[3DGE] Heathen v1.0 final(?)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
CeeJay

[3DGE] Heathen v1.0 final(?)

Post by CeeJay »

A Heretic/Hexen inspired DOOM mod for EDGE/3DGE. Should work fine with any version between 1.35 and the more recent 3DGE builds.

VERSION 1.0
https://www.mediafire.com/file/l1migo50 ... 0.wad/file

ORIGINAL THREAD
http://www.tdgmods.net/smf/viewtopic.ph ... 4334#p4334

SCREENSHOTS (using INVADERS.WAD) practically prehistoric at this point
Spoiler:
ITEMS
Spoiler:
CREDITS
Spoiler:
Last edited by CeeJay on Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:57 am, edited 32 times in total.
CeeJay

Re: [3DGE] Heathen (medieval/fantasy mod)

Post by CeeJay »

I am in need of some custom weapons and enemies, preferable in a Heretic/Hexen style. Anything outside of Realm 667 and the works of Neoworm and Eriance, any suggestion and links would be appreciated. I am in need of replacements for the Imp, Cyberdemon and Wolfenstein SS. Also, there is currently only seven weapons.

Any ideas for the HUD would also be welcomed.
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

Aw hell yeh! I've been looking for a good medieval gameplay mod for a long ass time. Looking forward to this!
RedoLane

Post by RedoLane »

Looks to me like the DemonSteele of the Hexen series.
Very promising, and I can't wait to try it!
neoworm

Post by neoworm »

CeeJay wrote:I am in need of some custom weapons and enemies, preferable in a Heretic/Hexen style. Anything outside of Realm 667 and the works of Neoworm and Eriance, any suggestion and links would be appreciated. I am in need of replacements for the Imp, Cyberdemon and Wolfenstein SS. Also, there is currently only seven weapons.
Either Might&Magic or Dungeon Keeper sprites come to mind.

Also glad to see my new sprites to be used.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

I try to avoid using enemies ripped directly from other games. I would like to keep as much of it custom as possible, sticking to a Raven style (Heretic, Hexen, etc.).

EDIT:
New more elaborate HUD

Bottom left: Health, armor and keys
Bottom right: (Ethereal) arrows and mana (blue, red and green)
Top right: "Inventory" (Action keys, power-ups)
CeeJay

Re: [3DGE] Heathen (medieval/fantasy mod) v0.2

Post by CeeJay »

So, yea it be released but not quite what I would call finished. Some enemies may be subject to change and some of their attacks are a little half-assed or underwhelming.

Enjoy!

EDIT:
(Finally) got rid of the Soul Harvester, added new enemy, finished off the Fallen, added keys and some other stuff.
badcaradvice

Re: [3DGE] Heathen (medieval/fantasy mod) v0.3

Post by badcaradvice »

Liking what I see so far, though a couple things:

1. The Ritual Dagger doesn't seem to be working properly. After it wears off it still seems I have extra strength after that. Maybe a limit of Doom? I'm using the latest version of EDGE for this.

2. I'm not sure how Timon's Axe is supposed to function, but it's a little underwhelming. Right now it feels like the Crossbow except it fires 3 separate projectiles that do about the same damage if they all connect. I might be missing something, too.

I had to figure out that Action 1 is what allows you to deploy the Mines of Antioch. Again, might be an EDGE thing.

I like the blood effects when you punch or slash someone up close. It helps give the mod a more brutal and gritty feel.

I hope you keep at it! A dark fantasy mod like this is great!
CeeJay

Re: [3DGE] Heathen (medieval/fantasy mod) v0.3

Post by CeeJay »

badcaradvice wrote:Liking what I see so far, though a couple things:

1. The Ritual Dagger doesn't seem to be working properly. After it wears off it still seems I have extra strength after that. Maybe a limit of Doom? I'm using the latest version of EDGE for this.
That should not be, though I might have missed something.
badcaradvice wrote:2. I'm not sure how Timon's Axe is supposed to function, but it's a little underwhelming. Right now it feels like the Crossbow except it fires 3 separate projectiles that do about the same damage if they all connect. I might be missing something, too.
Underwhelming, yes, but it does reasonable amount of damage. My lack of imagination shining through. Nice projectile, just not sure what to do with it.
badcaradvice wrote:I had to figure out that Action 1 is what allows you to deploy the Mines of Antioch. Again, might be an EDGE thing.
Yes, Action 1 key. An EDGE thing.
badcaradvice wrote:I like the blood effects when you punch or slash someone up close. It helps give the mod a more brutal and gritty feel.
That's what I was going for, inspired by the likes of Witchaven.
badcaradvice wrote:I hope you keep at it! A dark fantasy mod like this is great!
Thank you for the feedback. I'm gearing up for a 0.4 release so I'll have a look at some of these issues along with some others I'm aware of.
CeeJay

Re: [3DGE] Heathen (medieval/fantasy mod) v0.6

Post by CeeJay »

Updated with added secondary attacks for weapons along with lots of tweaks and improvements throughout. The Dragon Sword still only has a primary attack and the Vorpal Blades secondary attack is charged up by killing enemies with its primary attack.

Enjoy!
RUNSABER

Post by RUNSABER »

Following up on Heathen, I was so inspired by Ceejay's mod that I've taken it upon myself with permission to make some custom-themed levels exclusively for EDGE and the mod in mention :) So far I have a few maps available and each level can be completed and restarted in any order at any time through the game's level hub. You must beat levels in tiers to reach the next hub, however. Expect some platforming, crouch mechanics, puzzle solving and of course, brutal action.

central hub tier 1

CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

:wub:

Man, I'm looking forward more and more to trying those maps out. Looks amazing.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Is this for Heretic/Hexen or Doom, I can't tell.
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

It's a DOOM mod.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Oh, there we go. Derp.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”