Zagemod (v1.5.1 Released, pg 25)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
silentzora

Re: Zagemod (v1.4 RELEASED, Page 17)

Post by silentzora »

Mogh wrote:Cool, how long into the future would you rework it, such as Zagemod 1.5??
Possibly v1.4.1. But at my own leisure.
Mogh

Post by Mogh »

Ok, good, also nice mod, I'd rate this in my top 10 best DOOM mods of all time. :)
Nems
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Nems »

Gonna give this a spin in Doom Core Delta. Will provide my thoughts after after I play through it. <3

I do have a question about one of the things in the changelog though: what WADs have Marine replacements? I can't recall off the top of my head at the moment any custom WADs that utilize them.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

Nems wrote:Gonna give this a spin in Doom Core Delta. Will provide my thoughts after after I play through it. <3

I do have a question about one of the things in the changelog though: what WADs have Marine replacements? I can't recall off the top of my head at the moment any custom WADs that utilize them.
Mainly ZDoom based mods. Ultimate Torment & Torture, Extermination Day, and Cheogsh 2 come to mind.
Nems
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Nems »

Ah, nice! I think I'll hold off on playing through the Cacoward stuff I downloaded so I can give those a shot with the latest Zagemod. :D

Really digging the brightmaps you added. <3
EmperorGrieferus

Post by EmperorGrieferus »

Is there any way to use new skies separately from this mod?
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

EmperorGrieferus wrote:Is there any way to use new skies separately from this mod?
Yes, the skies can be run separately from the mod. There is some duplicate sky code for Sigil and No Rest for the Living in Zagemod, but for the most part, zageSkies.pk3 is self-contained and can even be run vanilla, if you wanted to.
EmperorGrieferus

silentzora wrote:
EmperorGrieferus wrote:Is there any way to use new skies separately from this mod?
Yes, the skies can be run separately from the mod. There is some duplicate sky code for Sigil and No Rest for the Living in Zagemod, but for the most part, zageSkies.pk3 is self-contained and can even be run vanilla, if you wanted to.
Another question.
Is it possible to recompile it for GZDoom 2.4.0?
I just don't play newer versions for some reasons.
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

EmperorGrieferus wrote:
silentzora wrote:
Another question.
Is it possible to recompile it for GZDoom 2.4.0?
I just don't play newer versions for some reasons.
2.4.0? Not without killing a lot of functionality in the mod. If you need to use something older, I recommend using LZDoom. I had to go back and fix a bug in the previous major release to get it to run on it. It's basically GZDoom's latest revision, only designed to run on legacy hardware.
EmperorGrieferus

Ok, thanks.
Sorry for disturbing.
VecterStroke

Post by VecterStroke »

I have noticed some weapons in the decorate code that are not present in game, such as
Spoiler:
are these going to be added to a futures version, or are they just leftover code?
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

VecterStroke wrote:I have noticed some weapons in the decorate code that are not present in game, such as
Spoiler:
are these going to be added to a futures version, or are they just leftover code?
Leftover code from initial design specs. I could go back and add them at some point, but to be honest, I kinda sorta... Forgot about them. lol :lol:

If there's enough interest, I probably wouldn't mind adding them in the future.
Spoiler:
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

So I may have asked this before, but is there any reason why the pistol reloads despite no other weapon, other than the ssg, does so?
silentzora

Post by silentzora »

TheOldKingCole wrote:So I may have asked this before, but is there any reason why the pistol reloads despite no other weapon, other than the ssg, does so?
To counter balance its increased fire rate and accuracy.
Dwailing
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Dwailing »

Suggestion, is there any chance you could implement a cvar for the amount of health/armor a health/armor boost provides? I feel like in some wads the default 5 is too high, and I've noticed when playing through Base Ganymede Complete that since it increases the armor boost effect to 5 as well I end up getting 25 armor per armor boost, which is... excessive, lol.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”