Zagemod (v1.5.1 Released, pg 25)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
silentzora

Re: Zagemod (v1.4 RELEASED, Page 17)

Post by silentzora »

Dwailing wrote:Suggestion, is there any chance you could implement a cvar for the amount of health/armor a health/armor boost provides? I feel like in some wads the default 5 is too high, and I've noticed when playing through Base Ganymede Complete that since it increases the armor boost effect to 5 as well I end up getting 25 armor per armor boost, which is... excessive, lol.
I'm implementing this feature now, and it will be available in the next release.
Dwailing
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Dwailing »

silentzora wrote:
Dwailing wrote:Suggestion, is there any chance you could implement a cvar for the amount of health/armor a health/armor boost provides? I feel like in some wads the default 5 is too high, and I've noticed when playing through Base Ganymede Complete that since it increases the armor boost effect to 5 as well I end up getting 25 armor per armor boost, which is... excessive, lol.
I'm implementing this feature now, and it will be available in the next release.
Fantastic, glad to hear it! BTW, I just got done playing through Dimension of the Boomed with Quakeguy and it was friggin' great.
TheDeathIncarnate76
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TheDeathIncarnate76 »

Cool and badass Mod, I've played it before (づ◔ ͜ʖ◔)づ
I just love everything in it :thumb:
Needs more overhaul, Have great Gameplay mechanics ^‿^ :chaingun:
silentzora

Re: Zagemod (v1.4.1 RELEASED, Page 19)

Post by silentzora »

Zagemod v1.4.1 is out now!

Changelog:
Spoiler:
Download Zagemod v1.4.1
Artman2004

Post by Artman2004 »

Would it be possible to add a flamethrower into this mod? Or is there no more room for new weapons?
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Artman2004 wrote:Would it be possible to add a flamethrower into this mod? Or is there no more room for new weapons?
There is certainly room for new weapons. I thought about adding a flamethrower to 64-Guy's arsenal, to sort of pay homage to the cut alpha weapon. I realize that Eternal's got an equipment launcher, but I don't currently plan on adding an Eternal themed class at this point in time.

At this point, I don't currently have any concrete plans for any new classes, though. Maybe a WolfenGuy? Iunno. I could give him a Flammenwerfer or something.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Brilliant Update. This is getting greater and ever! But i think i found some weird glitch after running the mod with some addon named: zageSkies.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

I'll check it out. I'm currently out on vacation, so it will probably be tomorrow when I can take a look at it. It's probably just a bad texture definition, I think. Is this for Doom 2, or Wadsmoosh?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Just played Doom 2 with GZDoom v4.3.3. Was the wad order incorrect or something?
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

I'm not 100% certain. It should work regardless of it being before or after Zagemod. I'll look into it.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Alright, Captain J. I found the problem. When I added compatibility for Wadsmoosh, I changed the sky definition from SKY1 and SKY2 to RSKY1 and RSKY2. While this worked in Wadsmoosh, it broke Doom 2 compatibility. So I moved the textures from the Patches folder to a new Textures folder, and now it works fine.

The download for Zagemod's been updated, but if you just want to download the skies addon, you can do that here.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

You're doing a good work. Glad it wasn't the only one who have found the issue!
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Been a while since I posted any dev log stuff, so let's fix that.

ZoraGal's arsenal is getting a few enhancements. That altfire on her Riot Shotgun is kinda broke AF, so now she's got to reload it after eight shots. The news isn't all bad, though, as her Squad Rifle has gotten a substantial buff with an increased fire rate and cluster bombs.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Oh yeah, she certainly need more love, alright! But don't over do it or she could beat nuts2.wad all by herself!
silentzora

Re: Zagemod (Voice Work Wanted!)

Post by silentzora »

Alright, so, dev update. I'm working on a taunt system that plays a sound from the player occasionally when gibbing a monster. Chances are, you'll have a greater chance of triggering it when you gib a bunch of monsters at once, with a cooldown of at least 30 seconds between taunts. This system is enabled by default, and can be disabled in the menu.

I do have a single taunt, usually a laugh, for each character. But, sticking out like a sore thumb is ZoraGal, with 12 taunts.

So, I'm looking for voice work for the other six classes (counting Doomguy and ST-Guy as one). Preferrably something matching (or coming close to) the standard grunts and death cries currently used in Zagemod. If you've got anything that matches up close enough, let me know. Thanks.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”