Zagemod (v1.5.1 Released, pg 25)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
silentzora

Re: Zagemod (v1.3.3 Released, Page 12)

Post by silentzora »

Elkinda wrote:Hey Zoraguy.

My friend and I still play the mod regularly, thanks for making it :D

I have a minor thing to report from our co-op session: When a player picks up a key, that key vanishes for the other player.
This is troublesome when playing without respawns or if there is a multi-key door.

Thank you for your time.
I'll fix it. I had converted all the key pickups to a CustomInventory to fix another bug, but if it's causing problems in the base game, I'll change it back. No worries. It'll be fixed in the next version.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Adding some custom spawn behavior for Imps, controllable by CVAR/menu option.

Mode 0 = Classic Imps only
Mode 1 = Three variations of Imps, including one slightly faster and one slightly stronger imp.
Mode 2 = Doom 64 spawns. Classic Imps, plus occasionally spawning a Nightmare Imp.

Will likely expand on this in later versions, maybe bringing back some spawn logic from previous mods, eg. Doomzone, QuakeStyle. We'll see.
Kaptin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kaptin »

So i have tried your mod and it was fun but i feel like your mod breaks a little bit balance mostly some weapons are too much strong? Not sure if it's me being good or weapons feels really buffed.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Kaptin wrote:So i have tried your mod and it was fun but i feel like your mod breaks a little bit balance mostly some weapons are too much strong? Not sure if it's me being good or weapons feels really buffed.
Some of the weapons are a bit stronger, but in most cases, the changes are minimal. For example, the standard shotgun fires three additional pellets, and the chaingun does a base damage of 7, instead of the usual 5.
Thorogrimm
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Thorogrimm »

Hey, I'm really enjoying the mod over-all and the new additions to the character roster are crazy good. Just a few things I'd like to address in order for it to be better, though. Firstly, I think there should be an option for the lamp sounds to be turned off as I'm not a huge fan of the constant whirring unless you decide to break all of them. Secondly, the option for the character HUD to be turned on or off would also be cool as I'd like to be able to play some wads with the intended status bar, it would just add more immersion personally. And lastly, this is probably just nitpicking, but the punch animations seem to be kinda robotic and stiff compared to some others I've seen; I don't know if it's possible to change such a thing at this stage, but it'd improve the quality of the mod.

Aside from that, I wish you luck in future updates, I look forward to seeing any new additions to this great gameplay mod! :)
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Thorogrimm wrote:Hey, I'm really enjoying the mod over-all and the new additions to the character roster are crazy good. Just a few things I'd like to address in order for it to be better, though. Firstly, I think there should be an option for the lamp sounds to be turned off as I'm not a huge fan of the constant whirring unless you decide to break all of them. Secondly, the option for the character HUD to be turned on or off would also be cool as I'd like to be able to play some wads with the intended status bar, it would just add more immersion personally. And lastly, this is probably just nitpicking, but the punch animations seem to be kinda robotic and stiff compared to some others I've seen; I don't know if it's possible to change such a thing at this stage, but it'd improve the quality of the mod.

Aside from that, I wish you luck in future updates, I look forward to seeing any new additions to this great gameplay mod! :)
Hey, thanks for the feedback. I'll explore the possibility of disabling background noise for lamps and such. This option would likely affect all decorative objects, not just the light posts.

The punch animation can definitely be changed, though I'd like to see if there are some improved sprites for such before I follow through with that. Perhaps in a future update. I'm actually getting ready to launch v1.3.4 at the time of writing.

Unfortunately, I don't think the statusbar behavior is going to happen, as I've fully implemented Blue Shadow's NC HUD into the upcoming update.
Thorogrimm
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Thorogrimm »

silentzora wrote:
Thorogrimm wrote:Hey, I'm really enjoying the mod over-all and the new additions to the character roster are crazy good. Just a few things I'd like to address in order for it to be better, though. Firstly, I think there should be an option for the lamp sounds to be turned off as I'm not a huge fan of the constant whirring unless you decide to break all of them. Secondly, the option for the character HUD to be turned on or off would also be cool as I'd like to be able to play some wads with the intended status bar, it would just add more immersion personally. And lastly, this is probably just nitpicking, but the punch animations seem to be kinda robotic and stiff compared to some others I've seen; I don't know if it's possible to change such a thing at this stage, but it'd improve the quality of the mod.

Hey, thanks for the feedback. I'll explore the possibility of disabling background noise for lamps and such. This option would likely affect all decorative objects, not just the light posts.

The punch animation can definitely be changed, though I'd like to see if there are some improved sprites for such before I follow through with that. Perhaps in a future update. I'm actually getting ready to launch v1.3.4 at the time of writing.

Unfortunately, I don't think the statusbar behavior is going to happen, as I've fully implemented Blue Shadow's NC HUD into the upcoming update.
Hi, great to hear from you, and I'm glad to hear that you're bringing forward another update soon and are considering the ability to turn off ambience sounds. For the melee animations, I've seen a few sprites drifting around here and there on some forums, and maybe one or two on Realm667 but it depends if they're usable. I think it might be a good idea to use the default fists from the smooth weapons mod and mirror the arms in an alternating fashion. Similar to that of the STROOM mod, as seen here https://www.moddb.com/mods/stroom

In any case, glad to hear you're active still and that you're taking some of these suggestions into account. Good luck!
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

How's this look, Thorogrimm? Better?

Also, MAJOR thanks to Kinsie for providing updated code and portraits for the player selection menu!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Those Portraits looks awesome and explains the characteristic of each classes. However the Kick looks pretty the same as fists, despite it's slightly slow and you're using... Well, a leg! But sound effects are pretty nice, though!
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Captain J wrote:Those Portraits looks awesome and explains the characteristic of each classes. However the Kick looks pretty the same as fists, despite it's slightly slow and you're using... Well, a leg! But sound effects are pretty nice, though!
The kick, while largely similar to punching, does twice the amount of damage, at the cost of having a slightly longer windup time. I'm also toying with knockback for enemies while kicking, to try and earn some breathing room when Pinkies are trying to gnaw on your face. Finally figured out how to implement that, so I'm going for it. :D
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

silentzora wrote:
Kaptin wrote:So i have tried your mod and it was fun but i feel like your mod breaks a little bit balance mostly some weapons are too much strong? Not sure if it's me being good or weapons feels really buffed.
Some of the weapons are a bit stronger, but in most cases, the changes are minimal. For example, the standard shotgun fires three additional pellets, and the chaingun does a base damage of 7, instead of the usual 5.
Sorry but that really isn't minimal at all. The chaingun normally does 5-15 damage per bullet. Now it does 7-21 per bullet. Quickly adds up.
Last edited by Slax on Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Slax wrote:
silentzora wrote:Some of the weapons are a bit stronger, but in most cases, the changes are minimal. For example, the standard shotgun fires three additional pellets, and the chaingun does a base damage of 7, instead of the usual 5.
Sorry but that really isn't minimal at all.
If you want the vanilla damage formula and behavior, now is a good time to speak up, so I can still add an option to force it.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

You could just split it into two classes. Vanilla+ and Not So Vanilla. Choice is good.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Slax wrote:You could just split it into two classes. Vanilla+ and Not So Vanilla. Choice is good.
No need to add a new class just for that. Easier to just add a CVAR.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Sure, that's probably simpler.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”