Zagemod (v1.5.1 Released, pg 25)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
silentzora

Re: Zagemod (v1.2 Preview, Page 3)

Post by silentzora »

Sneak preview on Zagemod v1.2. I'm not done with the mod yet, that's for sure.

Currently no ETA on the v1.2 release. There is still one player class I want to add to the mix. Maybe two. We'll see.
Nems
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Nems »

Looking good so far! :D That's the Doom 64 class, I'm guessing?
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Nems wrote:Looking good so far! :D That's the Doom 64 class, I'm guessing?
Naturally! Also decided to add a second class with some Alpha content. Still a work in progress, though.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Looks flawless, as always!
YasuoProjectX
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by YasuoProjectX »

The weapons are still powerful than Brutal Doom
Dwailing
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Dwailing »

So we're gonna have ClassicGuy, SkulltagGuy, Doom64Guy, and AlphaGuy? Badass!
silentzora

Re: Zagemod (v1.2 Released, Page 3)

Post by silentzora »

Zagemod v1.2 is live!

Download Zagemod v1.2
Nems
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Nems »

I really loved playing as AlphaGuy. He surprised me in a good way. He's a lot more tactical but not so tactical that it disrupts Doom's core gameplay flow. His playstyle encourages more precision kills versus absolute slaughter. Speaking of, 64Guy really excels at the whole "slaughter everything violently" thing. :V

Congrats on releasing 1.2, dude!
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

I'm really into the new classes! It's odd that ST Guy is just an objectively better version of Doomguy, though.

Also, may I request making footsteps optional and the tilt module be placed in a separate wad? I'm using this with Josh's Immerse mod which adds tilting, bobbing, and proper footsteps that are synchronized with its other aspects. I know I can just manually remove all this stuff myself but it would be convenient for other people using it, too. Maybe you can even ask Josh if you can implement it into Zagemod? (but it's literally several mods stitched together and it wouldn't be an issue at all for separated footsteps and tilting. Could just link it in the main post instead)

Lastly, the chainsaw is in dire need of balance. It does MASSIVE amounts of damage and gives so much ammo that I ended up with 50 shells in MAP01 before I even got to kill all the monsters and took no damage using only the chainsaw the whole time.

EDIT: I made it to the crusher with nothing but the chainsaw and full ammo in everything, killed the Spider mastermind with the chainsaw then died to the toxic waste while fighting pinkies.
Last edited by Someone64 on Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0mrcynic0
Location: The corner of "screw off" and "none of your business."

Post by 0mrcynic0 »

Really like the 64-Guy right now and the Alpha-Guy is cool as well it puts the ST-Guy to shame in my opinion.
0mrcynic0
Location: The corner of "screw off" and "none of your business."

Post by 0mrcynic0 »

Someone64 wrote: Lastly, the chainsaw is in dire need of balance. It does MASSIVE amounts of damage and gives so much ammo that I ended up with 50 shells in MAP01 before I even got to kill all the monsters and took no damage using only the chainsaw the whole time.
I think the option to lessen item drops should be included instead. Quite frankly, I don't mind the extra item drops.
Last edited by 0mrcynic0 on Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dwailing
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Dwailing »

I feel like Alphaguy's shotgun should have a big muzzle break just for that real alpha feel. :P

Seriously, though, awesome work and I look forward to playing the new version.
StroggVorbis

Post by StroggVorbis »

The random z-height of the +SPAWNFLOAT flag ignores 3D floors, making Lost Souls occasionally get stuck in some levels.
namsan

Post by namsan »

Hey, thanks for update.

In current build, the throwing distance of grenades is too short for me. It limits the usage of greandes.
I hope 64Doomguy get more unique weapons in future. (Especially shotguns and rocket launcher)
silentzora

Re: Zagemod (v1.2.1 Released, Page 3)

Post by silentzora »

Hey guys, been reading your feedback on the last update. I was actually writing up a response on my phone before that decided to crash on me, but here goes again.
Someone64 wrote:Also, may I request making footsteps optional and the tilt module be placed in a separate wad? I'm using this with Josh's Immerse mod which adds tilting, bobbing, and proper footsteps that are synchronized with its other aspects. I know I can just manually remove all this stuff myself but it would be convenient for other people using it, too. Maybe you can even ask Josh if you can implement it into Zagemod? (but it's literally several mods stitched together and it wouldn't be an issue at all for separated footsteps and tilting. Could just link it in the main post instead)
Yeah, I'm thinking I could implement a CVAR to disable the footsteps. It wouldn't be too hard. Wouldn't be necessary to remove them from the file. I'll address it in a minor update soon.
Someone64 wrote:Lastly, the chainsaw is in dire need of balance. It does MASSIVE amounts of damage and gives so much ammo that I ended up with 50 shells in MAP01 before I even got to kill all the monsters and took no damage using only the chainsaw the whole time.

EDIT: I made it to the crusher with nothing but the chainsaw and full ammo in everything, killed the Spider mastermind with the chainsaw then died to the toxic waste while fighting pinkies.
To be honest, I did notice this myself, especially when developing the Combat Chainsaw, which does even more damage. I'm glad you actually brought this up to kind of confirm my suspicion, since no one in my testing team mentioned it. This is the kind of feedback I need, honestly. I'm going to see about nerfing the damage a bit to be closer to the original damage formula from Vanilla. The Combat Chainsaw will likely use the formula from the standard Chainsaw as used by the other classes. It's got two blades, so it should do more damage. Anyway, I'll change it up.
DabbingSquidward wrote:The random z-height of the +SPAWNFLOAT flag ignores 3D floors, making Lost Souls occasionally get stuck in some levels.
This sounds like an engine bug. But I always hated having all the Lost Souls spawn on the floor uniformly. I guess this will have to be just an acceptable quirk of the mod, because I'd rather not change this.
namsan wrote:In current build, the throwing distance of grenades is too short for me. It limits the usage of greandes.
I hope 64Doomguy get more unique weapons in future. (Especially shotguns and rocket launcher)
I'm always on the lookout for new sprites to use for weapons like this. I did think about changing up the Shotgun and SSG for 64-Guy, but in all honesty, I wasn't totally sure how I'd be able to vary up the weapons from their default variants without feeling to samey, so I left them alone. If you've got any ideas, though, feel free to shoot.

As far as the grenades go, they're supposed to be kind of a limited use item. I mostly use them for bouncing around corners and tossing them through windows to eliminate targets I can't see. Think of it as a tactical feature instead of something to take down multiple Barons in wide open arenas.

I'll see if I can address a few of these issues in a minor update soon.

EDIT: Speaking of...
Download Zagemod v1.2.1

Changelog:
Spoiler:

Return to “Gameplay Mods”