Zagemod (v1.5.1 Released, pg 25)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Wivicer
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Zagemod (v1.0 Released!)

Post by Wivicer »

Gotta say I love that the chaingun has a dedicated chaingun-sniping altfire.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

Wivicer wrote:Gotta say I love that the chaingun has a dedicated chaingun-sniping altfire.
I second this. I only find it weird that both fire modes have different damage formulas. Altfire does 5-15 in steps of 5 like in vanilla, but primary can do less than 5 or more than 15 in steps of 3 or 1, haven't looked at the code, but instantly noticed this cause I have Xaser's DamNums on autoload :P
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Oh yeah, i really agree on this one. This made chaingun most retrospective yet helpful. Automatic weapons in other mods these day has slightly or literally unstable accuracy. To make the gameplay Realistic? Maybe. But weapons must have their own advantage as well... Like gunning down enemies from far distance!
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

DabbingSquidward wrote:I second this. I only find it weird that both fire modes have different damage formulas. Altfire does 5-15 in steps of 5 like in vanilla, but primary can do less than 5 or more than 15 in steps of 3 or 1, haven't looked at the code, but instantly noticed this cause I have Xaser's DamNums on autoload :P
I'll have to look at that, actually. The Chaingun's primary fire should be doing a base damage of 7, nothing less.

Edit: Found the issue. I had the wrong damage set for its Hold state. This will be fixed in the next update.
silentzora

Re: Zagemod (v1.1 In Final Testing)

Post by silentzora »

Welp, I've been quiet as of late. Two months since the last time I've bothered to post anything on this project? Let's fix that.

I've actually been hard at work on Zagemod during all this time, and now that the new update is in its final testing stage, I feel it's time to spill some info on what's coming.

New Enemies
Stealth monsters are lame, so Zagemod will be replacing them with tougher variations of the enemies you know. Some long forgotten baddies are back, including Nightmare Imps, Blood Demons, and Belphegors. But remember, Hell never plays fair; expect a tough fight when you encounter these new monsters.

New Player Class - ST-Guy
Skulltag is and always will be an important part of the community's history, so Zagemod will pay tribute by adding a new player class, ST-Guy. Naturally, he'll be bringing a few new toys to the battlefield.

And, if Skulltag was never your thing, you can always select the classic Doomguy class. I won't judge.*

* Disclaimer: I might actually judge you and just not say anything.

New Weapons
All the Skulltag weapons have been brought back, with new features and altfires. Set up proximity mines with the Grenade Launcher, and snipe far-off Imps with the Railgun's scope.

Bug Fixes
I screw things up. Yeah, seriously. Who knew? So the new update's gonna fix a few things here and there, and make some quality-of-life improvements.

The v1.1 update will be available "Soon." (tm)
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

Sounds pretty badass! Can't wait for the release! By the way, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't skulltag have a minigun, or am I just remembering all that wrong?
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Whoah wrote:Sounds pretty badass! Can't wait for the release! By the way, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't skulltag have a minigun, or am I just remembering all that wrong?
Yes, Skulltag included the Minigun, Grenade Launcher, Railgun, and BFG10K. All of which will be present in the next update. :D
VecterStroke

Post by VecterStroke »

This mod is shaping up to be excellent. Are there going to be any quake classes in future updates?
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

VecterStroke wrote:This mod is shaping up to be excellent. Are there going to be any quake classes in future updates?
I have thought about adding a class similar to Slipgater in Doomzone. But it may be a while before I do this.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

This is great news, pal. I am eager to see what's next.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Eyup! Different class means a lot of ways to play the game. Hope he could have other unique firearms unlike Doomzone's!
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Captain J wrote:Eyup! Different class means a lot of ways to play the game. Hope he could have other unique firearms unlike Doomzone's!
I do have plans for a third class that will have some upgraded weapons, but that's going to wait until v1.2! :wink:
silentzora

Re: Zagemod (v1.1 Released! Page 2)

Post by silentzora »

Zagemod v1.1 is released!

Changelog:
Spoiler:
Download Zagemod v1.1
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

I see you're still working on updating Zagemod! I'll try this later. Nice work!
Midnight_King

Post by Midnight_King »

Been trying this out. I love the new blue hue on the stealth enemies and the exploding gore is awesome.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”