leech or energy beam for alt fire

Idea 4: Revolvers instead of berrettas

Idea 5: Pitchfork (b1 weapons mod have great electro pitchfork maybe something simillar?) or circual saw for second melee weapon

Idea 6: Slow regeneration for focus

How about that?
The Grenade Launcher is made redundant by the Napalm Launcher.

A powerful pump-action shotgun that pumps slowly would be badass.

Revolvers should be the equivalent of the Berettas in the old-timey class.

I think a Red-Colored Chainsaw would be neat. Then again I guess I'm thinking of it as an Evil Dead reference and a potential crowd-control weapon. Plus I can imagine the secondary being pretty good with a swinging chainsaw attack.

Your ideas don't sound half bad.

And GAA1992, I love the new Assault Rifle sprites! :mrgreen:
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

GAA1992 wrote:
chronoteeth wrote: gonna be sayin somethin that might be weird, but that gun sprite is just awful. not in the drawn sense, but its just almost too good if that makes sense. my mind wanders to mods where they take that base sprite and slap on a muzzle flash but using a combination of fancy effects and camera shifts + way too beefy firing sounds for it and you get a gun thats like gold: beautiful, but weak as hell
So, you mean the sprite doesn't match the style of the art overall? I think i understand that.

EDIT: Nice sprite you've made, BTW! Liked it.

EDIT 2: Okay then, Round 3.
SSS4-CHGFB0-2.png
Does this looks better?
that just looks fab!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

SSS4-MISGA0.png
SSS4-MISGA0.png (19.31 KiB) Viewed 1278 times
Re-did it. Let's see how this one goes.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

whatever's under the gun looks like its about to shoot his hand off lol
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I am making the animations so Caleb takes his arm off the gun first, like he's going to pull the trigger from behind with the left hand =p

EDIT: eeeehhnnnn i am not liking it. The weapon looks too gritty and photo-ish in game. I think i must continue my quest.
insightguy

Post by insightguy »

I kinda thought the first one was OK, barring the buttstock looking a bit off
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

The shading is a bit off, agreed. Hope you can find one decent Assault Rifle sprite! I'm sure there's plenty of them.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

GAA1992 wrote:I am making the animations so Caleb takes his arm off the gun first, like he's going to pull the trigger from behind with the left hand =p

EDIT: eeeehhnnnn i am not liking it. The weapon looks too gritty and photo-ish in game. I think i must continue my quest.
A thought. I think Railgunner's Trooper Mod has an AK-style weapon where the left hand is gripping the trigger of the grenade launcher on it, maybe ask him about using those? Make it look like Caleb is holding the trigger, so no need to animate the hand being removed?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Thanks for the tip! I am going to talk to him. :)
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

If you are interested in an old school weapon version, here is a sawed off. (creds: Monolith, Dzieran)
If you like it I can do the other weapons with these sleeves. I think fabric for old and leather for new works well.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I loved it!!! If you could pull the other sprites i'll gladly release them as an add-on (don't get me wrong, but i am not sure if i know how to do ACS for alternate skins) for the public. Thanks xenoxols!!!

Also, there's an update coming very very soon!!! Probably in a few hours, or even minutes!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: Ultra-Crispy (WIP) 24/05/18 2 new weapons and more!

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Annnd here it is!!!

In this update i added two new weapons, automatic reload for the shotgun, and some goodies that are worth reading the changelog. Some still are left to do, like the Chex Quest compatibility and the altfire for the Assault Rifle and the Machete, but stay sure this will happen in the future!

For those lazy to read the changelog, the assault rifle may be obtained in chainsaw or SSG places (or the jackhammer may spawn instead) and the vulcan cannon may spawn instead of the cursed heart on a low chance. Ammo for them may spawn instead of shotgun shells, and the Flare Gun may spawn instead of single boxes of explosive ammo.

Have fun for now!
Spoiler: READ ME, I AM THE CHANGELOG!
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

ImageImageImageImage
Am I on the right track?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Sweet holy jesus, you are. :shock:
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

@xenoxols Not bad, but I think the older Thompson with drum mag and foregrip would be a better fit than the M1A1 for a guy like Caleb.
@GAA1992 I have a list of feedback and suggestions regarding the current weapons so far:
  • The Beretta is sort of outclassed by the MAC-11 in terms of DPS and utility. Maybe the alt-fire modes could be swapped (Beretta gets suppressor, MAC-11 fires accurate 3-round burst)?
  • Pistol ammo capacity should be increased as well (to maybe around 300). The MAC should also get priority over the Beretta when selected.
  • The Jackhammer needs more damage. Alt-fire is also a mixed bag given that there's already dynamite - how about a slug firing mode instead?
  • The Assault Rifle needs a mite more damage (around 9-10) than the pistol-caliber weapons and the alt-fire doesn't work. Also, I think those M16 sprites you posted fit better than the AK.
  • Minigun could also do with higher damage (around 9-10). It should probably replace the BFG rather than the plasma rifle.
  • The Napalm Cannon needs more oomph in visuals and power. Maybe make the explosion release a wave of fire like the Flamewall from Rise of the Triad?
I'll think of more when the other weapons are in.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”