Zagemod (v1.3.6 RELEASED, Page 16)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Zagemod (v1.2.1 Released, Page 3)

Postby StroggVorbis » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:03 am

The Sig-Cow can't be reloaded with the bayonet attached. Understandable, seeing as there probably is no sprite sheet for that. Just thought I'd mention it.
User avatar
StroggVorbis
Donut eat me pls!
 
Joined: 08 Nov 2017
Location: Germany
Operating System: Windows Vista/7 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Zagemod (v1.2.1 Released, Page 3)

Postby silentzora » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:04 am

DabbingSquidward wrote:The Sig-Cow can't be reloaded with the bayonet attached. Understandable, seeing as there probably is no sprite sheet for that. Just thought I'd mention it.

Yep, I knew about that. Since there's no sprite of the bayonet from an angle, I just had to make do.
User avatar
silentzora
Dead from the neck up. Also dead from the neck down.
 
Joined: 05 Jan 2004
Discord: silentzorah#1233

Re: Zagemod (v1.2.1 Released, Page 3)

Postby Dwailing » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:47 pm

A thought: since right now STGuy is basically just Doomguy with extra weapons, maybe the chaingun, rocket launcher, plasma gun, and BFG 9K should be removed from STGuy leaving him with the Skulltag weapons filling those slots? There isn't a huge reason to play Doomguy instead of STGuy right now unless you just want an enhanced version of the base game's arsenal. It's up to you, of course, just my 2 cents.
Dwailing
 
Joined: 28 Jun 2017
Discord: 5896
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Re: Zagemod (v1.2.1 Released, Page 3)

Postby silentzora » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:32 pm

So, I've been reading some comments the last month or so, and a few folks have asked for a unique shotgun for the 64 Guy. I just had to oblige.



Here's a look at the Tactical Shotgun, a unique weapon to the 64 Guy class. On the surface, it's statistically identical to the standard Shotgun, with one minor twist - When the UAC issues this weapon to personnel, they also stock them with patented HydraGas grenades. These projectiles spew corrosive hydrochloric gas that eats away at flesh and metal alike. That being said, don't breathe this.

The Tactical Shotgun will be included in v1.2.2, which will release before Christmas.
User avatar
silentzora
Dead from the neck up. Also dead from the neck down.
 
Joined: 05 Jan 2004
Discord: silentzorah#1233

Re: Zagemod (v1.2.2 Released, Page 4)

Postby silentzora » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:34 pm

Aaaaaand v1.2.2 is out now! MAJOR thanks to Captain J, who put together the sprites for the new player class!

Download Zagemod v1.2.2

Changelog:
Spoiler:
User avatar
silentzora
Dead from the neck up. Also dead from the neck down.
 
Joined: 05 Jan 2004
Discord: silentzorah#1233

Re: Zagemod (v1.2.2 Released, Page 4)

Postby Gideon020 » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:55 pm

My only complaint about the new version was that Plasma Prototype was an awesomely appropriate name for AlphaGuy's plasma weapon. :P
Gideon020
Fanboy
 
Joined: 28 Sep 2015

Re: Zagemod (v1.2.2 Released, Page 4)

Postby silentzora » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:56 pm

Gideon020 wrote:My only complaint about the new version was that Plasma Prototype was an awesomely appropriate name for AlphaGuy's plasma weapon. :P

I don't mind changing it back, y'know. I'll revert that change in the next version. ;)

EDIT: Changed it back for this release instead. It's just a text string, so why not?
User avatar
silentzora
Dead from the neck up. Also dead from the neck down.
 
