[v2.5] CHAMPIONS - Multicoloured Death Awaits!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [v2.5] CHAMPIONS - Multicoloured Death Awaits!

Postby Rtma » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:31 am

Edited for another report, Is it intentional that Titan monster variant aren't infightable?
Last edited by Rtma on Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:10 am, edited 4 times in total.
User avatar
Rtma
The Almighty Dragon
 
Joined: 08 Apr 2017

Re: [v2.5] CHAMPIONS - Multicoloured Death Awaits!

Postby doomfiend » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:36 pm

Judging from the picture I seen on the first page, would it be possible for one to restore the monsters eye colour to their default for lets say imps and demons? it looks weird from what I saw, the green enemies make it look like those plastic toy army-men 3D models xD
also looks a bit strange the teeth on the imps and tongue are all that same shade. I'm more than likely gonna try this out on a stream at some point, could be hella fun :O
User avatar
doomfiend
 
Joined: 27 Aug 2006
Location: some where

Re: [v2.5] CHAMPIONS - Multicoloured Death Awaits!

Postby Rtma » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:57 am

Is this mod being updated at all? the Crashing is a motivational killer.

Talon1024 wrote:I see what's causing the array index to go out of bounds.

champion_Bundle.champions_DropItems(int drops) has a loop that removes items from the DropItems array, but the "drops" argument is not modified to account for the shrinkage.

Adding this at the beginning of the for loop fixes the bug:
Code: Select allExpand view
if (i >= DropItems.Size()) break;


This works, thank you for restoring functionality.
User avatar
Rtma
The Almighty Dragon
 
Joined: 08 Apr 2017

Re: [v2.5] CHAMPIONS - Multicoloured Death Awaits!

Postby Keldian » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:12 pm

Need patches for Hideous Destructor and Doom RPG SE
Keldian
 
Joined: 03 Apr 2018
Location: Russian Federation, Koroľov

Re: [v2.5] CHAMPIONS - Multicoloured Death Awaits!

Postby Rtma » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:46 am

Thoughts on a few of the variants, suggestions even, I don't know about other's but improving white and dark green champion creep generators since they can be mainly trivial by keeping distance, how about their attacks also apply a lesser slowing and minor Poison damage over time effect accordingly if hit by the monsters attack? could be based on damage, light blue champions could also repel/push you depending on damage. although that could be exasperating.
Also those healing items from bundle drops, can we get them to super heal above 200? like Brutal Dooms Health bonus pickups.
Speaking of Brutal Doom, I've noticed, if this is isolated to that mod or in general, that Explosive weapons sometimes bypass certain abilities like Indigo splitting or Orange exploding on death champions, also that Indigo spawns have the same health as their original counterpart in brutal doom but smaller and harder to hit despite stating splitting into 2 weaker versions.
Last edited by Rtma on Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Rtma
The Almighty Dragon
 
Joined: 08 Apr 2017

Re: [v2.5] CHAMPIONS - Multicoloured Death Awaits!

Postby hornbuckle0wns » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:37 am

So where do you insert that code? I dont really see any obvious right spot to put the loop break. Great mod btw. But please, patch this in if you're still working on it. I think the mod's pretty much done otherwise, maybe a couple more boss mutations would be nice?
hornbuckle0wns
 
Joined: 16 Apr 2016

Re: [v2.5] CHAMPIONS - Multicoloured Death Awaits!

Postby Rtma » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:04 pm

hornbuckle0wns wrote:So where do you insert that code? I dont really see any obvious right spot to put the loop break.


Took me a while to line up and figure out. BUT. I'll upload this *lazy* fix version to those that don't and/or can't figure it out themselves, your welcome in advance. :wink:
Download Here.
User avatar
Rtma
The Almighty Dragon
 
Joined: 08 Apr 2017

Re: [v2.5] CHAMPIONS - Multicoloured Death Awaits!

Postby Rtma » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:44 am

Could you do something about optimization? larger clusterf**K maps tend to slow down dramatically to an unplayable mess with Brutal Doom, try Sunlust map 24 from the start (GZDoom) and 25 in combat, you'll see what I mean, if you can do anything about that then that would be great.
User avatar
Rtma
The Almighty Dragon
 
Joined: 08 Apr 2017

Re: [v2.5] CHAMPIONS - Multicoloured Death Awaits!

Postby Nems » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:42 pm

Rtma wrote:Could you do something about optimization? larger clusterf**K maps tend to slow down dramatically to an unplayable mess with Brutal Doom, try Sunlust map 24 from the start (GZDoom) and 25 in combat, you'll see what I mean, if you can do anything about that then that would be great.


That sounds more like a Brutal Doom issue, not necessarily a Champions issue. Brutal Doom adds a lot of additional sprites with the gore effects. The thingcount in map 24 map already exceeds 2500 (if you're playing on UV then over 1800 of those things on that map are monsters).

GZDoom in particular doesn't play well with slaughtermaps/slaughterwads to start with even without throwing mods into the mix, based on my experiences. As soon as you start throwing mods in, that already shaky performance gets worse depending on what mods are used. Mods that just replace weapons, like Russian Overkill or Trailblazer, have less of an impact on slaughtermaps/slaughterwads than mods that replace both monsters and weapons.
User avatar
Nems
Wait what
 
Joined: 12 Jan 2005
Location: I don't even

Re: [v2.5] CHAMPIONS - Multicoloured Death Awaits!

Postby Rtma » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:24 pm

Nems wrote:That sounds more like a Brutal Doom issue, not necessarily a Champions issue. Brutal Doom adds a lot of additional sprites with the gore effects. The thingcount in map 24 map already exceeds 2500 (if you're playing on UV then over 1800 of those things on that map are monsters).

GZDoom in particular doesn't play well with slaughtermaps/slaughterwads to start with even without throwing mods into the mix, based on my experiences. As soon as you start throwing mods in, that already shaky performance gets worse depending on what mods are used. Mods that just replace weapons, like Russian Overkill or Trailblazer, have less of an impact on slaughtermaps/slaughterwads than mods that replace both monsters and weapons.


Not sure what to say, thanks for responding, I surmised just by playing that when I turned the champions numbers off the performance increased so wasn't sure of the correlation, seems like everything else, most other maps are playable, it's just these slaughter maps that are concern, recommendations? suggestions?
User avatar
Rtma
The Almighty Dragon
 
Joined: 08 Apr 2017

Previous

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BerserkerNoir and 8 guests