[Blade of Agony] Personal Addon & Confiscated Weapons!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [Blade of Agony] Personal Addon & Confiscated Weapons!

Postby ZikShadow » Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:57 am

Added a second link that has a launcher-compat version. Figured a lot of people are probably going to ask me how to install the thing, and constantly having to tell the lot to use a different launcher would probably bite me in the caboose long term. Note that the second link doesn't have the defaulter, since it's useless with BoA being run as a standalone game instead of a Doom PWAD.
ZikShadow

Postby mrtaterz » Sat Jul 10, 2021 12:06 pm

I love this idea. The M1 Thompson is one of my favorite weapons and it's an eyebrow raiser to not have it in a WW2 game, for sure. Glad to see you bringing classics back through the Confiscated Weapons Mod. Did you know Medal of Honor: Underground had almost no Allied weapons as well?
mrtaterz
aka GooseJelly

Discord: GooseJelly#8476
Twitch ID: thebigchez420
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby ZikShadow » Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:09 pm

I haven't played the PS1 originals, I'm afraid. Played MoHAA plenty, though.
ZikShadow

Postby Delinquent » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:32 am

Quick question, how would I go about adding Use-to-Pickup into the game? BOA has its own "efficiency" add-on which seems to do something similar, but the official add-ons seem to be giving me some weird errors, so I'm not sure if I can use that.
Delinquent

Github ID: Jaron

Postby ZikShadow » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:50 pm

I think I mentioned that I don't actually use BoA's launcher whenever I'm playing that mod. I just use ZDL and use my usual GZD setup.
It's a bit fiddly if you don't know how to set up such launchers, but the positives is that you can run any mod with universal compatibility and it'll work fine with BoA.

https://i.imgur.com/aBTZORE.jpg

Like say for instance, DeusDoom and Corruption Cards. I think something like Flipper'll work as well? Basically a much more liberating system than using the launcher that requires any installed mods to specifically be made for BoA complete with launcher specifications.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... -03-53.mp4
ZikShadow

Postby ZikShadow » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:48 pm

Updated Personal Addon with some minor stuff.

- Kar98K now ejects casings in the middle of the bolt sequence instead of right when it fires.
- Tesla Cannon given new sounds, hopefully it'll fare better in the feedback category.
- Astrostein and Tesla weapons given zappy sounds for the dryfire instead of gunclicking.
ZikShadow

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods