[minimod][v1.6.2] Autoautosave

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DYD
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [minimod][v1.2.2] Autoautosave

Post by DYD »

Is it possible to make the autosaves replace the older ones so I can have only 1 autosave slot?
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

Go to Autoautosave options and set "Number of autosaves" to 1.
Not sure why you would want this, because there is always a chance of getting an unlucky autosave.
retronutcase

Post by retronutcase »

Absolutely loving this mod, though I do have a couple questions/requests regarding it.

Would it be possible to have the auto save that's created when you enter a new map (assuming it's enabled) not be overwritten by other autosaves, so you always have an autosave at the start of the map if needed?

Also, key pickups don't register as autosave events in some of Yholl's mods like Doom Roguelike Arsenal and LegenDoom. Could that be fixed?
m8f

Re: [minimod][v1.3] Autoautosave

Post by m8f »

retronutcase wrote:Would it be possible to have the auto save that's created when you enter a new map (assuming it's enabled) not be overwritten by other autosaves, so you always have an autosave at the start of the map if needed?
I believe this is not possible to do automatically. What I would recommend: type

Code: Select all

bind t "save on_level_start"
in console. Replace t with a key that is convenient to you. Then you would be able to do a named save by pressing this key. This is a bit faster way than through the save menu.
retronutcase wrote:Also, key pickups don't register as autosave events in some of Yholl's mods like Doom Roguelike Arsenal and LegenDoom. Could that be fixed?
Yes!
I finally found a way to do this in a generic way. Here is the update: https://www.mediafire.com/file/srqvcu8c ... 3.pk3/file
Autoautosave should be now even more universal.
dmslr

Post by dmslr »

How difficult is making auto pistol start (combined with autosave ofc) as an option?
m8f

Post by m8f »

Not sure what do you mean. There are several pistol start mods out there, one of which is IDCLEVer starter.
dmslr

Post by dmslr »

Sorry. I thought it might be relevant. Thanks for both your minimods!
saibog
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by saibog »

hi and hope all is well on your side of the world. really love your mod. if possible, could you slightly tweak your mod to have say 120 autosaves max limit rather than the 20 max limit? i wanted to autosave like every 30 seconds per hour of gameplay, which amounts to ideally 120 autosaves. i tried changing the cvar "autosavecount" via "autoexec.cfg", but that max limit reverts back to 20 in the game. thank you in advance and for the awesome work.
m8f

Post by m8f »

Just tried to set autosavecount to 120 via console, and it looks like it stays like so even in game. I successfully created 23 autosaves now.
Anyway, this variable is not something that I could tweak in the mod, it's engine-side.
Lagi

Post by Lagi »

excellent tool, now when I die before exit, i dont contemplate my life choices :)
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

Decided to use this with a second play of Golden Souls 2 and discovered that its Big Coins don't seem to trigger the "important item found" event. Also discovered that the "moved to another place" event prints "Unknown event type" to the console when it fires. Using GZDoom 4.4.1.

Edit: And it appears "Time passed" likes to fire after "All enemies eliminated" or "Major healing" often"?
m8f

Post by m8f »

Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

I've also thought of a suggestion, now that Golden Souls 2 brings it to mind. Would you consider disabling autoautosaving for at least a few seconds after transitioning to a new map? I ask because revisiting maps in a hub tends to fire events such as "all enemies eliminated", "all items collected", etcetera, again and create another autosave, in addition to the autosave that GZDoom does on a map transition.

(My previous idea was to bookkeep which maps have had these statistics maxed, but that's likely more work than is necessary to prevent two immediate saves. Although, to ponder on it more, it would be necessary to solve the Hexen problem of a script that continually spawns enemies...)
m8f

Post by m8f »

Thanks for the suggestion! Added an issue.

I really should revisit this mod and update it.
Ltmajordude
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Ltmajordude »

I really should revisit this mod and update it.
Yeah, this mod sounds really interesting.
Would like it if it autosaved when 33% enemies are dead and autosave when 66% enemies are dead.
Or if it autosaved when 50% enemies are dead or something. shrugs

Return to “Gameplay Mods”