Ultra-Crispy (25/07/19) I update... again!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
erni945

Re: Ultra-Crispy (WIP) 24/05/18 2 new weapons and more!

Post by erni945 »

GAA1992 wrote:
Crudux Cruo wrote:Had to login just to comment how cool this mod is!
Thanks bub! hearing that from a Blood fan is a very good thing!
Apaul27 wrote:Play it with Brutal Doom Monsters to make it more tasty. :twisted:
I can also recommend Shades of Doom, Colorful Hell and Kriegsland Enemies (NO REGRETS) for the REAL Caleb x Nazis! =p
Mere_Duke wrote:Wow!
A very few thoughts:
1) Some weapons need reloadng. Like autoshotgun and rifle. (At least an option to turn reloading on/off.)
2) Menu is somewhat confusing.
3) FLARE PISTOL IS GODDAMN COOL. If only it worked like the original...

PS Where did you get those oneliners? I mean as a fan of Blood, I don't remember some of them :D Like the one that Caleb says when weapon is changed to Flare Pistol.

Nice work, as always!
1) The Jackhammer indeed needs this drawback, but it'll be more like the Final Doomer TNT SSG reload than a proper reload state ;)
2) Ohhhh, i kinda like it =(
3) Trust me, i wish i knew how to...

The one liners are edits from Blood 2, some from blood 1, some with edits in Audacity (most of the weapon pickups sounds are edited to be shorter and objective). I didn't wanted Caleb to spell the WHOLE line from Blood 2's Assault Rifle:

"An Assault Rifle. for when you want to kill EVERY PERSON IN THE ROOM, ACCEPT NOOOO SHUBSTITUSHES". - Yeah, Caleb could die until he finishes that, so i just slammed the Singularity Generator "now that doesn't sound good..." part in it =p
MaxRideWizardLord wrote:The name of the mod kinda implies that it heavily relies on flamethrower to cook the enmies. Can we have that, please?
In a near future, why not?
eharper256 wrote: GOD TIER FEEDBACK LIST
Sleep assured this will be taken account. But some small points:

"No Dynamite!" -BEEEEEP, look again! It's on slot 1 and it's a mixture bewteen the vanilla and proximity (fire launches one, altfire launches the other).

Basic Rifle Zombies seem to drop jackhammers? - Not on my side :s Maybe you loaded it with another enemy pack.
erni945 wrote:Hey GAA, recently I played Hexen on your mod and I noticed that for 3 hubs I did not get an assault rifle anywhere so I have to you, what item or weapon replaces the assault rifle in Hexen?
It's listed as the lightning spell in here, which is odd. I think i used the Ctrl+F to change some things and ereased some weapon spots for some ammo spawners. The Assault Rifle needs to be easier to get in the game =p

Also, don't forget that my Hexen mods should be played on the Bringest Them Oneth, otherwise you'll be very scarce in resources!

ALSO GUYS, erni945 updated both music patches from Kriegsland and Ultra-Crispy, so remember to download them for more and more songs!

I play even on a higher level of difficulty but I have not found it anyway :?
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

Playing this again, I love the blood 2 crossover, the balance, the everything. this is fun.
Awhile back you made a blood type variation of my drinking/smoking mod, (BDBU) you should totally have that as an add on, it would really fit.
elCreyo
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 12/Windows 10

Post by elCreyo »

Joined this forum recently. One of my favorite mods for Doom for sure. Thanks for putting my video in the main page.
erni945

Post by erni945 »

Hi GAA, I have a question for you, I know you mentioned it before, but if I played on a higher difficulty level than Bringest Them Oneth, will the game still look like on this level of difficulty or otherwise and I may have problems with my equipment?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

i believe Hexen's deafult behavior is to spawn all three class weapons in the second HUB instead of three medikits if you play on "Bringest Them Oneth". Playing on other difficulty levels may change spawners, and thus, i can't point out the exact location of them.

This will be fixed in the future. I believe the best workaround is to have each mana type spawn weapons that are worth their ammo values instead of ammo boxes, so no players would have problems.

Also, thanks for the suggestions and cheers, ElCreyo and Crudux Cruo!
elCreyo
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 12/Windows 10

Post by elCreyo »

There's one thing that is kinda bothering me. The position of the napalm launcher feels a bit off. Here's a comparison.