Joined: 05 Jan 2004
Discord: silentzorah#1233

Re: Zagemod (v1.2.2 Released, Page 4)

Postby namsan » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:54 am

Wow, new update!
Thanks for adding unique weapons to 64 guy.
I love gas greandes.
User avatar
namsan
Loves English but hates Revenants
 
Joined: 31 Mar 2012
Location: Japan
Discord: Namsan#8146

Re: Zagemod (v1.2.2 Released, Page 4)

Postby namsan » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:18 am

Hey, I realized there is a minor problem.
Loading mapsets with own HUD font after this mod will override HUD font of this mod.
it usually makes three-digit numbers unreadable because this mod uses small fonts for HUD, and fonts of mapsets are bigger than them.

I fixed this problem by defining a new font, and renaming font PNGs.
So HUD font of mapsets won't override this mod's HUD font.
I attached the patch to this post.
Attachments
zagefontfix.wad
(27.04 KiB) Downloaded 32 times
User avatar
namsan
Loves English but hates Revenants
 
Joined: 31 Mar 2012
Location: Japan
Discord: Namsan#8146

Re: Zagemod (v1.2.2 Released, Page 4)

Postby silentzora » Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:20 am

namsan wrote:Hey, I realized there is a minor problem.
Loading mapsets with own HUD font after this mod will override HUD font of this mod.
it usually makes three-digit numbers unreadable because this mod uses small fonts for HUD, and fonts of mapsets are bigger than them.

I fixed this problem by defining a new font, and renaming font PNGs.
So HUD font of mapsets won't override this mod's HUD font.
I attached the patch to this post.

Awesome. I'll include this in the Extras folder for the next release, should come in handy. Thanks!
User avatar
silentzora
Dead from the neck up. Also dead from the neck down.
 
Joined: 05 Jan 2004
Discord: silentzorah#1233

Re: Zagemod (v1.2.2 Released, Page 4)

Postby Gideon020 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:05 am

So I noticed that some of the guns have a flashlight secondary, but when I try to activate it, the gun just clicks and there's nothing happening. No other mods loaded with this one, so I dunno if they've been implemented or not.
Gideon020
Fanboy
 
Joined: 28 Sep 2015

Re: Zagemod (v1.2.2 Released, Page 4)

Postby StroggVorbis » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:12 am

Gideon020 wrote:So I noticed that some of the guns have a flashlight secondary, but when I try to activate it, the gun just clicks and there's nothing happening. No other mods loaded with this one, so I dunno if they've been implemented or not.


Did you disable dynamic lighting?
User avatar
StroggVorbis
Donut eat me pls!
 
Joined: 08 Nov 2017
Location: Germany
Operating System: Windows Vista/7 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Zagemod (v1.2.2 Released, Page 4)

Postby Gideon020 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:43 am

DabbingSquidward wrote:Did you disable dynamic lighting?


Oh...
Gideon020
Fanboy
 
Joined: 28 Sep 2015

Re: Zagemod (v1.2.2 Released, Page 4)

Postby Twitchy2019 » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:24 pm

OK, so, I checked out the weapons for this mod. One complaint I have is why are there weapons that need to be reloaded and others that do not? Mods like Brutal Doom and others stick to either reloading for all the weapons or not at all. Why are the weapons done the way they are here?
User avatar
Twitchy2019
Your friendly neighborhood asskicker.
 
Joined: 05 Jan 2017
Location: My Foot,Your Face! (Team Monster)

Re: Zagemod (v1.2.2 Released, Page 4)

Postby silentzora » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:26 pm

warman2012 wrote:OK, so, I checked out the weapons for this mod. One complaint I have is why are there weapons that need to be reloaded and others that do not? Mods like Brutal Doom and others stick to either reloading for all the weapons or not at all. Why are the weapons done the way they are here?

It's just some rule I laid out for myself for this project, where box magazines need to be replaced, shells need to be pumped, but cell-based weaponry and belt-fed weapons generally do not.
User avatar
silentzora
Dead from the neck up. Also dead from the neck down.
 
Joined: 05 Jan 2004
Discord: silentzorah#1233

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bingojohnson, Funky Gnoll, Simple Pie [RSS], Starman the Blaziken, TheOldKingCole and 17 guests