Zagemod (v1.3.6 RELEASED, Page 16)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Zagemod (v1.3.2 Released, Page 9)

Postby Neccronixis » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:09 am

I made some sprite edits to some weapons to make them fit the mod aesthetic better. The rocket launcher is intended to replace the existing one for the marine guy:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/z801736rt ... s.zip/file
User avatar
Neccronixis
 
Joined: 23 Dec 2011

Re: Zagemod (v1.3.2 Released, Page 9)

Postby SiFi270 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:47 am

When I saw that Neccronixis had replied to this thread, I knew it'd be something incredible.

The weapon pack for DUMP 3 also has an amazing centered D3 chaingun.
User avatar
SiFi270
 
Joined: 10 Feb 2015
Location: Does anyone put a serious answer here?

Re: Zagemod (v1.3.2 Released, Page 9)

Postby silentzora » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:50 am

Neccronixis wrote:I made some sprite edits to some weapons to make them fit the mod aesthetic better. The rocket launcher is intended to replace the existing one for the marine guy:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/z801736rt ... s.zip/file

Ooh, there's some really nice stuff in here. While I like what I've got for the MarineGuy RL, I might be able to use this for something new for AlphaGuy. I just need to figure out what to do for the altfire.

I'll definitely be putting these to work. Thanks for doing these! :D
User avatar
silentzora
Dead from the neck up. Also dead from the neck down.
 
Joined: 04 Jan 2004
Discord: silentzorah#1233

Re: Zagemod (v1.3.2 Released, Page 9)

Postby Enjay » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:49 pm

Those are nice edits. :yup:
User avatar
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain
 
 
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003
Location: Scotland

Re: Zagemod (v1.3.2 Released, Page 9)

Postby ShockwaveS08 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:34 pm

I noticed that the majority of Zagemod's file-size is from the audio files, so I ran through all 1,052 of them and converted whatever I could to the OGG audio format, roughly cutting the mod's size in half. Here's a link to the OGGified sounds, in the hopes you'll take them into consideration for the next release.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9ezexp66i ... G.pk3/file
ShockwaveS08
 
Joined: 07 Jul 2016
Discord: Shockwave_S08#0859

Re: Zagemod (v1.3.2 Released, Page 9)

Postby silentzora » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:35 pm

ShockwaveS08 wrote:I noticed that the majority of Zagemod's file-size is from the audio files, so I ran through all 1,052 of them and converted whatever I could to the OGG audio format, roughly cutting the mod's size in half. Here's a link to the OGGified sounds, in the hopes you'll take them into consideration for the next release.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9ezexp66i ... G.pk3/file

Oh cool, thank you! I'll implement that as soon as I'm able.
User avatar
silentzora
Dead from the neck up. Also dead from the neck down.
 
Joined: 04 Jan 2004
Discord: silentzorah#1233

Re: Zagemod (v1.3.2 Released, Page 9)

Postby Mere_Duke » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:44 pm

I downloaded latest Zagemod, and I can't find Cheogsh 2 compat patch (which is in my Zagemod folder since last year). Does this mean I no longer need that compat patch while playing Cheogsh 2 + Zagemod?
User avatar
Mere_Duke
Code Inspector
 
Joined: 28 Aug 2016
Location: Russia

Re: Zagemod (v1.3.2 Released, Page 9)

Postby silentzora » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:46 pm

Mere_Duke wrote:I downloaded latest Zagemod, and I can't find Cheogsh 2 compat patch (which is in my Zagemod folder since last year). Does this mean I no longer need that compat patch while playing Cheogsh 2 + Zagemod?

Yes, Cheogsh 2 should now be fully supported by Zagemod without need of a patch now. Hence, the patch is no longer included as of I believe v1.3.1. The only thing that needed patching were the keys.
User avatar
silentzora
Dead from the neck up. Also dead from the neck down.
 
Joined: 04 Jan 2004
Discord: silentzorah#1233

Re: Zagemod (v1.3.2 Released, Page 9)

Postby silentzora » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:17 pm

Poking away at v1.3.3. Here are some new additions I'm happy to share with you guys.


Three new weapons for AlphaGuy:
[*] Assault Shotgun - Pump action 12-gauge with specialized Dragon's Breath rounds for twice the damage. (Sprites: ChopBlock223, Mike-12)
[*] Heavy Carbine - A carbine variant of the Heavy Assault Rifle, with integrated 2x zoom scope.
[*] RPG - High velocity rocket launcher with 2x zoom, for picking off cliffside targets at long range. (Sprites: Neccronixis)

New sprites for the following weapons:
[*] Pistol (Credit: HeatBeat9505, ChopBlock223, osjclatchford, Corey Whittle)
[*] Heavy Assault Rifle (Credit: Neccronixis)
[*] BFG-2016 (Credit: Neccronixis)

Compatibility for NC HUD, including new tags for enemies, and specialized grenade counter for ammo display.

