Ultra-Crispy (25/07/19) I update... again!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
shadstarn

Re: Ultra-Crispy (Playable WIP)

Post by shadstarn »

i honestly did think it was some sort of refferance to how jews were in auskwitz ... also there was a train in one of the stages with those barrels and to me it connected to what natzis did to jews in auskqitz
its not something i just said right now it honestly was my intrepretation all the time.. and i really thought it was sick in a bad way sick .. in all ways and manners....
thats why didnt like it when i saw it in the game now...
to me they look like human parts in a barrel.
Cyanide
Spotlight Team

Post by Cyanide »

This is great so far! Always a fan of a weapon mod, that doesn't mess around with the monsters. :D

Looking forward to future updates.
Korell

Post by Korell »

Just tried it out with the various WAD files, and to try out the different weapons. Love the feel of the weapons and Caleb's voice lines. :)

A couple of issues that I've noticed. Firstly, when playing Heretic or Hexen there is no visible menu selector on the main menu (but in Doom, Freedoom and Hacx 2.0 you get the skull icon). Secondly, the HUD appears to be set for a 16:9 resolution, so on my current 16:10 screen the edges are cut off. Whilst the normal HUD only loses a small part of the decorative gargoyle at the left, the fullscreen HUD loses parts of the numbers at either edge, and further to this, the HUD doesn't change size when you change the HUD scaling values.
Doomenator

Post by Doomenator »

GAA1992 wrote:I'll try a CVAR for them. It's a vicious recycling of resources, you know.
It's not necessary. Just use the standard decals. Or make unique names for all decals with a description in a single decaldef file. This will make it much easier to edit or delete any decals without affecting other files. I've already written to you about it. :?
Juste_ssgunner

Post by Juste_ssgunner »

nice wad its very fun
good job :)
i like the shotguns :shotty:
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Heh, possible flavor suggestions:
1. Blood-themed difficulty names
2. Have the score screen after each level do the Blood 'chorus of screams' track. :D

Also, this mod goes rather well with the Hexen 2 texture patch.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Jussssst to prove i wasn't lying =p

The sniper rifle might be replaced, though.

The authors, from left to right: jazzmaster9, Dzierzan, Necronxxis and Necronxxis + Helstorm Archon i believe.*
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

Cool! The Punisher logo might not be the greatest fit though. Maybe you could use the bloody hand from the cover?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Maybe yes! That logo is just a leftover from a cancelled Punisher mod i was making. :)
Juste_ssgunner

Post by Juste_ssgunner »

hi GAA1992 this wad work on zdoom??? thanks :)
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I can't say for sure. The oldest ZDoom i have here is... 2.7.1. And it probably won't work very well, due to having some "recent" functions, such as A_WeaponOffset. This is why i think it doesn't work (here, at least) on Zandronum, unfortunately.
TheLightBad96
Location: Jonathan Crimson pleased to make your acquaintance.

Post by TheLightBad96 »

GAA1992 wrote: New Guns :D
Spoiler:
By the power of greyskull you did come through with it GAA1992 . I mean I love the looks of the M16 but the Punisher Logo probably has to go, Bonus Points for the M203.

The Tesla Gun "The sprite beside the Sniper Rifle" probably wont fit for this mod considering that this was probably an attempt to go for more of the Blood 2 style "Modern Day/Cyberpunk with Supernatural Themes" as opposed to the Blood 1 style " Late 1920's to Mid 1930's with classic science fiction stuff added for the fun of it" But sprite on the right of it might fit as the Tesla Cannon. but yet again it's just a personal preference. nothing that would probably detract from gameplay.

Not sure on the whole sniper rifle though, I mean sure it looks pretty nice but how is it going to be implemented to fit with the themes of the mod.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Actually, in order, those were meant to represent (mostly) Blood 2 weapons; The first is the game's Barrett (Which is one of the main things Term warned me about: The mod lacks weapons with good precision). The second is a version for the tesla cannon made for Dzierzan's weapon mod, which i really loved when i came across, because that Tesla Coil in the upper end just makes it even more fantastic.

the Third is a amazing rip by Necronxxis (of the original Blood 2, nothing made up!) of the Singularity Generator, and those were chosen to fit in the game as a combo, just like Plasma Rifle/BFG in vanilla Doom.

Ye, i am starting to think that punisher logo isn't really fit to the theme. But i do like it :v
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

I like this version of the Tesla gun actually. Blood isn't Blood without a Tesla weapon. And the Barret would be a fun weapon to use, just give it explosive bullets. :mrgreen:
namsan
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by namsan »

I think there are too few explosive ammunition. I want to use flare guns and napalm cannons more, but there are not enough ammunition.
And I also think there are too many dynamites.
Dynamites are good for nearby enemies, but useless against far enemies. So I don't need them too much.(I love dynamites, though)

Currently, explosive ammo and dynamites are spawning in the ratio of 6:4 in this mod.
So I think 8:2 or 7:2 are more balanced choice for this.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”