Page 14 of 17

Re: Zagemod (v1.3.3 Released, Page 12)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:41 am
by Thorogrimm
silentzora wrote:How's this look, Thorogrimm? Better?


Also, MAJOR thanks to Kinsie for providing updated code and portraits for the player selection menu!


MUCH BETTER! I love it, thanks! :)

Re: Zagemod (v1.3.4 Released, Page 14)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:18 pm
by silentzora
Zagemod v1.3.4 is now live!



Download Zagemod v1.3.4

Changelog:
Spoiler:

Re: Zagemod (v1.3.4 Released, Page 14)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:41 am
by Captain J
Very cool and most wanted Update of all time. Nice work!

Screenshot_Doom_20190629_163812.PNG
However, i was wondering, would you care for making Zoragirl's katama widescreen friendly? Because it's not really friendly on my 1680x1050 Monitor!

Re: Zagemod (v1.3.4 Released, Page 14)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:26 am
by namsan
Hey thanks for the update.
I like nightmare imps.

I think kicking could use a bit longer cool-down time to emphasize its attack power, because I think current doomguys kick bit too fast.

Re: Zagemod (v1.3.4 Released, Page 14)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:03 am
by silentzora
Captain J wrote:However, i was wondering, would you care for making Zoragirl's katama widescreen friendly? Because it's not really friendly on my 1680x1050 Monitor!

Consider it done.
Screenshot_Doom_20190629_105636.png

It's just a quick hackjob, but it works. Download link has been updated with the hotfix.

namsan wrote:I think kicking could use a bit longer cool-down time to emphasize its attack power, because I think current doomguys kick bit too fast.

The kick only does five more damage than the standard punch - Its main use is kickback or just striking an enemy that got too close now. I'll see if I can add an extra frame or two in-between, but that's about it. I don't want the player to be defenseless.

Re: Zagemod (v1.3.4 Released, Page 14)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:54 am
by Thorogrimm
Hi. Just gotta say how impressed I am with this new update, many welcome changes have been implemented and the overall gameplay feels much better. I'm loving the new hud as it isn't so specific to the current class you chose, and the new enemy variants are terrific! Helmets off to you :)

Just a quick note, I seem to keep getting the error 'runaway script "HB_loop" terminated'?

Re: Zagemod (v1.3.4 Released, Page 14)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:33 pm
by silentzora
Thorogrimm wrote:Just a quick note, I seem to keep getting the error 'runaway script "HB_loop" terminated'?

Seems to be a problem with the heartbeat loop. For some reason, the hb_delay CVAR doesn't set right, and defaults to zero. I'll hardcode the script to have a delay of 30 (what the default should be) and see if that resolves the issue.

Download has been updated with the second hotfix.

Re: Zagemod (v1.3.4 Released, Page 14)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:30 pm
by Iniquitatis
While I love the NC HUD, I still don't think it fits nicely with vanilla-style mods. Maybe it could be an optional thing?

Also, this goddamn line between the barrels and a muzzle flash has been annoyed me for years in various mods. IIRC, it's a GZDoom bug (I honestly can't call it a feature), but it could be avoided by merging the weapon with its flash into a single sprite.

Re: Zagemod (v1.3.4 Released, Page 14)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:41 pm
by silentzora
Iniquitatis wrote:While I love the NC HUD, I still don't think it fits nicely with vanilla-style mods. Maybe it could be an optional thing?

Also, this goddamn line between the barrels and a muzzle flash has been annoyed me for years in various mods. IIRC, it's a GZDoom bug (I honestly can't call it a feature), but it could be avoided by merging the weapon with its flash into a single sprite.

I don't know how I would be able to make the HUD optional. From what I understand, it involves setting a HUD class in MAPINFO. I don't know ZScript for shit, so I'm not sure how I would go about rewriting the original Zagemod HUD code to ZScript, or making the old HUD a toggle-able thing. If someone else has any suggestions on this, please let me know, as I would like to make the original HUD an optional feature.

With the "line between barrels" thing with the SSG, I'm not sure I understand what line you're talking about. However, rest assured, the muzzle flash has been merged with the weapon sprite in Zagemod's case, and has been since its initial release. I don't know how I would go about fixing this.

Re: Zagemod (v1.3.4 Released, Page 14)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:43 pm
by phantombeta
Iniquitatis wrote:Also, this goddamn line between the barrels and a muzzle flash has been annoyed me for years in various mods. IIRC, it's a GZDoom bug (I honestly can't call it a feature), but it could be avoided by merging the weapon with its flash into a single sprite.

It's not a bug at all. It's simply what happens if you include part of the weapon sprite in the muzzleflash and make the muzzleflash fullbright. Even vanilla (with the original EXE) has this with its sprites. What can and should be done in such cases is to only include the flash itself in the flash sprite.
Though, based on silentzora's post, this isn't even that issue - it's just an error in the firing sprite itself.

Re: Zagemod (v1.3.4 Released, Page 14)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:36 pm
by Iniquitatis
silentzora wrote:snip


I'm talking about this horizontal line.


phantombeta wrote:It's not a bug at all. It's simply what happens if you include part of the weapon sprite in the muzzleflash and make the muzzleflash fullbright. Even vanilla (with the original EXE) has this with its sprites. What can and should be done in such cases is to only include the flash itself in the flash sprite.
Though, based on silentzora's post, this isn't even that issue - it's just an error in the firing sprite itself.


Yes, I do understand the reason of this... Ahem... Sorry, it's still a visual bug. Even if it came from vanilla.
Actually, it doesn't matter, if it's something wrong with code or with sprites, while it's giving bad results.

Re: Zagemod (v1.3.4 Released, Page 14)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:39 pm
by silentzora
Iniquitatis wrote:I'm talking about this horizontal line.


Yes, I do understand the reason of this... Ahem... Sorry, it's still a visual bug. Even if it came from vanilla.
Actually, it doesn't matter, if it's something wrong with code or with sprites, while it's giving bad results.

It does matter what's causing it, because it determines whether it's something I can deal with myself, or something that the GZDoom devs have to deal with. Fortunately, it's the former. But you'll have to be patient with me, as I don't have a lot of time to work on spriting today.

Re: Zagemod (v1.3.4 Released, Page 14)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:43 pm
by Iniquitatis
Sure, it does matter for the developer, but not for the player/consumer/end user. :)

Re: Zagemod (v1.3.4 Released, Page 14)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:46 pm
by LOLANONIMUS
Hello, there is no error in the mod when I play it in the Android emulator delta touch the error says "1 errors when analyzing DECORATE scripst" can be solved?

[EDIT]I'm new to attach

files
Screenshot_20190629-205654.jpg

Re: Zagemod (v1.3.4 Released, Page 14)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:59 pm
by silentzora
LOLANONIMUS wrote:Hello, there is no error in the mod when I play it in the Android emulator delta touch the error says "1 errors when analyzing DECORATE scripst" can be solved?

Without posting an error log? No.