More to come.
User avatar
silentzora
Dead from the neck up. Also dead from the neck down.
 
Joined: 04 Jan 2004
Discord: silentzorah#1233

Re: Zagemod (v1.3.2 Released, Page 9)

Postby Dwailing » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:36 pm

Just gotta say that I love how this mod has shaped up. Going from a relatively simple QoL mod for Doom to a compilation of id shooter characters throughout the ages all with an art style that's remarkably consistent while remaining true to the source material and a combination of weapons and enemies that's actually pretty well balanced is no small accomplishment. Do you know if someone has mentioned this yet for this year's Cacowards? I think it would be a strong contender for the gameplay mod of the year.
Dwailing
 
Joined: 28 Jun 2017
Discord: 5896
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Re: Zagemod (v1.3.2 Released, Page 9)

Postby silentzora » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:46 pm

Dwailing wrote:Just gotta say that I love how this mod has shaped up. Going from a relatively simple QoL mod for Doom to a compilation of id shooter characters throughout the ages all with an art style that's remarkably consistent while remaining true to the source material and a combination of weapons and enemies that's actually pretty well balanced is no small accomplishment. Do you know if someone has mentioned this yet for this year's Cacowards? I think it would be a strong contender for the gameplay mod of the year.

To my knowledge, it hasn't been mentioned for a Cacoward, but I don't often pay attention to that sort of thing. I just like what I do. Modding itself is more fulfilling to me than setting out to win an award. Believe it or not, as long as I've built something that's fun for me to play, I'm happy. Having others enjoy my work is just a nice bonus. :P

I do appreciate the sentiment, though. :)
User avatar
silentzora
Dead from the neck up. Also dead from the neck down.
 
Joined: 04 Jan 2004
Discord: silentzorah#1233

Re: Zagemod (v1.3.2 Released, Page 9)

Postby Captain J » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:35 am

Bloody brilliant update and new features. I'm just glad you're still filled with nice and clever concepts to add more and more. Very nice and new weapon sprites and the sounds, too. Looking forward for more adventurous updates!
User avatar
Captain J
'OH YE'
 
 
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: Secret Chamber
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: Zagemod (v1.3.2 Released, Page 9)

Postby namsan » Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:05 am

Yeah this mod is becoming even better. Having many player classes means more fun.

Suggestion:
Can you make super shotguns able to always gib enemies who really close to the player?
Because shotguns already can gib enemies in the small chance, I think this change fits to your mod.
I don't know how to implement it, but I can remember SSGs of mods like High Noon Drifter or Smooth Doom have this feature.
User avatar
namsan
Loves English but hates Revenants
 
Joined: 31 Mar 2012
Location: Japan
Discord: Namsan#8146

Re: Zagemod (v1.3.2 Released, Page 9)

Postby silentzora » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:14 pm

namsan wrote:Suggestion:
Can you make super shotguns able to always gib enemies who really close to the player?
Because shotguns already can gib enemies in the small chance, I think this change fits to your mod.
I don't know how to implement it, but I can remember SSGs of mods like High Noon Drifter or Smooth Doom have this feature.

I dunno about always, though there is something implemented for the SSG already. I believe I have it set up so that there are actually two calls to A_FireBullets, the first using a puff with the ExtremeDeath flag. This means that if the first four hitscans kill the target, it will force gibbing.

There are two problems with this method, though.
1.) This will happen at any range, though it is unlikely, due to the SSG's spread.
2.) Gibbing is rare against monsters tougher than standard cannon fodder, like Barons, due to their deep HP pools. It's possible, though, if the cone doesn't fully envelop the target, leading to more shots, but higher chance of gibbing.

So yeah, it's sort of already in. Kinda. This behavior extends to all SGs, and includes the Battle Rifle, albeit at a lower rate (I believe it has to be the first bullet to kill).
User avatar
silentzora
Dead from the neck up. Also dead from the neck down.
 
Joined: 04 Jan 2004
Discord: silentzorah#1233

Re: Zagemod (v1.3.2 Released, Page 9)

Postby namsan » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:39 pm

Ah ok, thanks for a detailed answer! :D
I looked the code of shotgun weapons before, but I guess I didn't know how it works.
User avatar
namsan
Loves English but hates Revenants
 
Joined: 31 Mar 2012
Location: Japan
Discord: Namsan#8146

PreviousNext

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Simple Pie [RSS] and 9 guests