Original Blood
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 2945_1.jpg

Ultra Crispy
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... 062739.png

Also, I don't think it's that important but Caleb's crouching animation (or should I say crawling animation?) is missing like one frame or something. Sometimes I'm using 3rd person view, so I just had to point it out. :3:

By the way, I just downloaded the music addon. It makes the game even better. :mrgreen:
Mere_Duke

Post by Mere_Duke »

Here's the mod: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=35604
It has a Spray Can like in Blood, and also has pretty cool burn death anim (not classic, but still cool).
Probably you can borrow it for UltraCrispy?
ZioMcCall

Post by ZioMcCall »

Oh god,dat beretta have a really familiar sound when firing.
A sound that remember me a freak with a rocket launcher for an arm :D
a.dusty.taco

Post by a.dusty.taco »

Everything is awesome with this mod. But, The dynamite seems just a little weak. Maybe a little bit of DOT from the Flare gun and Napalm launcher could be cool or some fire left on the ground for a short time.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

Got a couple of issues to report. First, neither of the HUDs work properly in 4:3, which I kind of have to use at the moment because I'm on vacation with a laptop that can't handle GZDoom as well as my usual computer. Second, picking up the berserk replacement with less than 25 HP gives the original Doom's "medikit you REALLY need!" message, or whatever replaces it in wads like FreeDoom.

edit: The first thing isn't as much of an issue now that I've figured out how to use the vid_setscale cvar.
Midnight_King

Post by Midnight_King »

Enjoying this quite a bit with Heretic. Good work.
delroku

Post by delroku »

I love the mod althought there's some small issues with Zblood, the running naked guys seem to appear as <!> signs on GZdoom.
this is my load order in case i'm just loading something in the wrong way:

-ZBloody_Hell_v186.pk3
-Ultra Crispy.pk3
-ketchupV5r.pk3

IWAD: zbloody_hell.wad

which Blood TC would you recommend to play with? there's probably one more compatible with this?

On the other hand, great mod, do you still work in it? like, maybe you plan to add more weapons?...
bcus everyone loves more weapons... and features... you could like... make kinda like a "Brutal blood" (sorry for the comparison, i get some modders kinda get bored of hearing that name so often but it's a nice way to sum up a game made up again with features that maybe nobody asked for but everybody loves... kinda)
anyway don't listen to me still, just as it is works great.
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

delroku wrote:I love the mod althought there's some small issues with Zblood, the running naked guys seem to appear as <!> signs on GZdoom.

-ZBloody_Hell_v186.pk3
-Ultra Crispy.pk3
-ketchupV5r.pk3

which Blood TC would you recommend to play with? there's probably one more compatible with this?
You run this MOD with Doom, Heretic, or Hexen. Not ZBloody_Hell.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Really? Cause I got it to work with ZBloody Hell no problem...
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

elCreyo wrote: Napalm Launcher and Crouching Animation
Thanks pal. I'll look to it when possible.
Mere_Duke wrote:Here's the mod:
I cannot promise anything, but it's a great idea.
ZioMcCall wrote:Oh god,dat beretta have a really familiar sound when firing.
A sound that remember me a freak with a rocket launcher for an arm :D
What i don't recall, is if i got the sound from Killing Floor or F.E.A.R..
a.dusty.taco wrote:Everything is awesome with this mod. But, The dynamite seems just a little weak. Maybe a little bit of DOT from the Flare gun and Napalm launcher could be cool or some fire left on the ground for a short time.
Thanks. Balance is highly needed ATM.
SiFi270 wrote:Got a couple of issues to report. First, neither of the HUDs work properly in 4:3, which I kind of have to use at the moment because I'm on vacation with a laptop that can't handle GZDoom as well as my usual computer. Second, picking up the berserk replacement with less than 25 HP gives the original Doom's "medikit you REALLY need!" message, or whatever replaces it in wads like FreeDoom.

edit: The first thing isn't as much of an issue now that I've figured out how to use the vid_setscale cvar.
The medikit is pretty easy to fix, but the HUD will be a pain in the ass to do, as i can't figure out how to make it look cool without bugging Caleb's hat.
Midnight_King wrote:Enjoying this quite a bit with Heretic. Good work.
Thank you very much. Try it out in Hexen too.
delroku wrote:I love the mod althought there's some small issues with Zblood, the running naked guys seem to appear as <!> signs on GZdoom.

-ZBloody_Hell_v186.pk3
-Ultra Crispy.pk3
-ketchupV5r.pk3

On the other hand, great mod, do you still work in it? like, maybe you plan to add more weapons?...
bcus everyone loves more weapons... and features... you could like... make kinda like a "Brutal blood" (sorry for the comparison, i get some modders kinda get bored of hearing that name so often but it's a nice way to sum up a game made up again with features that maybe nobody asked for but everybody loves... kinda)
anyway don't listen to me still, just as it is works great.
I've played it with ZBloodyHell 1.84, so i can't point out what's exactly causing the issue... Maybe (or probably) your Ketchup V5 is trying to replace something, as it messes enemies (and blood) very badly. Try Droplets by SidDoyle or Nashgore by Nash. I would also recommend DBThanatos blood patch, but you would need to remove the custom Super Shotgun from there.

I plan to change some skins, add some new alternate fire modes and maybe some weapons, yes. But making it into a full "Brutal" project is totally out of my scope, as you can see that all my projects are very open for compatibility when possible.

Thank you guys very much for playing it, hope you all don't mind the long wait. But i am stuck in another project and i won't change my focus until i get it finished.

;)

Return to “Gameplay Mods”